3 (7.5%)
Ubisoft
2 (5%)
Sony
18 (45%)
Nintendo
15 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: E3 2016 Megathread  (Read 45921 times)

good. last year there was no links anywhere in the topic, and all of us were on different pages watching things at different 20second gaps. half our streams forgeted up with no quick check.

Who is really expecting elder scrolls 6? Already? How about waiting maybe 3 more years.

For the past (4+?) years I've hosted e3 chats on the steam group here

I don't think anyone Is expecting it, the poll only says what would you like most to appear, not what is most likely to appear.
Edit: Something I'm excited for is the For Honor showcase, really like the look of it from what they showed in 2015
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 10:32:13 AM by Nymph »

Who is really expecting elder scrolls 6? Already? How about waiting maybe 3 more years.
daggerfall was released two years after arena. then morrowind six years later. then oblivion four years later, and finally skyrim five years after that
it's now been nearly five years after skyrim was released

I don't really see any reason to think it's impossible for the sixth to be announced this year. much less to expect that three years from now

I'm just thinking that if Bethesda is going to continue having a conference, then they have to have at least an hours worth of games to show. They have Dishonored, they have potentially Fallout 4/DOOM DLC. We suspect Prey 2 will be reannounced. I feel like they need a bit more to fill the timeslot.

as dissapointed as i was with doom im actually pretty excited for prey 2

You know something that annoys me?

There's people out there who argue that E3 conference should just be some people going up, very briefly explain their game, show the trailer and that's that. I think that's bullstuff.

Why bother have these conferences if all you're going to do is show some trailers? Part of the charm of E3 are the personalities and the people. That's what I want to see at E3. I could just see all the trailers on YouTube after the event at my convince. What I want to see is Kaz Hirai burst from the Heavens and plant one in Phil Spencer. I want to see the Reggienator kick some Aisha Tyler arse. Yeah, sometimes it comes off as awkward and cringy, but other times it's funny or awesome. E3 2013 wasn't great just because of the Sony announcements, it was great because of the characters and the way they announced it.

Also, I hear stuff about "corporate, soulless businessmen". You do realise that most of the guys who go on-stage for the games are developers, right? They're not all going to be comfortable at speaking, so they might sometimes be as stiff as a stick or nervous and shaky.

e3 is nothing but companies appeasing their investors. its not about hyping customers anymore.
thats why so much stuff is announced all the time that you never hear from again after e3. games that are innovative but not mainstream.
they all just want to be seen as inventive and bringing something new, to keep shareholders happy.

they know the real games dont need to be announced formally, and we will all still buy them.
there is more hype from an arbitrary youtube trailer then e3 could ever bring about.

Preview's a bit derp because Dropbox can't preview the font.
a bit?!

that's a lot, bud

real talk
new rootin' tootin' red dead would be awesome

I'm never to interested in E3, do you think they might announce anything related to System Shock? I saw rumours about a remaster and a third game floating around a few months back.

System Shock 3 was confirmed a long time ago via an ARG. I'm not too sure about a system shock remastered edition but i do know some guy on Youtube was working on remaking system shock 2 in the unreal engine but i haven't heard anything from him in a while.

red dead redemption V: now with three main characters which you can switch between seamlessly

whoopsie daisy wrong thread
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 02:47:22 PM by Torin »

Nintendo have revealed more about their E3 plans.

June 8
  • The Legend of Zelda Twitter campaign for Miitomo in-app gifts: Miitomo users should check @NintendoAmerica on Twitter today for a special tweet kicking off a collaboration between the mobile app and the Legend of Zelda franchise. If the tweet gets a combined 10,000 retweets worldwide, Nintendo will issue a “Link’s new hair wig” as an in-app gift to all users of Nintendo’s Miitomo mobile app. If it gets 20,000 combined retweets, Nintendo will give all Miitomo users a “Link wig” in the Miitomoapp.

June 14
  • More of The Legend of Zelda in Miitomo: Miitomo will continue its celebration ofThe Legend of Zelda with a themed Miitomo Drop game that will give players the chance to win The Legend of Zelda-themed in-app gear for their Mii character. Players will also be able to use Miitomo coins in Miitomo to purchase The Legend of Zelda collaboration items. An additional The Legend of Zelda collaboration gift will be available on the My Nintendo website, and players can exchange their My Nintendo Platinum Points for this item.
  • Nintendo Treehouse: Live – Day 1: Nintendo’s kickoff to the E3 trade show begins at 9 a.m. PT, with an introduction by Nintendo of America President and COO Reggie Fils-Aime and the world’s first look at live gameplay of The Legend of Zeldagame for the Wii U console. Viewers can also catch the first live gameplay of thePokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon games. Watch Nintendo Treehouse: Live via Nintendo’s channels on YouTube and Twitch, as well as on http://e3.nintendo.com.
  • Nintendo eShop sale: Starting at 11 a.m. PT until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 21, Nintendo is offering discounts on some of its most popular games as a special treat for fans. My Nintendo members who are signed in will also get a special bonus if they buy select games included in the sale. Anyone who hasn’t signed up for My Nintendo yet is encouraged to do so now to avoid the E3 rush. To get the extra discount, My Nintendo members must link their Nintendo Account to their Nintendo Network ID and access Nintendo eShop on their device at least once before they make a purchase. The discounted games can be purchased in Nintendo eShop or at http://e3.nintendo.com. Details about the discounts can also be found at http://e3.nintendo.com.

June 15
  • Nintendo Treehouse: Live – Day 2: Starting at 10 a.m. PT, the Nintendo Treehouse: Live programming will showcase upcoming Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games, including Monster Hunter Generations from Capcom, Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. The day will start with a special Pokémon GO developer Q&A. Watch all of Nintendo’s action from the E3 show floor via Nintendo’s channels on YouTube and Twitch, as well as on http://e3.nintendo.com.