Author Topic: No Man's Sky could be delayed again.  (Read 2711 times)

The company concerned with the function is not stating that No Man's Sky used it. They are more curious as to if they did or didn't. Unless the game developers state that they have used this function without license, there should be no concern. Even then, patenting a mathematical function is a gray area unless it was patented specifically for the use of procedural generation, or something as specific.

"We don't want to stop the launch, but if the formula is used we'll need to have a talk." They have no idea if they even used the formula, calm down guys.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 06:49:59 PM by A.P.X. »

You can't take the sky from me...

I'm definitely interested in this game but I'm not dying to pre-order it. Public expectations are a little too hyped imo. The gameplay I've watched looks kind of bland. I'll get it if the reviews are positive but I don't think it's worth the risk until then.

I'm definitely interested in this game but I'm not dying to pre-order it. Public expectations are a little too hyped imo. The gameplay I've watched looks kind of bland. I'll get it if the reviews are positive but I don't think it's worth the risk until then.
It seems too ambitious. Shores of Hazeron and Dwarf Fortress attempted similar feats, and it took decades of work to develop them with way more cryptic graphical engines.