lets discuss the current state of the rap game

Author Topic: lets discuss the current state of the rap game  (Read 4954 times)

https://youtu.be/H6iefP8lf3o?t=7m20s
this isn't relevant because im talking about the up-and-coming rappers, specifically the xxl lineup (i just referred to them as the mainstream because they are part of it). i bump future/young thug/kendrick/drake/other mainstream artists
also I think yachty's music is good. Honestly it's not too comparable to any other rap out there, he kinda makes his own genre of music. I wouldn't say it sucks, but I also wouldn't consider it 'rap' either.
pretty sure its called "cloud rap" or something along those lines. imo they're just as good as any other soundcloud rapper

sure its called "cloud rap" or something along those lines. imo they're just as good as any other soundcloud rapper
everyone starts somewhere. those who are critical of other people's music are the ones that never make stuff in life

yachty lil uzi are the best rn

it's aesop rock, not the stuffty a$ap rocky.

I don't like anything revolving around:
-drugs
-love
-money
-boobs
-butts
-how large boobs or butts are
-gangs
-guns
-hookers
-crime/violence
-how stupid the police are

so that basically eliminates 95% of mainstream rap. At one point I bothered to check out upcoming rap artists but after the 100th time of it being the same stuff I listed above I just stopped caring. I remember one time a person linked me to a really cool rap song that was actually had a nice meaning along with it. Wish I could find more like that :(

almost everything produced by dj mustard is pretty much the same and it's complete ass
at least the stuff i hear on the radio is
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 08:04:01 PM by ßlöükfáce »

almost everything produced by dj mustard is pretty much the same and it's complete ass
mustahdondabeatho

-drugs
-love
-money
-boobs
-butts
-gangs
-guns
-hookers
-crime/violence
damn you hate every good thing life has to offer

yachty lil uzi are the best rn
the one sane person on this planet
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 08:05:49 PM by Path »

damn you hate every good thing life has to offer
I enjoy some things on that list. I just don't want to hear a song about how some random dude I don't know is rolling in 100 dollar bills while loving a prostitute with boobs the size of texas toting around his cases of Uzi firearms.

I enjoy some things on that list. I just don't want to hear a song about how some random dude I don't know is rolling in 100 dollar bills while loving a prostitute with boobs the size of texas toting around his cases of Uzi firearms.
lol thats fair

for me its the opposite. I love to hear rap about rolling up guap and eating pusillanimous individual etc etc but most of what i listen to is more centered around accomplishments and being popular

i just like stuff i can wild out to with my friends that make the neighbors hate us

-drugs
-love
-money
-boobs
-butts
-gangs
-guns
-hookers
-crime/violence

so that basically eliminates 95% of mainstream rap. At one point I bothered to check out upcoming rap artists but after the 100th time of it being the same stuff I listed above I just stopped caring. I remember one time a person linked me to a really cool rap song that was actually had a nice meaning along with it. Wish I could find more like that :(
This along with enough bass to ruin your speakers. I only don't like it because it's done ALL THE DAMN TIME so it lost it's spark completely with me

everyone starts somewhere
just watch, theyll be forgotten about within the next 3~ years. uzi will be stuck doing features on b-grade rappers tracks because he wont be able to produce any good content of his own

-drugs
-love
-money
-boobs
-butts
-gangs
-guns
-hookers
-crime/violence

This so much