[NEWS] local blocklander gets triggered by [NEWS] tag

Author Topic: [NEWS] local blocklander gets triggered by [NEWS] tag  (Read 6533 times)

problem: there are 14 stupid drama threads
solution: we need to complain about these drama threads in one drama thread
problem: there are 15 stupid drama threads

yeah this is becoming a real nuisance
we seriously don't need the [news] tag on anything
people who can see can differentiate non-news from news
there's no use for it and it's getting annoying
half the people who use the [news] tag don't even use it properly
do we tag other stuff with like [DIY], [STORY], [stuffPOST], etc?
no, we don't

https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=302613.0
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=302518.0
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=302520.0
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=302653.0

i know this is a trivial/dumb thing to get bootyblasted about but i felt i needed to voice my concern

why did you put "[NEWS]" in the title if you get annoyed by it

surely if this were an actual issue it would have been brought up in one of those threads, right? it's pointless, sure, but it's not like being specific about the title is a bad thing.

Just when I thought people ran out of trivial stuff to complain about.

why did you put "[NEWS]" in the title if you get annoyed by it
it's joke
surely if this were an actual issue it would have been brought up in one of those threads, right? it's pointless, sure, but it's not like being specific about the title is a bad thing.
i've seen a few people complain about the [NEWS] tag, mostly on news posts by lord tony

i've seen a few people complain about the [NEWS] tag, mostly on news posts by lord tony
well i don't think the main concern of annoyance would be the news tag, i'd think the main concern of annoyance would be that the news topic is created by tony

Jokes are funny
you're pretty funny
well i don't think the main concern of annoyance would be the news tag, i'd think the main concern of annoyance would be that the news topic is created by tony
that's part of the issue
non-news can be labeled as news randomly and therefore lessens the value of the news tag

we got along fine with knowing what was news and what wasn't before the existence of the [NEWS] tag
why is everyone using it suddenly?

that's part of the issue
non-news can be labeled as news randomly and therefore lessens the value of the news tag
noedit:
such as this topic
it's not news yet i labeled it as such

you're pretty funnythat's part of the issue

we got along fine with knowing what was news and what wasn't before the existence of the [NEWS] tag
why is everyone using it suddenly?
i personally only like it because sometimes i'm interested in news related topics, and it makes it easier for me to find them

maybe we could have a news section of the forum for like events in real time or historical events of news, that'd be cool

it's fine when someone like jairo makes a topic with it (because he posts actual news), but not when people like tony post it (because he never posts actual news but puts it on everything)

maybe we could have a news section of the forum for like events in real time or historical events of news, that'd be cool
this, i would love to see news/politics, music, and sports boards.
OT: yeah this is pretty pointless. what is there to be concerned about? if you're so upset about a tag that you need to make a topic about it then maybe you should reconsider your priorities.

it's fine when someone like jairo makes a topic with it (because he posts actual news), but not when people like tony post it (because he never posts actual news but puts it on everything)
that's why i propose that we stop using the [news] tag entirely
people here are smart enough to tell news from non-news
OT: yeah this is pretty pointless. what is there to be concerned about? if you're so upset about a tag that you need to make a topic about it then maybe you should reconsider your priorities.
drama is used for complaining about forum (and game) issues between other users and i did exactly that

drama is used for complaining about forum (and game) issues between other users and i did exactly that
while that's the purpose of drama, i'd imagine something more concerning would be better to make a topic over

which is what he was implying, and many others who posted here