RPGs Extended (RPGx) - Wiki Updated

Author Topic: RPGs Extended (RPGx) - Wiki Updated  (Read 37788 times)

Wait, hunger/thirst is out? And if so, how do I enable it?

Probably RPGx Prefs.

Also, could you put this on Blockland Glass, GSF?

the problem was that when someone used an item to open their inventory, it would force my inventory to open on my end, only with storage items, bricks seem to be a-ok, though it might've just been me, considering a lot of things are broken on my blockland client for no reason.
Someone else reported the same problem, but I haven't been able to recreate it on my end. If there's any more information that can be provided, it might help - such as the backpack used, if the problem doesn't occur when adding a backpack to your inventory while the inventory GUI is already open, etc.

Nice getting the hunger/thirst done!

Also, didn't you say that you'd have all the events from ItemStorage? I want to use this for my Army RP and Space Navy/Marine RP servers, but I don't like the idea of having a large dresser for storing laser SMGs...
Or you could make a couple more packs: one for modern stuff, and one for futuristic.

As for the door-locks, you could make it so that you click on a door with a [set] lock in your hand to apply it to the door. Or you could add a right-click on doors to open the lock inventory.
Probably RPGx Prefs.

Thanks =) I won't include all of the events from Item Storage, but a lot of them will be similar - you'll be able to add / remove stacks of items, randomize an inventory, check if a player has a stack of items, etc. Also, ideas for other storage brick are welcome; I'm thinking of having different types of bricks (i.e. medieval, modern, sci-fi, etc.), and then you can enable / disable the bricks you want to use for your server.

I haven't released the version with hunger / thirst just yet; it'll be included in the beta release.

However, if y'all want I can include an early beta release with all of the new stuff that was recently finished. Shops, some of the events, hunger / thirst, support for locking / unlocking doors and support for an ammo system (for now using the default bow and spear) are all basically done; I'll post another progress update soon.

it'd be fantastic if you could use crafting to make bricks that players could place down.

it'd be fantastic if you could use crafting to make bricks that players could place down.
yes pls
Seriously though, can anyone tell me how many datablocks this addon has?

Also, ideas for other storage brick are welcome
Weapon rack, Refridgerator, Freezer, Bookshelf, etc.

Also, we need a campfire for cooking meat. (And for campfire songs. And marshmallows! :D)

One more thing (for now): Please add item settings so we can make items carry water and set how many uses they have?

Please do include an early beta release. Plus maybe could you have a set of preferences where you can save presets of recipes

Also, we need a campfire for cooking meat. (And for campfire songs. And marshmallows! :D)

One more thing (for now): Please add item settings so we can make items carry water and set how many uses they have?
^ This is an amazing idea.

I wanted to initially, but forgot my password. :/ I wish they had an easy way to recover it, but I may also upload it to DropBox soon.

It's possible, the bricks could easily be modeled as items and set up to be hybrids - like the backpacks and containers. I'm not sure if I can include that in this version, but which bricks would y'all want to be supported with this feature?

yes pls
Seriously though, can anyone tell me how many datablocks this addon has?
I think the current Alpha has about 310 datablocks. This next update will increase it to about 340 or greater, but with the final release you'll be able to disable items / bricks you don't want to be added via a config file.

Those are good ideas. =) Allowing any item to carry water however is very difficult to do though.

Making progress on the next update!

Mining has been added and is almost done. You can use the Pick Axe tool to dig into stone bricks, and look for ore, gems or other objects (you can also set the percentage of how frequently ore and gems generate). Once mined, ore / gem bricks will drop their corresponding items, which you can then pick up. The rate at which you dig and the amount of items dropped from ore / gem bricks depends on your item's efficiency, which can be raised via the anvil. Oh yeah, and mining is infinite.

Shops have been included. Creating a shop is as easy as setting up the reference file (in the "config/server/RPGx_Alpha/Shops" folder), and loading the store via events (onActivate, onBotActivate, etc.). You can both buy and sell items from your inventory (the currency used are gold coin items). In the reference file, you can set up the shop's name, the shopkeepers starting money (auto-resets to be at least this value during each update tick), and how often certain items appear to be purchased / sold to the owner.

Countless input and output events have been added. The input events add support for: using any of the various tools on a brick, when a locked inventory is successfully picked, when a vehicle's inventory is accessed and for the various conditional output events. The output events allow you to: add / remove stacks of items to a player / brick inventory, randomize or clear an inventory, set up a store or loot brick, open or close a player's inventory GUI, to check if a player or brick has a certain stack of items, if a brick / player has a stack of items within a specific cell and to check if a player can accessed an inventory (i.e. if locked). Events also work with vehicle inventories, which are handled the same way as bricks.

Events for locking / unlocking doors has been included as well. If you have any of the 5 default door bricks enabled on your server, the add-on will automatically set them open to have their own inventories. You can then use any of the various events to prevent the doors from opening if locked and if a player doesn't have the right key, or even to open if the lock is successfully picked. A door's inventory can be set up to open when the door is activate, when a lock or lockpick item is used on it, etc.

New food items have been modeled and set up to be used with the hunger system; they will also be used in farming, when that feature is added. The food items can also be used when stacked in your player inventory. Various weapons have also been added (not finished yet) - they will most likely have different models for the unique material types included with the mod. Each weapon has a varying rate of attack and amount of damage it deals.

Hunger / Thirst are finished; both gradually decrease randomly over time. Your hunger level can be raised by eating any of the food items, and your thirst level can be raised by drinking water from a clay bowl, clay jug, silver cup or a flask - which can be refilled by using the item on a water brick.

A loot system is now working, which allows you to randomly load items into a brick's inventory, based on a specific item list the server can choose from. Loot is handled quite similar to the shop system - you can set up how frequently certain items are selected and the max stack amounts for items (stack values are also randomized). When a brick is defined as a loot brick, it'll randomize it's inventory periodically.

Third Party-Support Functions were added which allow mod developers to easily add ammo support to their add-ons, based on RPGx's storage system. The functions will allow you to check if a player has a certain stack of items, as well as add / remove stacks from their inventory. If you have the default bow or spear enabled, they will be modified by the add-on to use the ammo system (the bow will only fire if you have at least one arrow item, and the spear can be used in your inventory when stacked - each item in the stack gives you one use of the spear).
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 07:45:08 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

Is there support for items that just have a name, no datablock or any other data? I'd be interested in extending TotalRPG to automatically support this if that is the case. I'd probably even make it try to use a bunch of generic icons automatically to improve the experience.

Is there support for items that just have a name, no datablock or any other data? I'd be interested in extending TotalRPG to automatically support this if that is the case. I'd probably even make it try to use a bunch of generic icons automatically to improve the experience.
That would be great; I can add support for items with no uiname, but the add-on does rely on the datablock system.

I'm going to try to have the updated Alpha released tomorrow! It'll include all the features shown off in my last post (mining, shops, events, hunger, thirst and more).

Todays the day boi

Pay up

Todays the day boi

Pay up

From the timestamp I'm seeing he made that post two hours ago

Alright, the updated alpha has been released! Please read the updated OP as it includes information about the new features. Also, new options have been added to the Drafting Table server settings window, but a few remaining features haven't been added yet.