Author Topic: Roblox doing some friend stuff  (Read 8978 times)

huh i logged on but they didnt change my password, they only recommended me to do so?

They forced me to change my password a while ago.
Jesus, why do you have to force this down my throat?

my password hasnt been reset yet
odd

old accounts from 2006-2009 probably got their passwords reset because some friend managed to get into the gametest database which contained old usernames/passwords then started selling them

i had a similar experience with nexus, my account was tied to an old ISP e-mail and my account was deactivated because they detected hacking or smth, i couldn't get the message to reactivate it cus the e-mail account was gone, so i contacted support and they couldn't really help me. they asked for a drivers license and birth certificate but that wouldn't help anyway cus my real name was never on my account haha

think of it from their perspective though, they have no way to know who you really are. anyone could figure out your username and password and send an e-mail with a made up story about losing access to the only other means of verification. if they let people by with this kind of thing, your account would only ever be as secure as your password. if someone knows that, then you'd be forgeted. the entire point of e-mail verification is to add a second step to the process and make it more secure, because ideally your password is different for your e-mail. if you can't somehow link yourself to the account other than with the password, they have no way of knowing it's really you. this is the same predicament that badspot has been in with e-mail recovery problems. there's literally no way to know who's who unless you can match what they think is correct.

i went to go log on and i sent a email because the old one i have doesn't even exist and instead of even bothering to help me they just send me a email saying i can reset my password by pressing forgot password even though i stated i dont have a email.
 I can play roblox on my xbox just fine, it uses the same account but theres a problem on the computer only.  

EDIT: So i was being a dumbass and i remembered about my other email which is one i actually still have acess to but i dont use but it was being sent to that one, i just thought it was being sent to the email i used that didnt even exist.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 05:49:48 PM by Haywold »

that's what you get talking to a bot

ROBLOX should've been shut down five years ago

when this happened to me i thought something was actually wrong and changed my password

i had a similar experience with nexus, my account was tied to an old ISP e-mail and my account was deactivated because they detected hacking or smth, i couldn't get the message to reactivate it cus the e-mail account was gone, so i contacted support and they couldn't really help me. they asked for a drivers license and birth certificate but that wouldn't help anyway cus my real name was never on my account haha

think of it from their perspective though, they have no way to know who you really are. anyone could figure out your username and password and send an e-mail with a made up story about losing access to the only other means of verification. if they let people by with this kind of thing, your account would only ever be as secure as your password. if someone knows that, then you'd be forgeted. the entire point of e-mail verification is to add a second step to the process and make it more secure, because ideally your password is different for your e-mail. if you can't somehow link yourself to the account other than with the password, they have no way of knowing it's really you. this is the same predicament that badspot has been in with e-mail recovery problems. there's literally no way to know who's who unless you can match what they think is correct.
Only issue is that I am 85% sure that ROBLOX did this because they knew this type of stuff would happen so people would spend more money on their stuffty game.

ROBLOX rn

why the forget did you pay money for roblox

They forced me to change my password a while ago.
Jesus, why do you have to force this down my throat?
Same here. I don't understand why.

why the forget did you pay money for roblox
Probably because I was 12 at the time

Only issue is that I am 85% sure that ROBLOX did this because they knew this type of stuff would happen so people would spend more money on their stuffty game.
most reasonable companies would probably assume that deliberately inconveniencing your userbase would drive people away, not entice them to spend more bucks on their game only to have them swiped away once again. whether or not roblox is run by a reasonable company i suppose is up for debate tho so who knows

actually they had some kind of security breach recently I'm pretty sure, so thats why they reset everyone's passwords.