Author Topic: osu! megathread v4 - 1xmiss is life  (Read 17880 times)

Add me to op
https://osu.ppy.sh/u/4011239

I play mouse and keyboard, mostly just keyboard cause I main osu!mania like a scrub

incredible 461 pp play by the one and only

thread needs to live kthx

i ss'd somthing Xd

mayb il have 10 SS soon???
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 07:06:18 PM by Maui69 »

i should bump this before it dies

I recently started playing this. Getting into a flow state is really fun with osu

I just wish it wasn't so loving weaboo, I have a roommate and I don't want anime girls all over my screen

I recently started playing this. Getting into a flow state is really fun with osu

I just wish it wasn't so loving weaboo, I have a roommate and I don't want anime girls all over my screen
download a "minimal" skin and play only western songs

literally all eastern songs seem to have their background an unrelated anime girl with her butt showing out

Here's what you could do to fix that, in order of effort;

1. Turn your background dim to 100% (In the options menu)
2. Turn off combobursts (Also in the options menu)
3. Download a different skin (Plenty can be found here)
4. Manually edit your skin's files out-of-game (File path: user > AppData > Local > osu! > Skins > name of skin)

I'm available if you need any help

download a "minimal" skin and play only western songs

literally all eastern songs seem to have their background an unrelated anime girl with her butt showing out
There are lots of good eastern songs though ;(

Here's what you could do to fix that, in order of effort;

1. Turn your background dim to 100% (In the options menu)
2. Turn off combobursts (Also in the options menu)
3. Download a different skin (Plenty can be found here)
4. Manually edit your skin's files out-of-game (File path: user > AppData > Local > osu! > Skins > name of skin)

I'm available if you need any help
I've done the first three things, and if you do the last thing I think osu yells at you and you have trouble getting ranked or something. (With background dim to 100%, you can still see song thumbnails and their pictures in downtime during the song)

I've done the first three things, and if you do the last thing I think osu yells at you and you have trouble getting ranked or something. (With background dim to 100%, you can still see song thumbnails and their pictures in downtime during the song)

lol osu just says that it doesnt like it when you remove map bgs, but it doesnt outright prevent you from doing that
just open osu! > songs and do like *.png or *.jpg or whatever and delete all of them
ez anime girl removal
i dunno why its that big a deal tho there's not that many lewd bgs imo...

i dunno why its that big a deal tho there's not that many lewd bgs imo...

I think his (ultimamax) problem is just that he doesn't want anime girls on his screen, lewd or not, and I get that. Songs with lewd backgrounds go against the rules of beatmap submission, and can't be uploaded anyway.

(With background dim to 100%, you can still see song thumbnails and their pictures in downtime during the song)

There's a way to disable that somewhere in one of the files of the game, but I can't find the Reddit article about it.
Here's the subreddit if you want to look for it

There's a way to disable that somewhere in one of the files of the game, but I can't find the Reddit article about it.

yeah you can set the background dim to 200% in the config ini, which p much forces dim on downtimes
for thumbnails your only solution is to delete all the backgrounds from the song files tho

your only solution is to delete all the backgrounds from the song files tho

This is (kind of) what rrtyui does, he replaces the in-game backgrounds with his own grey background. Here's an example from one of his most famous, and one of the most well known plays of osu!.

we know who rrtyui is