Author Topic: Zealot & Maxx Derail a Steam Thread (Read pages 4-8! Juicy!)  (Read 11394 times)

Originally posted elsewhere around the Internet, nobody answered.

A little less than 4 years ago I got VAC banned from Chivalry: Medieval Warfare because I had Cheat Engine running in the background. Didn't affect the game, I don't even think it can affect a multiplayer server. If you're wondering why I had it, I use it to speed up travel time in games by binding the numpad to various speeds.

Anyway, it sucked at the time but since it's only for Chivalry I don't really care. But what bothers me is this gaping "VAC BANNED 1000 DAYS AGO" sticker on my profile, almost like being on a love offender registry. I think it makes people think less of me, and since I have thousands of dollars of games that I can't move on this account and I've never been banned for anything else, that really bothers me. I'm wondering if there's any way to get that removed, or if Support will just send me that same automated message "WE CANNOT LIFT VAC BANS" (which is a lie because they do, frequently).

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Welp, thanks for all your help guys. It looks like Steam won't just remove the sticker as I'd like them to, but they could unban me and have done so to other users in my scenario. Sadly they probably won't read the message or check the logs and will most likely send me that automated message (which isn't true at all lol).
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 07:26:19 PM by McZealot »

honestly good luck on removing a vac ban.

valve rarely removes them because they're meant to be permanent.

honestly good luck on removing a vac ban.
Not what I asked.

you answered your own question

Not what I asked.
what i'm saying is
steam support can remove vac bans, but the chances of them doing it are the same as a meteor going through a basketball hoop.

what i'm saying is
steam support can remove vac bans, but the chances of them doing it are the same as a meteor going through a basketball hoop.
Okay, that still isn't what I asked.

I'm wondering if I can get that obnoxious [VAC BANNED] sticker taken off my profile, since I'm only banned from a game I played 5 years ago.

steam family sharing

Okay, that still isn't what I asked.

I'm wondering if I can get that obnoxious [VAC BANNED] sticker taken off my profile, since I'm only banned from a game I played 5 years ago.
yes

"WE CANNOT LIFT VAC BANS" (which is a lie because they do, frequently)

You already know they can and do remove VAC bans, which includes the sticker on the profile obviously.

You already know they can and do remove VAC bans, which includes the sticker on the profile obviously.
Except my VAC Ban was completely valid. Having 3rd party manipulation programs running does violate the ToS.

yes
Source?

Well my point is you know they can remove them from profiles since that's part of the unban process.
Nobody can tell you if they will for you, every case is different.  

You won't know until you try contacting them, making a case about how you're a big customer, and reaching out to 2nd or 3rd level support.  I.E. not generic steam support that will give you a copy paste response.

No, they will not remove your VAC ban and/or status on your profile.

Happy?

No, they will not remove your VAC ban and/or status on your profile.
Happy?
I'd like a source on this info--especially because they do frequently remove VAC banned (even valid ones, as one friend received).

Also, you're a complete starfish.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 01:51:57 PM by McZealot »

no you cant have cheats and then have the vac ban message removed 1000 days later

this is your fault, live with it

also before you pull that "you didnt read the thread" stuff on me i read the entire thing, its still no

no you cant have cheats and then have the vac ban message removed 1000 days later

I didn't have cheats--or cheat. Do not tell me I cheated. I had Cheat Engine which cannot modify a multiplayer game running in the background. And where did you get this information?

this is your fault, live with it
Do try not to be an starfish.