Author Topic: RPGs Extended (RPGx) - Wiki Updated  (Read 37759 times)

Apperently when people open their inventory via an item, such as a backpack, it opens other people's inventories (specifically mine, as the host) unsure if it happens to everyone though ill have to test further.
i'm also getting this issue

Hunger and Thirst are being added for the Beta! The scripts are basically done, all that's left to do is finish the items.

Thirst can be replenished by using a Clay Jug (which has 12 uses when filled), a Clay Bowl (5 uses), or a Silver Cup / Goblet (2 uses). These objects are treated like hybrid inventories, so you can plant them, pick them up and view the water level within them (as if they were another container). Their water levels can also be refilled by using them when in a water brick, when in the fx water plane or on a well brick (still needs to be modeled).

Apperently when people open their inventory via an item, such as a backpack, it opens other people's inventories (specifically mine, as the host) unsure if it happens to everyone though ill have to test further.
i'm also getting this issue
Not sure if anyone mentioned this, but the locksmith brick floats off the ground a bit.
I'll look into the backpack issue and see if I can find out what's causing that. Also the locksmith model offset should be easy to fix.

Can somebody reupload the mod to something other than mediafire?
I'll upload a mirror to Dropbox once I fix the issue with backpacks.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 07:19:20 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

would you be able to take the lock + lock pick feature and apply it to doors?

that would b the coolest thing

would you be able to take the lock + lock pick feature and apply it to doors?

that would b the coolest thing
I'm not sure how it would work exactly, but it's certainly possible - perhaps you could click on a door to open it's inventory (to add a lock), or activate it with a key / lockpick to try an open it.

yeah, ide imagine it would just be the lock icon, without any additional slots or anything

are you planning on creating a guide for some of the crafting?

it looks a little complex and confusing at first glance

It would be nice to be able to restrict players from being able to interact with certain items in their inventories, as guns that use ammo usually break when you switch their slot, or store them away. Not gud when ammo is rare and you need to find it yourself.

Ima try this mod out right away, but I might not be able to host zombie zurvival unless I know how many datablocks it has

Hunger and Thirst (for the upcoming beta) are basically done! The Server Settings window has also been modified to make it easier to read the various options.

I tested using the backpack between various players, but wasn't able to recreate the issue. The problem is that when another player opens their backpack, it only shows the host's backpack inventory instead of their own (when using the backpack item and not the brick)?

yeah, ide imagine it would just be the lock icon, without any additional slots or anything

are you planning on creating a guide for some of the crafting?

it looks a little complex and confusing at first glance
Yes, I created a wiki a few days ago and will be adding information to it over time, especially for crafting and forming. In short, you can using the Drafting Table GUI to list and edit recipes, which will be instantly applied to the server (just use the Reload / Delete buttons to manage existing recipes, and the Clear / Create buttons for creating new ones). To set up a custom recipe, all you have to do is click on a cell and choose the item and item amount for that particular cell.

It would be nice to be able to restrict players from being able to interact with certain items in their inventories, as guns that use ammo usually break when you switch their slot, or store them away. Not gud when ammo is rare and you need to find it yourself.
Which weapon add-on are you using?

Which weapon add-on are you using?
I've seen it happen with all weapon add-ons, given that you don't put the gun into the same slot if you store it into something.
Complex weapons (particularly frustrating when magazine management is pretty big), my own custom modification to Hells Khain so that it uses actual ammo, and a couple other random ones that save how much bullets you have in the clip when you store it away.

I can't seem to craft anything, even in-game items like gold nuggets-gold.

I can't seem to craft anything, even in-game items like gold nuggets-gold.
Make sure to download the most recent version that was posted, it includes a fix for crafting. You might also need to delete the "config/server/RPGx_Alpha" folder just to make sure any issues are fixed.

I've seen it happen with all weapon add-ons, given that you don't put the gun into the same slot if you store it into something.
Complex weapons (particularly frustrating when magazine management is pretty big), my own custom modification to Hells Khain so that it uses actual ammo, and a couple other random ones that save how much bullets you have in the clip when you store it away.
I could add support for a specific item field (like ".isRPGx_Static"), which would prevent players from moving those weapons via the GUI. Would that work?

I could add support for a specific item field (like ".isRPGx_Static"), which would prevent players from moving those weapons via the GUI. Would that work?
Unless you find some way to save a custom object's variables when you're moving it around, that's the only fix that I can see at the moment.
It wouldn't be too odd of a fix, and the ability to maybe set things to be static inside of the server menu would be nice as items such as large rifles would be odd to shove into a backpack. Only things like pistols would start getting a little odd.

the problem was that when someone used an item to open their inventory, it would force my inventory to open on my end, only with storage items, bricks seem to be a-ok, though it might've just been me, considering a lot of things are broken on my blockland client for no reason.

it's working now i think
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 07:44:54 AM by Warzone »

Nice getting the hunger/thirst done!

Also, didn't you say that you'd have all the events from ItemStorage? I want to use this for my Army RP and Space Navy/Marine RP servers, but I don't like the idea of having a large dresser for storing laser SMGs...
Or you could make a couple more packs: one for modern stuff, and one for futuristic.

As for the door-locks, you could make it so that you click on a door with a [set] lock in your hand to apply it to the door. Or you could add a right-click on doors to open the lock inventory.