Author Topic: Zealot & Maxx Derail a Steam Thread (Read pages 4-8! Juicy!)  (Read 11416 times)

I didn't have cheats--or cheat. Do not tell me I cheated.

lol.  okay:

I had Cheat Engine running in the background. Didn't affect the game, I don't even think it can affect a multiplayer server. If you're wondering why I had it, I use it to speed up travel time in games by binding the numpad to various speeds.

this is literally cheating

I had Cheat Engine which cannot modify a multiplayer game running in the background.

okay, and?

you still had cheats, regardless of whether they work or not its still cheats

I'd like a source on this info--especially because they do frequently remove VAC banned (even valid ones, as one friend received).

Also, you're a complete starfish.
Are you just stupid or are you really that deluded to think that Steam support is actually going to do anything ESPECIALLY for a VAC ban.

Did Lord Tony take over your account? You're being just as handicapped as him right now.

No, because you didn't even read the thread.
lol at ninja

lol.  okay:

this is literally cheating

okay, and?

you still had cheats, regardless of whether they work or not its still cheats
I mean, I have my phone, which I could use to cheat on a test. If my phone is in my pocket during a test, I guess I cheated? This is the connection you are trying to force.

Are you just stupid or are you really that deluded to think that Steam support is actually going to do anything ESPECIALLY for a VAC ban.

Did Lord Tony take over your account? You're being just as handicapped as him right now.
lol at ninja
Steam Support frequently unbans users. I had a close friend who was actually hacking in DayZ and still got unbanned.

I mean, I have my phone, which I could use to cheat on a test. If my phone is in my pocket during a test, I guess I cheated? This is the connection you are trying to force.

when the loving rules are strict to not have a phone on you and you get caught with it yeah they will very likely assume that you had it to cheat

myst has been trying years to get steam to remove a trade ban for scamming (which he didn't even do) even giving tons of evidence that he didn't do it. every time they give him the same "we have zero tolerance for scamming" response.

you have little to no chance to get steam to even give you a non-automated response.

when the loving rules are strict to not have a phone on you and you get caught with it yeah they will very likely assume that you had it to cheat
Which is why I never said my ban was invalid. But since Cheat Engine couldn't hack into an online server, I couldn't have cheated anyway. It would be liked if my phone was broken. I'm not asking to be unbanned from Chivalry, I'm wondering if I can get a status removed from my profile.

myst has been trying years to get steam to remove a trade ban for scamming (which he didn't even do) even giving tons of evidence that he didn't do it. every time they give him the same "we have zero tolerance for scamming" response.

you have little to no chance to get steam to even give you a non-automated response.
Steam Support is sadly a wall of bureaucracy. I think you can get lucky if email staff and developers directly however, rather than through the support feature.

how could you prove you didnt trade scam. steam's evidence is so . you cant really debate a trade log lol

Steam support HAS removed vac bans caused by cheat engine being run in the background before, and they probably will again.

You're literally arguing with stufflord about nonsense lol.
Only you can help yourself.

how could you prove you didnt trade scam. steam's evidence is so . you cant really debate a trade log lol
im not tell his whole story without him knowing but know that steam will trade ban every steam account under the same IP that the scammer was on

so if me and my 4 siblings were living in the same house and we all had steam, and my idiot brother decides to scam someone through a trade, it will trade ban all five of us.

So you had cheat engine running in the background and you got VAC banned because it detected it? Not gonna pass judgement but you're probably not going to be able to convince valve employees to remove the VAC ban. From what I've seen from multiple threads on reddit and steam's own forums, valve employees will always respond that they trust their automated VAC banning system more than your word and that the minute you admit that it wasn't technically a false positive then their decision is set in stone.

They have a really strict policy on cheating and to be completely honest, your story will not be compelling enough to have them remove the ban. Unfortunately there's not much you have to work with here, sorry dude.

So you had cheat engine running in the background and you got VAC banned because it detected it? Not gonna pass judgement but you're probably not going to be able to convince valve employees to remove the VAC ban. From what I've seen from multiple threads on reddit and steam's own forums, valve employees will always respond that they trust their automated VAC banning system more than your word and that the minute you admit that it wasn't technically a false positive then their decision is set in stone.

They have a really strict policy on cheating and to be completely honest, your story will not be compelling enough to have them remove the ban. Unfortunately there's not much you have to work with here, sorry dude.
Thanks, but I don't really care if it gets removed.
Except my VAC Ban was completely valid. Having 3rd party manipulation programs running does violate the ToS.
Source?
Though Star's post makes me hopeful.
Steam support HAS removed vac bans caused by cheat engine being run in the background before, and they probably will again.

I was really wondering if they could remove this:

from my profile. Often when I add new friends on Steam they immediately ask me about or, or users I don't know will accuse me of cheating in games because of it. Maybe if it told the story of why I was banned publicly that'd be okay, but since it seriously implies I was cheating, it bothers me.

My point being is that a lot of steam support people get really roostery when it comes to VAC bans and their usual canned response is "You're a cheater so we're not going to work with you on this"

Make a new steam account and re-buy a couple multiplayer titles you play most.

youd probably be better off posting this on r/steam if you havent already, people there tend to know more about their service