RPGs Extended (RPGx) - Wiki Updated

Author Topic: RPGs Extended (RPGx) - Wiki Updated  (Read 37780 times)

Only brick and storage item inventories are saved during auto-saving, so you would need to enable the player persistence script. The only problem with persistence is that storage items in your player inventory (such as backpacks) may loose the connection to the relative inventory objects, causing their inventories to be reset the next time you host. I haven't tested this yet though so I'm not sure if that would be an issue, but if necessary I could add saving of player inventories later on.

I'm not sure if this was addressed already, but I don't know how to allow players to get more gold coins, so like if they kill a monster they get 10 gold coins or something. As of now I only know how to just give them 1.

Scratch the above, i found a way to do it myself. My next concern is actually about keeping my bag and the items in it. So I have it in my server that when you die, you respawn and load all your items back into your "q" menu including your bag, but I cant seem to actually open my bag, it only opens the "q" inventory. And if i were to throw that bag away and grab a new one, i no longer have any of my items in it from before.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 08:22:45 PM by YounqD »

Do the mine bricks still get put in the brickgroup of the player that's mining? That's not really a good idea, it makes them hard to clean up and the players can build on them and event them and stuff. I never figured out how to put them in their own brickgroup despite trying. (Well, I did. Except it kept putting each one in its own brickgroup  and there were group-less bricks or something stupid)

I'm not sure if this was addressed already, but I don't know how to allow players to get more gold coins, so like if they kill a monster they get 10 gold coins or something. As of now I only know how to just give them 1.

Scratch the above, i found a way to do it myself. My next concern is actually about keeping my bag and the items in it. So I have it in my server that when you die, you respawn and load all your items back into your "q" menu including your bag, but I cant seem to actually open my bag, it only opens the "q" inventory. And if i were to throw that bag away and grab a new one, i no longer have any of my items in it from before.
You might be able to make bots drop coins using the third party scripts included with the add-on. Also, the server automatically deletes the inventories of any backpacks or containers a player is carrying on death (to prevent issues with unused inventories when saved / loaded). I could included a backpack, similar to how they functioned in the Item Storage mod, in which they maintain their inventory.

Do the mine bricks still get put in the brickgroup of the player that's mining? That's not really a good idea, it makes them hard to clean up and the players can build on them and event them and stuff. I never figured out how to put them in their own brickgroup despite trying. (Well, I did. Except it kept putting each one in its own brickgroup  and there were group-less bricks or something stupid)
I believe that was fixed in the previous update; newly created mine bricks should be added to the same brickgroup as the previous one that was mined.

Update: Added new items and bricks! A well pump, well brick and faucet have been added for refilling water-based containers; a desk and table have been included for medieval RPGs; and a locker was added (inspired by Fallout) - a toolbox and safe are also planned. Slight improvements have also been made to some of the models.

Also, the server automatically deletes the inventories of any backpacks or containers a player is carrying on death (to prevent issues with unused inventories when saved / loaded). I could included a backpack, similar to how they functioned in the Item Storage mod, in which they maintain their inventory.

That would be perfect if you could make a bag like the one from the Item Storage mod.

Sorry for another request, but would it be possible to make RPGx work with the "Add item event"

So that if there inventory is full and they click a brick with the events of onActivate - player - additem - gold coin it goes into their bag?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 08:18:20 AM by YounqD »

That's alright, all requests are welcome. Also, I can try to add support for the add item event, although the RPGx_AddStack output event does exactly that. It will attempt to add a stack of items to a player's inventory (if "Player" is selected in the output parameters), or will add it to a backpack or container they are carrying if their inventory is full.

That's alright, all requests are welcome. Also, I can try to add support for the add item event, although the RPGx_AddStack output event does exactly that. It will attempt to add a stack of items to a player's inventory (if "Player" is selected in the output parameters), or will add it to a backpack or container they are carrying if their inventory is full.

Wow, i had no idea that's how that worked I feel stupid lol, well then scratch adding support for the event because that works just fine, even better actually.

If anything instead of support for the "add event mod" how about this one instead

Great, and sure, a random item event can be added. Would it need the item categories and rarity options? You can also use the RPGx_RandomInv and RPGx_SetLoot events to randomize an inventory if needed.

Great, and sure, a random item event can be added. Would it need the item categories and rarity options? You can also use the RPGx_RandomInv and RPGx_SetLoot events to randomize an inventory if needed.

Yeah the categories and rarity options would be perfect

Yeah the categories and rarity options would be perfect
Sure, I'll add it for the final release.

Update: Safes have been added, and a few brick / item models (like the gems) have been updated. Also, a Prospector's Pick has been included for the mining system, which will let you know what types of ores are closeby and how far away they are. Safes also have their own, unique passcode interfaces:

« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 01:33:47 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

Bump!

Due to recent requests, I may end up resuming work on this mod, and hopefully complete it in the near future. I'm currently working on another project with someone else right now: https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=311591.0 However, I'll still try to finish it or at least include new features soon.

i hope someone can make a really good server with this