PSA: Requesting more servers to be hosted with Complex Weapons

Author Topic: PSA: Requesting more servers to be hosted with Complex Weapons  (Read 5415 times)

i really want to host a sort of DayZ or WhatRemains server with this now asdfjkl;

its incredibly appropriate for those kinds of slow, long-range engagements and stuff, or careful movement and such.
if only nobot brought back WR.

Regardless of the mod's quality, you can't just request that people use your mod, that's just dishonourable

Well I just tried to use the weapons with GSF's backpack system and it broke

Not sure what happened... there were two magazines in the stack. First one didn't seem to work, second one was fine. Probably just a problem with stacking which can probably be easily disabled but I figured I'd bring it up anyway. I noticed some other issues, like the "used with" string being inaccurate (said colt 191 instead of colt 1911) and sometimes the magazines refilled themselves, but it's difficult to duplicate the glitch
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 06:28:38 AM by Rally »

Complex weapons only work in complex gamemodes, ie. Survival/zombies or gamemodes with slower players. The complexity makes it horrible for run n gun deathmatches or other non-realistic gamemodes that use simplicity as a selling point

I could see this being used in a Battle Royal like gamemode.

actually Port made a batle royal gamemode for this weapon pack
It's not"released" but you can readily download it since Port opensources most of his stuff anyway

https://github.com/portify/GameMode_Battle_Royale

Well I just tried to use the weapons with GSF's backpack system and it broke

Not sure what happened... there were two magazines in the stack. First one didn't seem to work, second one was fine. Probably just a problem with stacking which can probably be easily disabled but I figured I'd bring it up anyway. I noticed some other issues, like the "used with" string being inaccurate (said colt 191 instead of colt 1911) and sometimes the magazines refilled themselves, but it's difficult to duplicate the glitch

These weapons don't provide support for GSF's backpack system yet sadly. I might implement it at some point

actually Port made a batle royal gamemode for this weapon pack
It's not"released" but you can readily download it since Port opensources most of his stuff anyway

https://github.com/portify/GameMode_Battle_Royale

These weapons don't provide support for GSF's backpack system yet sadly. I might implement it at some point
yes please do add backpack support that would be golden

though iirc gsf is revamping the mod atm so you may want to hold off

Your mod would work perfectly with the backpack system. Managing magazines within the player switch-to inventory is somewhat disorganized but with the backpack it's actually a lot of fun (when it works lol)

If anyone is willing to model "skin packs", please send me a PM!

Currently requested skin packs are:
Modern weapons, WW2 weapons, WW1 weapons, Flintlock weapons

I'm willing to do all the code work for every weapon involved, so don't worry about that.

if you need i can bust out a set of models and animations real quick.

since i like this pack a lot and would like to see it used more im willing to do it for free and basically right away
but yeah, as others said, its mostly geared for survival play instead of normal pitched blockland battles. its not necessarily an issue but if weapons being realistic isnt a critical part of the gameplay style its detrimental to the game being played

id absolutely love seeing this implemented for a dayz like server.

you need to fix up the revolver and shotgun ammo system though since all the other ammo picks up on player touch except for shotgun and revolver

Ask Conan

PSA: Requesting More servers to be hosted with ROBLOX Skyboxes

PSA: Requesting More servers to be hosted with ROBLOX Skyboxes
At least those give nostalgia of playing bread factory tycoon by uberubert, now every server s a dating game/DM/Tycoon that begs for R$

i dont know why people are saying it works better with slow playertypes the only time i ever saw it had the pistol doing instakill headshots so dodging would be much appreciated unless that was edited

i dont know why people are saying it works better with slow playertypes the only time i ever saw it had the pistol doing instakill headshots so dodging would be much appreciated unless that was edited
When did people say that though?