Yato, Dooter, and more- Massive Spam

Author Topic: Yato, Dooter, and more- Massive Spam  (Read 6877 times)

yoke gives all of his keys to dragonoidslayer, and dragonoidslayer was caught spamming recently, wasn't he?

yea but didn't he apologize?

He spammed a small amount on the server while I was there. Nothing serious at all. It was definitely not worth a perma mute. His spamming is most likely because of the absence of administration, which there is nothing I can do about that, because I can't tell the loving future. I dealed with him while I was on the server, and he refrained from spamming for the time being whilst I was on the server. Apparently he persisted once there was no administration. My punishments inflicted were valid and fitting for the situation being, but now that the situation has escalated, my punishment will escalate.
just ban them before the situation gets worse

yea but didn't he apologize?
that doesn't really make a difference.

also dragonoid has already forgeted  up and got a few of yoke's keys revoked. yoke is stupid af for giving his keys out, especially to dragonoid.

That ID is shared by Yoke and Dragonoidslayer, so it was most likely one of them.
yoke gives all of his keys to dragonoidslayer, and dragonoidslayer was caught spamming recently, wasn't he?
Yoke gave me his key like a year or two ago for the intent of me to host Yoke's servers under Yoke's name, as people enjoyed the servers(This was when Yoke was supposedly leaving blockland forever to focus on family / college / life). After about a month of me hosting under his name, his server died down and there was no use in hosting / using his key, as the server didn't get any players. Since then, I have not used his key. In addition, Yoke came back to blockland a while back, and therefore I had absolutely no use for his key, because he could host the servers he wanted. Conclusion: I stopped using Yoke's key to host after about a month of him leaving, and now that he is back, I have no use for his key, so it was him spamming. I am also Admin on the server, so why the forget would I spam on it?

also dragonoid has already forgeted  up and got a few of yoke's keys revoked. yoke is stupid af for giving his keys out, especially to dragonoid.
Yoke forgeted up by announcing that he gave his keys to me and Tetrehedron. If he had said nothing, there would be no issue. Although, I did not make the situation better by making that stupid ass 'rip yoke' topic. Basically, the outcome would probably not be affected, considering that there was already a pretty large argument on key sharing in yoke's topic(made by him (not me)) and the key would have been revoked with or without my topic, because he loving announced it.

The situation resolved itself within minutes of the drama being made. I apologized to the server.
just ban them before the situation gets worse
Are you telling me that I should loving ban anybody that does any minor spamming? It was literally nothing to ban over. I muted and kicked him, which made him stop for the time being. I can't tell the future or control what he'll do in the future.

remember when you went on his key to tezuni's because you got to be admin there

rop as forget

I am also Admin on the server, so why the forget would I spam on it?
well...

Are you telling me that I should loving ban anybody that does any minor spamming?

That is exactly what everyone is saying. Nearly everyone will ban people from their server if they spam, especially when they waited until admins were offline to do it.

You obviously can't take criticism or advice though so it's ultimately up to you if you want to give malicious handicaps a slap on the wrist if they attack your server

iirc, I did this within the first week and I realized that what I was doing was forgetin stupid, stopped, and apologized. Also, I intentionally did this on accident, because I was swapping names between the keys to make hosting easier, which it really didn't so I refrained from doing it after I realized that it could 'do some damage'. I also think that you talked to me directly about it, and we settled it.

rop as forget
rop?

well...
Gunny, the owner of the server, encouraged me to spam. Overall, the server's seriousness was very low(with / without me being there), and my spam was not that out of line, considering that admins on the server throw fake bans at each other fairly often. And, again. It was a one time thing, I apologized to the people on the server, and I had not done anything like it in the past or after the incident. This reply basically sums up my view on the situation / a situation very similar to it.

That is exactly what everyone is saying. Nearly everyone will ban people from their server if they spam, especially when they waited until admins were offline to do it.
Uhh. I'm not sure if you're misunderstanding the context, or what. Before this drama came, Yato did very very minor spamming. It was just enough to deserve a kick and a mute. He stopped spamming after I muted and kicked him. Had I know that he would continue to spam in the absence of an admin, I would have permad him. But I didn't know. With the presence of this drama and proof, I planned on permabanning him, but when I got to the server he was already perma'd.

Are you telling me that I should loving ban anybody that does any minor spamming? It was literally nothing to ban over. I muted and kicked him, which made him stop for the time being. I can't tell the future or control what he'll do
"literally nothing to ban him over."
Other then the spamming, yes.
Are you telling me that I should loving ban anybody that does any minor spamming?
Yes.
I can't tell the future or control what he'll do
so then just ban him to stop problems occuring
And, again. It was a one time thing,
yeah and so is spamming

"literally nothing to ban him over."
Other then the spamming, yes.
Yes.
I can't tell the future or control what he'll do
so then just ban him to stop problems occuring
And, again. It was a one time thing,
yeah and so is spamming
I think this is BS, because probably more than half of the server spammed at one point or another, and very few of them deserve a permaban. There's a difference between being a repeated problem user / spamming and doing something out of line. If I were to ban everybody that does minor spamming, more than 25% of everybody would be banned. I would pull up the chatlogs of the minor things Yato did, but I am on a different computer, and I won't be back on my other computer for like a week because I'm going on vacation tomorrow. Yes, punishment is meant to stop somebody from doing something, but when I muted / kicked Yato, I did stop him from spamming. If he'd continued, I would have banned him(which he obviously did continue, but he was already banned when I got on to ban him). I can bet that more than half of all players have spammed a few times, on their time on blockland, but (most of) the spam doesn't mean they should loving be perma'd.

because probably more than half of the server spammed at one point or another

Neither does this trivialize actual spamming and harassment of the other users, but it also detracts from the whole "I can't see the future" point. You have one guy who was spamming and trolling, and there's proof of it. The other admins have set precedent by permanently banning him. What's your issue?

You have one guy who was spamming and trolling, and there's proof of it. The other admins have set precedent by permanently banning him. What's your issue?
You are misunderstanding. The permaban at this point is completely justified. I am arguing over the justification over my punishments BEFORE THIS DRAMA. I am talking about what he did, and my punishments, prior to this, when he was not a blatant problem user. People are saying that I should have just permabanned him when he was doing minor things, which I don't agree with.. because they were very minor things. What he did after my punishments, and his minor spamming (This drama) is completely justified for a permaban.

You are misunderstanding. The permaban at this point is completely justified. I am arguing over the justification over my punishments BEFORE THIS DRAMA. I am talking about what he did, and my punishments, prior to this, when he was not a blatant problem user. People are saying that I should have just permabanned him when he was doing minor things, which I don't agree with.. because they were very minor things. What he did after my punishments, and his minor spamming (This drama) is completely justified for a permaban.

The point I'm making here is that you definitely should have banned the dude at first offense, that's what I was trying to say with the whole "Banning to set precedent"

If they're going to spam once, they're going to keep doing it if they get the chance. It was poor judgement on your call to give him a slap on the wrist over "Minor Spamming" because the concerns of them coming back and doing it again actually happened.

I don't get how you can say it's dumb to ban people over minor offenses when this literally shows that minor offenses of this nature will be repeated if they're given the chance. If anything, this should be solid proof that this mentality will harm the server

The point I'm making here is that you definitely should have banned the dude at first offense, that's what I was trying to say with the whole "Banning to set precedent"

If they're going to spam once, they're going to keep doing it if they get the chance. It was poor judgement on your call to give him a slap on the wrist over "Minor Spamming" because the concerns of them coming back and doing it again actually happened.

I don't get how you can say it's dumb to ban people over minor offenses when this literally shows that minor offenses of this nature will be repeated if they're given the chance. If anything, this should be solid proof that this mentality will harm the server
unfortunately the way whirlwind runs it is to just mute spammers. repeated offenses are perma mutes

he told me the only way to stop them from trolling/spamming is to take away the tool they're using which is the ability to chat in the first place.