RPGs Extended (RPGx) - Wiki Updated

Author Topic: RPGs Extended (RPGx) - Wiki Updated  (Read 37366 times)

The drafting table "Items" tab is blank and I can't figure out how to add stuff D:
(or even what it's for, it seems to be settings for stacks and such?)

Really cool stuff man.
Thanks

The drafting table "Items" tab is blank and I can't figure out how to add stuff D:
(or even what it's for, it seems to be settings for stacks and such?)
The Items tab allows you to change settings for individual items, such as their stack limit, weight value, durability, etc.

To change item settings, first select the "Reload" button to list the items. Then, select the item you wish to modify and select the "Modify Selected" button, which will open another, smaller window. When you're finished updating the item's values in the popup window, click the "Change" button on the window to close it, and then the blue "Save" button to apply the changes.

Hope that helps! Once the next update is released I'll work on updating the wiki tutorial.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 11:53:47 AM by [GSF]Ghost »

Good Ol Ghost back at it again with the innovative add ons, keep it up

can you make tool slots for other crafting grids, like general and item? (Or are tools automatically not used up in the recipe?)
EDIT: and I want to give players tools. Can you either give the mining system its own ownership/BL_ID like the Props had, or at least make each new brick have the same ownership as the one just broken? I want to be able to clear mining system bricks as well, so I can easily reset the mine, but I can't, because some bricks aren't even visible or destructible. I can only tell they're even there because of the new duplicator telling me I've selected something in a cube of empty air.

EDIT #2: Do you care if I run a modded version of this on my server that uses BL_ID 999998 for all mining system blocks? (one off from one of the "reserved" ones, public is 888888 and AFAIK 999999 isn't used for anything but i'm not sure. Props uses 888999 or something like that, so I know anything over 888888 should be OK to use.)

Also, why'd you make it use the mining client's ID for new mining blocks? Why not the original block's owner's ID?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 08:45:40 AM by SuperSuit12 »

can you make tool slots for other crafting grids, like general and item? (Or are tools automatically not used up in the recipe?)
I can prevent tools from being used up in crafting recipes; that's actually a great idea.

EDIT: and I want to give players tools. Can you either give the mining system its own ownership/BL_ID like the Props had, or at least make each new brick have the same ownership as the one just broken? I want to be able to clear mining system bricks as well, so I can easily reset the mine, but I can't, because some bricks aren't even visible or destructible. I can only tell they're even there because of the new duplicator telling me I've selected something in a cube of empty air.

EDIT #2: Do you care if I run a modded version of this on my server that uses BL_ID 999998 for all mining system blocks? (one off from one of the "reserved" ones, public is 888888 and AFAIK 999999 isn't used for anything but i'm not sure. Props uses 888999 or something like that, so I know anything over 888888 should be OK to use.)

Also, why'd you make it use the mining client's ID for new mining blocks? Why not the original block's owner's ID?
I don't mind at all. Would it be better to make all mining bricks be public instead? If not, I'll just give new bricks the previous brick's ownership.

I also updated the mining system to use the original brick's owner ID.

I made an edited version of the addon for myself that used 999998 as the "mining bricks" group specifically, so it could be cleared without clearing public bricks. So probably just making it use the same brickgroup would be a good idea since that won't break my system and will allow public bricks if people want

is this still being actively developed?

is this still being actively developed?

I haven't been able to work on it lately, but I'll be releasing an update soon, which will include new features and some fixes. I'm hoping to have the next update released by sometime next week.

I'm going to be using this for my medieval RP.

Any chance for the item storage bricks to have a slight open animation?

If not I'll just add door opening sounds instead for pretend.

Any chance for the item storage bricks to have a slight open animation?

If not I'll just add door opening sounds instead for pretend.
I was planning on adding animations, sounds and particle effects (for the furnaces), but that may have to wait for a following update.

BTW, the Beta update is almost done! I'm just fixing some remaining issues with the trash can / cistern and encumbrance system. Config file support (for disabling unwanted bricks and items) and player / server quotas have also been included for the update.

Config file support (for disabling unwanted bricks and items)
woo

Is there any way for me to get the regular keys to work instead of the rpg keys?

Is there any way for me to get the regular keys to work instead of the rpg keys?
Yes, if you add the ".isRPGx_Key" field to the default (or any) key items, they will be supported by the RPGx mod. For instance: RedKeyItem.isRPGx_Key = true; I'll add support in the upcoming update to do this automatically for the default keys.