9 (15.5%)
legos
5 (8.6%)
maps/terrain with legos replacing random objects
8 (13.8%)
other (post! please do!)
8 (13.8%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Author Topic: supersuit goes mad and thinks he can make blockland 2 [maps & terrain vs legos?]  (Read 14330 times)

no they're saying to just post the pictures and stuff here, i mean ya already got a topic so why not

Just checked the Discord anyway.
Either I am missing something or none of the channels have any images at all anyway.

Dunno. It doesn't take much to join the Discord, it doesn't even require a verified email.
Dunno. It doesn't take much to post a photo on the forums than making people join your discord with no images anyways

Post images here or no progress made

here ya go, pretty much all I have

no seriously, there's not much to look at.

here ya go, pretty much all I have

no seriously, there's not much to look at.
ok then.

I can see badspot doing a bl2. But it wouldn't be torque.

But he would only do it if he felt there was a demand for a sandbox lego game
 We know there is, but at least 300k sales @30usd demand?
Is the effort worth It if the game bombs and sells 10k copies in first year.

Bl2 won't be testing waters slowely over years of versions again. It would have to go big right away. That's time investment developing.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 12:55:34 PM by Bisjac »

I can see badspot doing a bl2. But it wouldn't be torque.

But he would only do it if he felt there was a demand for a sandbox lego game
 We know there is, but at least 300k sales @30usd demand?
Is the effort worth It if the game bombs and sells 10k copies in first year.

Bl2 won't be testing waters slowely over years of versions again. It would have to go big right away. That's time investment developing.

Badspot isn't planning to make a sequel himself at all.

Badspot isn't planning to make a sequel himself at all.

Nor did i imply he would.
I already am aware of his feelings about it.

Then why exactly did you say you can see Badspot making Blockland 2?

Really, I think if it actually did almost all of what legos do (aside from the whole "I CANT GET THESE TWO TWO-BY-ONE PLATES UNSTUCK" thing) a good lego game would be really popular. Scrap Mechanic was popular, and if you've got powered axles, you can do stuff like in Scrap Mechanic. Lego Worlds was also popular. Plus, I'm making the basic building tool/method in a very VR-friendly way compared to blockland's shift-brick keys. I'll still have something akin to the shift brick keys as well if I can though :)

Bump: Did I mention I'm making my own engine now, and in C++? I need to mention that for the non-Discord people. I'm taking the time to make my own engine because I don't have to deal with engine restrictions. It'll take longer, but I'll have more power.

wOAH SUPERSUIT GOOD LUCK WITH THAT