9 (15.5%)
legos
5 (8.6%)
maps/terrain with legos replacing random objects
8 (13.8%)
other (post! please do!)
8 (13.8%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Author Topic: supersuit goes mad and thinks he can make blockland 2 [maps & terrain vs legos?]  (Read 14396 times)

Hey, man, ignore the haters. I am developing a game myself. So hey, idc how long this takes, I just wish the best of luck for you. :)

Stop....please....just stop.

cool project.. but you aren't using t3d? you're just making more work for yourself in the end because youll have to a. write a implementation OF torque script into the new game if you want to retain the player base at all and b. You'll have to recreate with painstaking detail the stuff that we're used to, and on top of that, if you want most of our support, open source it. I'm not hating, but these are things you need to understand.

also, brick spawners? not the brick menu? come on man

cool project.. but you aren't using t3d? you're just making more work for yourself in the end because youll have to a. write a implementation OF torque script into the new game if you want to retain the player base at all and b. You'll have to recreate with painstaking detail the stuff that we're used to, and on top of that, if you want most of our support, open source it. I'm not hating, but these are things you need to understand.

Torkscript is old and slow, you obviously don't need to implement that thing in the new engine.

Torkscript is old and slow, you obviously don't need to implement that thing in the new engine.
Still, it's going to be a hard transition moving from torkscript to something like python or ruby. The simplistic nature of the language is what makes it so easy (and frustrating) to script, which allows beginner/moderate programmers like me to pick up this language from the basics and learn more and more. You just don't have that with other languages.

Hey, man, ignore the haters.
I forgot critics are haters

Still, it's going to be a hard transition moving from torkscript to something like python or ruby. The simplistic nature of the language is what makes it so easy (and frustrating) to script, which allows beginner/moderate programmers like me to pick up this language from the basics and learn more and more. You just don't have that with other languages.

I was thinking of something like lua or javascript. The second is actually pretty similar to what I'd consider "a better torkscript", as long as you don't write ugly code on purpose.

If you look only at the es6 examples here, doesn't it look much more powerful than ts? http://es6-features.org/
There are quite a few ugly or useless things too but I guess you don't have to use them
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 01:52:18 AM by Zeblote »

mhmjmkk
lets see where this will lead us mmhmhm (ant no)

I forgot critics are haters
you didn't really criticize anything, just pointed out flaws and potential issues. the comment's mostly directed towards those just laughing at him or saying "stop" which isn't constructive in any sense of the word.

I was thinking of something like lua or javascript. The second is actually pretty similar to what I'd consider "a better torkscript", as long as you don't write ugly code on purpose.

If you look only at the es6 examples here, doesn't it look much more powerful than ts? http://es6-features.org/
There are quite a few ugly or useless things too but I guess you don't have to use them
woah okay that is actually pretty cool except you have to define consts for variables n such