[iEvent] Blockoworld 2016 -- BLOCK PARTY [FOR REAL THIS TIME WE SWEAR]

Author Topic: [iEvent] Blockoworld 2016 -- BLOCK PARTY [FOR REAL THIS TIME WE SWEAR]  (Read 13487 times)

My booth is done.

Well, in truth, it's been done for a while, but I decided that I'm probably not going to finish the other add-ons I intended to show off in time.

I have been in expectation of receiving a reply on the subject of my booth.
Is anybody there?
Does anybody care?

I have been in expectation of receiving a reply on the subject of my booth.
Is anybody there?
Does anybody care?
You're not alone. I am waiting for reply and I sent them a message asking them what is going on behind the scenes. I am still waiting for my Tower of Terror Preview booth.

bump.

the loser and i have been super busy for the last month, i'll explain why. the loser works at rite aid and works basically full time. for me my store (tj maxx + homegoods) is preparing for a remodel and i'm legit one of the only male employees (there's only 8 dudes that are technical employees, 10 if you count management) so i'm over there every night moving stuff around at night so they can clean the floors before the store gets ripped apart next week. work will slow down when i start school in two weeks, so i figured we'll push blockoworld for fall (september/october?).

it makes total sense because i noticed loads of people going out of town at this time of year. why bother to open blockoworld when the people who WANT to see it can't because they're not in town. this also gives us time to actually finish things properly and not rush it.

sorry for the inconveniences, but lets do this right.

wow big push back. but better to do Blockoworld right than rush a poor convention. this way we might get more booths too. keep us posted.

so satisfying to finish up the cleaning stuff today. just gotta figure out school and we're back on track :).

can i apply? whats the link?

can i apply? whats the link?

its in the OP, just PM me or The Loser.

Protip for anyone making a generic convention server:
Complete the build first and get some booth entries together before making an official announcement because most of the time these servers fail. It's happened time and time again over the past 7+ years.

Protip for anyone making a generic convention server:
Complete the build first and get some booth entries together before making an official announcement because most of the time these servers fail. It's happened time and time again over the past 7+ years.
This. And make sure you keep poking people who don't submit their booths otherwise they'll be stupid and not finish them, causing the entire thing to fail.

Poking people who don't submit their booths otherwise they'll be stupid and not finish them, causing the entire thing to fail.
People will have more motivation to complete their booths if the convention center is actually built. I signed my Falling Tiles server up for a couple of these and both times the host had little to no progress on the main build. Made me have no desire to work on my booth.