Xbox controller crashing when right motor vibrates

Author Topic: Xbox controller crashing when right motor vibrates  (Read 701 times)

Recently, when using my USB 360 controller, it crashes and reboots into Player 2 whenever it vibrates ingame. I used a vibration test program and it crashes whenever the right motor moves.

Anyone know a fix or had to deal with a similar problem?

I've had a similar problem but I fixed it by plugging in my Xbox 360 controller before I turn on my PC and using a different USB port than before. Maybe that'll help.

I'll try switching my external drive and the controller. I only have 2 3.0 ports.

Nope, still crashes.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 02:53:51 PM by Pastrey Crust »

This sounds like an issue where the controller is not getting enough power from the USB ports during vibration, but I could be wrong.

Have you tried to just disable vibration for the time being? Have you also checked every USB port on your PC?

Psycho Mantis must be loving around with you.

This sounds like an issue where the controller is not getting enough power from the USB ports during vibration
if this is the case, try using a usb port on the back of the mobo

It's already plugged into a port on the motherboard and the whole reason why I bought the controller in the first place was because of the vibrator.

the whole reason why I bought the controller in the first place was because of the vibrator.
am i reading this wrong or

am i reading this wrong or
he wanted to stimulate his pestar fish with the controller vibration

Here is Microsoft's customer support number: 1 (800) 642-7676
Here is a link to online support: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us

off topic but best boss battle in history and i've never even played a MGS game (shame on me)

prob some conductive material got on the circuit board and shorted something.

That's right! this is no trick, It is TRUE POWER! Now let me read your harddrive; I see you're a- OH GOD WHAT THE forget IS THAT A CAT GETTING- AGGH.

silly horny teenagers

im not shoving it up my ass