games that suck balls

Poll

have you wasted 100+ hours on a game you dont like

yes
yeah but i used to like it
not really, i just get bored
no
pick this option if you want to send foopster Squad for free on steam.

Author Topic: games that suck balls  (Read 4847 times)

arma 2 is better than 3, but no multiplayer. 500 hours wasted on arma 3. balance issues and bad AI are the reasons i've grown to hate it.

mighty n. 9

that one game that says "You're winner!"

There are games on my list with 100+ hours logged that I didn't like.

But I didn't waste 100+ hours on them. I have a tendency to leave games open even though I'm not playing them.

that one game that says "You're winner!"
big rigs over the road racing?

arma 2 is better than 3, but no multiplayer. 500 hours wasted on arma 3. balance issues and bad AI are the reasons i've grown to hate it.
i hear ya there. I love me some Arma, but it's really easy to get burnt out by how the devs operate. The devs go chasing far off features like underwater combat (a feature that nobody uses and has no reason to exist), but AI still can't cross bridges with any reliability. I'd love to see a good competitor for Arma to come by sometime, might force bohemia to step up their game.

Takedown Red Sabre. A friend of mine bought a 4 pack for a dollar, and got 4 extra copies for free. Me and seven friends load into the game and it's practically non-functional. It would have been much worse if I had backed the kickstarter, which promised something like an old Rainbow Six game.

MOBAs in general rub me the wrong way. The games themselves are good, but problems show up when you have to start relying on random teammates online. I only ever had fun in Dota 2 while playing in 5-stacks, and even then tempers would flair and it would fall apart. They are very addictive with a high skill ceiling, so I can see the appeal - it's just not for me.

Euro Truck Simulator 2. Bought this one on the recommendation of a friend. He said it was cathartic and a nice timewaster. I felt that it was more tedious and frustrating than anything else.

Any joke/meme game. Goat Simulator is the first one to come to mind. It's a stuffty joke first and a game second. Devs spending half an hour pushing out a wacky physics game and people actually buying it makes me feel like I'm in the twilight zone.

Wasteland 2 felt like it wanted to be a turn based tactical shooter, but forgot to add in the mechanics. Often I would move a pawn towards a wall, or a piece of junk that look like cover, but actually wasn't. The enemy AI was often completely suicidal, the skill system gives next to no information about what is and isn't important leading to misbuilt characters, XP progression is slow, I could probably go on.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 07:19:10 PM by Dreams_Of_Cheese »

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit
The cop side is at least A LITTLE less difficult. It's fun as the cop but once you get these loving stupid "rapid response" or "previews" which are basically road trips with a short af timer. Handling is loving awful on the keyboard, for every corner you always HAVE to drift. As a cop it's annoying but as a racer its loving horrible because you get overtaken by cheating AI. I couldn't get past the first race, because they give you a incompetent car against the others. You are in 1st place? Good, because seconds later a loving car you taken down SOMEHOW accelerates in front of you along with the other racers. Why? You forgot to drift a corner so you hit a brick wall of traffic. The traffic cars are moving bricks that go 20mph and if you hit it takes you to a stupid "watch your death" kind of thing. This is also the thing on the cop side where you take down someone.

Tl;dr: It's a god awful game and you should get something else.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 07:28:46 PM by Electrk. »

loving Pac Man World III. The game sucks ass. Its story is bad and doesn't fit in with the rest of the storyline nor the Pac Man World series.

Fallout IV also sucks. It's no longer and RPG, it's more of an FPS. I got bored of it in 13 hours or so.

loving Pac Man World III. The game sucks ass. Its story is bad and doesn't fit in with the rest of the storyline nor the Pac Man World series.
Well yes, Pac Man does indeed suck balls for a living