Author Topic: Old School Weaponset Modified v6  (Read 15714 times)

Original Topic by Khain
I have been given permission to release these as a standalone add-on/update. This is the same modified pack I've made for my DeathMatch GameMode.

This is an amazing pack, but I felt coloring the weapons based on gameplay/attack style was odd, so I went ahead and changed most of the weapons' colors to what I felt would be most fitting. Some emitter colors were also changed.
If you dont like the color changes, set the pref $Pref::Server::OldSchoolWeapons::ColorfulColors to true and restart your server. You should get the good old colors that the original pack had, will all the other additions of this version.

I also went ahead and made The Resonte!'s icons brighter and grayscale to allow the game to recolor the icons nicely.

I've also made akimbo versions of their icons, and made a custom icon for the spy kit.

In addition to all that, I made some kill icons for the weapons, some of which are edits of default weapon kill icons or some custom made by taking images of the weapons.

I've also added some new weapons, including a single revolver and akimbo grenade launchers.

Some weapons have added recoil - by that I mean they push your player a bit, they don't screw with your screen to make you dizzy or anything.

The baseball bat has a new secondary attack, somewhat based on the butterfly knife. If you let go of the fire button without fully charging the baseball bat, it does a weak attack.

All items share the same datablock names and ui names as the originals, so everything should still be compatable. Though this does result in datablock names saying the weapon is red or something when it clearly isn't.

I've restored an unused script that adds a spy kit, but it has no unique model so it uses the brick placer model. Use it to enable the ability to cloak by crouching.
Non-blockheads cant use it. If you dont like the playertype restrictions, set the pref $Pref::Server::OldSchoolWeapons::UnlimitedSpyKit to true. This should let any playertype use the spy kit, but non-blockheads will be forcefully transformed into blockheads.

Download v6!

If you cannot access my website for whatever reason, please check the mirrors below:
View on Blockland Nexus

credits: khain and armageddon for making this amazing pack of oldschool/default styled weapons!
  gr8dayseth for a tiny fix to the crossbow.
  the resonte! for making some really nice icons which i based my modifications on.
  piber20 for the changes mentioned in the description above the download link.
  you're always free to use my stuff, but if you made an add-on that uses the default brick placer model, the spy kit icon i made can be easily used for your purposes!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 01:42:39 PM by Crispy_ »

Oh hell yeah, Downloading this later.

i'm not really sure on the colour changes, but everything else looks like some very good stuff!

raygun should have stayed red but i agree somewhat with the greyscale changes

props on the recoil and icons though that's definitely good.

so you made them look really boring sweet

i like these colors better tbh

don't really agree with the bow's or crossbow's color, they could both be a light brown
the mortar maybe could work in dark green
and the sniper could be a darker gray or even black

otherwise nice stuff

I also went ahead and made The Resonte!'s icons brighter and grayscale to allow the game to recolor the icons nicely.
that actually makes a lot of sense

don't really agree with the bow's or crossbow's color, they could both be a light brown
the mortar maybe could work in dark green
and the sniper could be a darker gray or even black

otherwise nice stuff

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. A bit too much gray, but a nice modification for the most part, especially on the icons

Alright I've took your suggestions and changed a few things around for v2.

- You can now restore the original colors by setting $Pref::Server::OldSchoolWeapons::ColorfulColors to true and restarting the server.
The new single revolver will be red, which can make it hard to differentate between the single and akimbo versions.

- Changed a few colors around based on most of gr8dayseth's suggestions.

- Restored the unused spy kit item from the original pack, the script existed but was never executed. The model is the brick model so it might not look too good, but it still works nicely.

lol the spy kit is a secret item meant for coders who peeked at the code. a lot of non-coders or inexperienced addon users will now have it, which is not an issue but just something to note

I hope I'm not exposing people to anything really bad by executing it in the addon. It doesnt look like it will have any negative effects though. Would be nice if it had a unique model (not having a model was probably why it was left as a "secret")

Maybe I could have it only be executed with a pref that is set to false by default.

lol the spy kit is a secret item meant for coders who peeked at the code. a lot of non-coders or inexperienced addon users will now have it, which is not an issue but just something to note
y tho
that seems kinda silly

also the colors are much better now thanks
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 01:46:05 PM by gr8dayseth »

its an easter egg dummies

bushido has a bunch of them in his own mods including quake type and t+t lol