Poll

Do you wear shoes when entering someone's house?

Yes
28 (37.8%)
No
46 (62.2%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Author Topic: Do you guys wear shoes when you enter someone's house?  (Read 2951 times)

no i loving despise the very sight of bare feet including my own, even in socks
can~ i~ show~ you~ my~ feet~ babe~ ? ? ?? ?

can~ i~ show~ you~ my~ feet~ babe~ ? ? ?? ?
no you smelly

Do you enjoy dirty carpets?
At my mom's house, there's no carpet in the house at all. At my dad's, the carpet is only upstairs in the bedrooms anyway. If someone did go upstairs, I guess it's be better for them to take it off, but it's not like we don't clean it.

i only wear shoes if i plan on leaving the house or not staying for a while (10+ minutes i guess)

also why
I don't know if its just me but I find it disrespectful to walk in someone's house with shoes on. It can ruin carpets and rugs, track unwanted mess in, and is kind of rude.

I don't know if its just me but I find it disrespectful to walk in someone's house with shoes on. It can ruin carpets and rugs, track unwanted mess in, and is kind of rude.
That's why, if anything, before you enter, you tap the toe-end of your shoes on the stairs or scrape the bottom on a welcome mat or whatever to clean out your shoes

If you decide to wear your shoes indoors, that is

i take my shoes off and set them aside regardless of who's home I am in.

i'd imagine it's more of a concern in the midwest or colder areas because you would/should always always take your shoes off if you've been in the snow and it just carries over throughout the whole year as common etiquette

That's why, if anything, before you enter, you tap the toe-end of your shoes on the stairs or scrape the bottom on a welcome mat or whatever to clean out your shoes

If you decide to wear your shoes indoors, that is
do you honestly think doing all that keeps shoes dirty-free

do you honestly think doing all that keeps shoes dirty-free
Not at all, it just gets rid of any new or loose bits of dirt that your shoes have gathered, better than just going right in with anything new your shoes picked up along the way

Kinda like how if you've been walking through snow, you do that to get the snow off your shoes, although they will be wet, so you should just take them off in that case, but getting snow off of them like that helps them and the floors be less wet

it depends. if i'm there for a quick visitation, i'll leave them on. if i'm there for some time i'll take them off, mostly because wearing shoes while lounging around is uncomfortable.

I've rarely been to a house in the uk where people don't take their shoes off.

im siding with ragequit on this one. forget feet

that being said, i have 4 pairs of shoes. one's formal, one's general purpose sneakers, one's yard work, and the last pair are these rly comfy sneakers i wear almost exclusively indoors except for when virginia has a stroke and gets a 40°C heatwave(102°F, fellow americans)

if im at someones house and they wear their shoes, i keep mine on unless they got all stuffty or something

otherwise i take my shoes off

removing my socks in any case is sacrilegious to me if we're talking outside my house