RPGs Extended (RPGx) - Wiki Updated

Author Topic: RPGs Extended (RPGx) - Wiki Updated  (Read 37757 times)

You could also have locks visibly shown on containers if possible.

I noticed there is a farming option but no crop bricks

You could also have locks visibly shown on containers if possible.
That was another feature I wanted to implement; it is possible, but slightly complicated lol (or would require a lot more datablocks to be created).

I noticed there is a farming option but no crop bricks
Farming was going to be included (so you can grow the fruit and vegetable items already included in the mod), but that may have to wait until version 2. The scripts and items related to farming haven't been added as of yet.

Sorry for the long wait, but the Beta update has finally been released! A list of changes / new features are listed below; you can download the update in the second post of the first page. Enjoy!

ALICE Pack
The ALICE pack backpack has been added, as per request.

New Items
Various new items have been included, such as weapon parts, new blueprints and molds, various crafting / ore items, and more!

Trash Can and Cistern
Two new containers have been added, which will allow you to instantly delete unwanted items. (also by request).

Inventory Saving and Loading
Saving and loading of inventory items is now working! Vehicle inventories are also supported, as are physical items (and their rotation) in display cases and water levels in thirst-related items. Items can be saved periodically, automatically when the server shuts down and via the /RPGxSave server command.

New Bricks
Various new bricks have been modeled and included. These include new "furnaces" (the campfire and small furnace), steel crates, new displays (tool rack and shelf), and the crucible; the campfire, small furnace and crucible are not currently working.

Personal Crafting Windows
You can now toggle 4 different crafting windows that can be accessed simply by bringing up the inventory GUI. This way, you can craft items in your GUI without having to use a crafting table. The 4 different options include: a a 1x3 grid (for escapist gamemodes), 2x2 grid, a 3x3 grid and none. Recipes for these windows are exactly the same for the general crafting table, and are based on the top-right position of the 3x3 grid.

Static Item Support
Prevent certain items from being moved in the inventory GUI (i.e. to prevent breaking ammo mods). This option can be toggled for each item under Item Settings in the Drafting Table GUI.

Quotas
You can set limits for how many inventories a player can create, and in total for the server. This also applies to when using containers that can carry water. The "AddPlyrStack" third-party function also automatically takes quotas into account before adding stacks of items to players.

Config Files / Brick & Item Toggling
Configuration files have been included which allow you to disable unwanted items and bricks included with the RPGx mod. To use these files, just set the number before an object to "0" (without the quotes) to disable it, and to "1" to enable it. The config files can be found in config/server/RPGx_Beta/Settings/Config_Bricks.txt and config/server/RPGx_Beta/Settings/Config_Items.txt.

Updated .blb save file
-A new brick save file (entitled "RPGx Objects Array") has been included in the OP, and shows all of the bricks and items included with the mod.

Note: Accessing vehicle inventories may cause the server to crash (not sure why as it appears to be a random glitch). If necessary, you can disable vehicle inventory access under server settings in the drafting table GUI.

Note: Inventories for backpack / containers a player is carrying (while the player disconnects or the server shuts down) will be saved, but will never be reaccessed again (they will clutter the overall save cache). I'll try to address this in another update.

Other, Main Changes
  • Added final default recipes and server / item settings
  • Item modding GUI toggle option (removing the farming option)
  • Added new items that drop when mining ore
  • Tools are no longer used up when used in crafting recipes
  • Added third party support for default key items (so they function like keys included with RPGx, encase you want you use them instead)
  • Added GUI toggle option for allowing the bow and spear to use the built-in ammo support
  • Changed file / folder names from Alpha to Beta and updated the version number for Blockland Glass

Misc. Changes
  • Addressed issue in which some physical items are not removed when a display brick is destroyed
  • Fixed planting mine start room (i.e. only SAs can plant this br error)
  • Modified mine bricks so that - when mining - newly created bricks use the same client from the previous brick
  • Fixed updating crafting output preview if recipe doesn't match an existing reference recipe
  • Fixed closing hybrid item brick inventory for player who picked up the item (when planted inventory is being viewed my multiple players at the same time)
  • Players can now no longer pick up a planted hybrid item if they are carrying a similar item in their inventory
  • Fixed an issue with deleting general crafting recipes (shaped and shapeless)
  • Fixed quick-transferring items from planted backpacks and containers to the player inventory, or other backpacks / containers
  • Inventories are now automatically locked (if a lock item is present for the inventory) when added to the player's inventory from storage
  • Fixed not locking backpack / container inventories when swapping them with other unlocked backpack / containers
  • Fixed updating encumbrance when transferring / swapping items with a hybrid planted item
  • Fixed restriction when quick-transferring backpacks inside containers and certain containers inside of other containers
  • Sub-inventories within another inventory are not automatically deleted when a backpack or container item is deleted
  • Players can now no longer quick-transfer a backpack or container to their inventory if they are already carrying a similar item
  • Inventories should now load properly when attempting to swap a backpack / container with an item in a player's inventory while transferring a specific amount of items to that slot (defaults to swapping instead)
  • Encumbrance should now update correctly when stacking items from storage into a player's inventory, or into a backpack / container the player is carrying
  • Fixed not being able to pick a lock for the small chest
  • Removed the plant grow schedule option in the Drafting Table GUI (under "Schedules" category)
  • Fixed issue in which some items don't appear in the item list for recipe creation, and fixed sending string data across the network to drafting table GUI
  • Fixed issue in which selecting material items in drafting table GUI doesn't show preview image of item in selection menu
  • Encumbrance for all players now updates and takes into account when item weight values in the GUI are updated (via the Item Settings tab; modifications to the weight value for items will automatically reset to default within all inventories when updated)
  • Item weight values now fully support float values up to the hundredth position (swatch sizes and encumbrance text display in the GUI have been updated to account for this)
  • Fixed displaying item weight float values in the vehicle inventory GUI
  • Fixed removing a lock item in the GUI when picking a lock fails (for lock picks within the players inventory, or within a backpack / container
  • Auto-stacking should now work for vehicle inventories
  • Countless other fixes for the new features
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 07:53:57 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

great update, easily one of the best projects ive seen on bl

someone seriously needs to make a hardcore legend of zelda style RPG with this stuff. with modter it could look awesome. it's too good not to be used

This looks awesome.  I want to make something with this.

is there a server up with the beta running?

is there a server up with the beta running?
It's not really a thing you just run a server for, you'd have to create something around the system for it to work really

great update, easily one of the best projects ive seen on bl
someone seriously needs to make a hardcore legend of zelda style RPG with this stuff. with modter it could look awesome. it's too good not to be used
This looks awesome.  I want to make something with this.
Thanks guys =) I appreciate it.

It's not really a thing you just run a server for, you'd have to create something around the system for it to work really
I'm hoping some servers will also use it casually, even if just for the storage system alone.

Thanks guys =) I appreciate it.
I'm hoping some servers will also use it casually, even if just for the storage system alone.

with the god awful amount of datablocks it would be terribly inefficient to use this purely for item storage. id far prefer using the pre-rpg version if i just wanted storage

with the god awful amount of datablocks it would be terribly inefficient to use this purely for item storage. id far prefer using the pre-rpg version if i just wanted storage
With the recent beta update, I made sure to include config files, which will allow server hosts to disable unwanted bricks and items. This should help lower the datablock count considerably, especially if players prefer to just use the storage system.

Hey, I noticed the server updated to V0.4.0. What's new?

Is there some way that I can make any brick a storage through events like with the older version? Or am I stuck with the default bricks for the addon?

Is there some way that I can make any brick a storage through events like with the older version? Or am I stuck with the default bricks for the addon?
Same, I was wondering why we couldn't have an event to make other bricks storage bricks. Or am I just clueless and did not realize that there's already an event for this?