3 (7.5%)
Ubisoft
2 (5%)
Sony
18 (45%)
Nintendo
15 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: E3 2016 Megathread  (Read 46471 times)

Nintendo's E3 section has been updated, and they're showing off more than just Zelda.

The NX won't be there, but you will see:

• Legend of Zelda for Wii U
  • Pokemon Sun/Moon
  • Pokemon GO
  • Monster Hunter Generations
  • Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past
  • Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
so uh
one thing to care about
got it

Anyway, going to have to start filling this thing in:

Let me know what you think about the format. If you want you can use it (change the name at the top of course); font is Bebas Neue. Funny how the rainbow colors actually lined up with each company's colors, except for Microsoft, though I suppose yellow is on one quadrant of the Windows logo.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 03:02:34 AM by TristanLuigi »

Funny how the rainbow colors actually lined up with each company's colors
are you sure about that? sony and nintendo, sure, I guess. but I don't think any of the others are really associated with the color you gave them
certainly not... "pc gaming"

It's gorgeous. I'll just suggest some simple colour tweaks:

EA should be a light blue.

Bethesda should be a dark grey:

Microsoft should be Green.

PC Gaming is good, AMD and PC Gamer both use red.

Ubisoft is about right, maybe just a slightly darker shade of purple.

Sony is pretty much correct; it's a shade of blue between EA and Ubisoft.

I reckon you should do Nintendo as a deep green, as their flagship product this year is Legend of Zelda.

It really doesn't help that these companies have a million logos with different colour variations, but I feel those are the most relevant for this E3.

Quick bump, I'll add it to the OP once you're happy with it.

Also, if anybody has any of those classic E3 Bingo cards, send a link and I'll also add those to the OP. Gonna update OP with stream links in the next few days.

are you sure about that? sony and nintendo, sure, I guess. but I don't think any of the others are really associated with the color you gave them
certainly not... "pc gaming"
- snip -
EA's logo used to be green:

One of Bethesda's flagship franchises, Fallout, has a very heavy yellow-green theme. Of course, that won't be the focus of their E3 (probably, though they might talk about DLC), but it represents the company better as a whole and I'm using gray for the "Other" category.

I already know MS should be green, but it would look a bit out of place with the rainbow scheme unless I were to change the ordering, which at the moment is in chronological order.

Both AMD and PC gamer use red, as McJob mentioned.

Purple is definitely Ubisoft's color - not quite the right shade, but I'm using Google's Material Design (site down at the moment) color palette to maintain nice tone and consistency.

Nobody really had an issue with Sony.

Nintendo I think is already the right shade - sure, they're advertising Zelda, but they use cyan on EVERYTHING since the Wii came out. Red would also work, but it's used in the PC Gaming thing.

Unless someone really objects, I don't think I'm going to change it. It fits most companies, with the exception of Microsoft and to some extent Bethesda, maintains a nice rainbow theme AND is in chronological order according to the countdown, and looks good in my opinion. I'd rather have a good overall look and pattern than get each individual company perfect. Maybe that's - if you'll excuse the cringe - "just my OCD." If you want the source file and have the font Bebas Neue installed as well as a vector editor (I use the free and open-source Inkscape, but Illustrator and CorelDraw might work), download it here. Off the page to the right I have a series of letter grades to use as well (A, B, C, D, and F, as well as an S for an outstanding segment and X for a terrible one).

Also, if anybody has any of those classic E3 Bingo cards, send a link and I'll also add those to the OP.
I can make this too, but I need ideas for the squares because I can't think of a damn thing.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 04:05:31 AM by TristanLuigi »

OP updated, show us your ideas for bingo cards, folks!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 04:38:51 AM by McJob »

This is it so far (some ideas from Tudoreleuu and Decepticon)

Away from my computer right now, but I'm going to add "game delayed," "ea mentions it's reputation" and "amiibo" (relisted by Tudoreleuu since we were in a Steam chat"
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 05:01:33 AM by TristanLuigi »

"hideo kojima reveals his game"
"technical difficulties"
"zelda timeline gets even MORE forgeted up"
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 04:45:53 AM by Tudoreleu »

Add a "Cringe fest on stage moment" and "Feminists get triggered" to it

Here's some terrible ideas from me.

A Halo game on PC.
Shawn Layden applauds a game.
Ubisoft has another musical guest.
Fallout 4 DLC.
Konami onstage.
A VR Game gets announced.
A classic franchise gets a reboot.
Tim Schafer is shown during the Sony conference.
A new subscription service is announced.
A TV/Music App for a console is unveiled.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 04:49:37 AM by McJob »

Another loving console from Microsoft or Sony that is almost no different than the previous one

Another loving console from Microsoft or Sony that is almost no different than the previous one
No need to do that, Sony already has one and Microsoft allegedly has two in the works which they could properly announce at E3.

Popcap does something embarrassing.

'A new portable gaming device not created by Nintendo'