lets discuss the current state of the rap game

Author Topic: lets discuss the current state of the rap game  (Read 4949 times)

i listen to mostly old tech n9ne and hopsin

i listen to mostly old tech n9ne and hopsin
try out krizz kaliko and dizzy wright. dizzy is a little "smoother" than those two, but his work is heavily influenced by hopsin because they were apart of the same label (fv). also you might like the game, but idk
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 04:42:37 PM by RedGajin »

i cant stand hopsin
it seems like every song he puts out is just him complaining about something

RIP STEELO

also I think yachty's music is good. Honestly it's not too comparable to any other rap out there, he kinda makes his own genre of music. I wouldn't say it sucks, but I also wouldn't consider it 'rap' either.

also future is my god

This reminds me that N.W.A got into the RnR hall of fame recently.

"yup dop som dis muh richard mofugguh gah doop top bmmmmp bmmmp gah muhchicisum gannah"

I swear, stuffs almost dubstep

the mainstream is absolute garbage. i dont know if you guys have seen this years XXL freshman lineup, but its embarrasing. the only artist on there that puts out high quality music is anderson .paak. the freestyles were horrible (again, except for .paak). richardy tries to compensate for his lyrical inability with speed, kodak mumbles while looking like the most iced out crackhead to date, and desiigner loving snaps and sings like two lines. .paak is lightyears ahead of everyone else on there. denzel curry i think belongs on there because he has such a unique sound and got big by going out of the norm, but still he's not that great.

meanwhile youve got uzi, desiigner, yachty and kodak pushing out garbage (richardy doesnt even belong on there, he's the same quality as lil b). good rappers are getting slept on, while meanwhile washed up rappers like kanye are getting love (tlop did not deliver at all, that album was more of a statement than anything, cool project but save for a couple songs it was an overall disappointment).
https://youtu.be/H6iefP8lf3o?t=7m20s

"yup dop som dis muh richard mofugguh gah doop top bmmmmp bmmmp gah muhchicisum gannah"

I swear, stuffs almost dubstep
Whatever rap you listen to must suck serious richard lmao

https://youtu.be/H6iefP8lf3o?t=7m20s
u beat me to it brother

I dont listen to rap because most of it does suck serious duck

if i remember correctly sheep is like some white supremacist or something so don't even bother

I dont listen to rap because most of it does suck serious duck
Here's the thing: how would you ever know if rap sucks serious richard if you never listen to the good ones? See you pretty much established how much of a douche you are for going into a music thread and saying it all sucks when you don't actually listen to it.

I respect your opinion, but why are you posting here if you don't like rap? If you really want to garner that much attention, go create some alt-rock or whatever white music you listen to thread and rant there

if i remember correctly sheep is like some white supremacist or something so don't even bother
What is your problem? Stop bringing up stuff completely irrelevant

What is your problem? Stop bringing up stuff completely irrelevant
Its pretty relevant considering you went into a thread about music produced mostly by black people and instantly stuff on it

Who the forget cares if music is produced by a black composer