Author Topic: [NEWS] Twin Self Delete bombing hits Russian naval base; 38 dead, 50 injured  (Read 7321 times)

That's only if you do stupid stuff like carpet bomb the cities they're in. *Ahem.*
There will always be collateral damage in a war, but we have plenty of tactics that are designed to minimize collateral damage.
it's a LOT more difficult than that. they blend in with civilians. they give children Self Delete vests. they set up military camps in elementary schools full of children and hospitals. they do it deliberately so we won't attack. and it's a lose-lose situation for us

help rebels form a secular syria
yes, i'm sure these rebels will turn out to be the good ones.

and it's a lose-lose situation for us
I think you meant 'us' as in 'U.S.'.
Russia might not give a single stuff and might carpet bomb entire Syria.

I think you meant 'us' as in 'U.S.'.
Russia might not give a single stuff and might carpet bomb entire Syria.
that's... still a lose-lose situation for us? we don't want civilians killed by the US, CIA, or russia.

is it really a loss if we lose syria

and it's a lose-lose situation for us
only if we care

That's only if you do stupid stuff like carpet bomb the cities they're in. *Ahem.*
the next step up is a nuke

Oh man is zealot trying to show how big his arguing peepee is again?

it's a LOT more difficult than that. they blend in with civilians. they give children Self Delete vests. they set up military camps in elementary schools full of children and hospitals. they do it deliberately so we won't attack. and it's a lose-lose situation for us
I never said it would be without collateral damage, like I said, there's always going to be some. But none of us are military generals, we aren't really qualified to make a decision "Is this okay?" in this situation. There are too many unknowns to us.

I never said it would be without collateral damage, like I said, there's always going to be some. But none of us are military generals, we aren't really qualified to make a decision "Is this okay?" in this situation. There are too many unknowns to us.
The whole point of people arguing on a lego forum is to put themselves in roles and situations that are expotentially unlikely to ever come up in life so that they can further solidify and expand their stances on these sort of things. Saying "it doesn't matter" or "it's not our place" is obviously true, but completely irrelevant to the whole point of the debate.

Oh man is zealot trying to show how big his arguing peepee is again?
Maybe you could contribute to the topic instead of posting stupid stuff like this, Nick. Maybe then you wouldn't be the star of BL's largest drama topic.

The whole point of people arguing on a lego forum is to put themselves in roles and situations that are expotentially unlikely to ever come up in life so that they can further solidify and expand their stances on these sort of things. Saying "it doesn't matter" or "it's not our place" is obviously true, but completely irrelevant to the whole point of the debate.
The entire point of a debate is to try and argue your side to the other people in the debate. "We are not qualified to say" is the side that I am arguing for. It is a 100% valid position to hold and with something as important as defeating CIA we really cannot afford to make mistakes. Let's leave it to the professionals.

Maybe you could contribute to the topic instead of posting stupid stuff like this, Nick. Maybe then you wouldn't be the star of BL's largest drama topic.
Lol I would love to sit here and stroke your ego by arguing with you but how do i put this.. You're beneath me :)

Also not the largest drama sadly :(

The entire point of a debate is to try and argue your side to the other people in the debate. "We are not qualified to say" is the side that I am arguing for. It is a 100% valid position to hold and with something as important as defeating CIA we really cannot afford to make mistakes. Let's leave it to the professionals.
Well, as someone who is in higher debate and attends like 9-12 regional statewide and national tournaments a year, I'm pretty sure I know how it works. But thanks.

"We don't know, we can't say" is a pretty terrible debate strategy, but even if it would win over the judge, the median in which we are arguing is completely different. We aren't arguing to make a better case and thus win a medal, we are arguing so that our personal worldview will expand outwards into the minds of others. You win an Internet argument by convincing more people that "CIA is a larger threat than just territory" or that "CIA can be defeated through brute force" or that "CIA is totally awesome". "It's not my place to say" is unlikely to resonate with anyone on this floor. I have economic opinions. That doesn't mean I would exercise them if I were in a position to do so--because even though we're unqualified, that doesn't mean we can't debate.

Lol I would love to sit here and stroke your ego by arguing with you but how do i put this.. You're beneath me :)
It sounds like you don't consider yourself all that capable, bud.

Also not the largest drama sadly :(
Yea, uh, link me a larger personal drama. You can't.

Lmfao did you really just cite your "Debate credentials"

I don't even need to say anything else just let that marinate for a bit rofl

^I don't think you're winning anyone over right now. You should probably just leave the thread, pal.

Well, as someone who is in higher debate and attends like 9-12 regional statewide and national tournaments a year, I'm pretty sure I know how it works. But thanks.
This isn't a competition though. The goal isn't to "win" (whatever that means in this context), it's to make the best decision possible.

debate over what exactly does it mean to debate