Blockland Glass Hosting Service [Closing]

Author Topic: Blockland Glass Hosting Service [Closing]  (Read 54800 times)

Glass Hosting

I'm happy to announce the launch of Glass Hosting. We provide premium Blockland servers located on the US east coast, providing the best average connection to all players. We've built a web-based control panel to easily manage your server, and it just happens to be mobile friendly too.

[Click to enlarge]

[Click to enlarge]

Currently, we don't support steam users, but we intend to soon.

Capabilities

So far, we've hosted Crown's Jailbreak for a few weeks now, and with excellent uptime and connectivity. Servers are allocated a gigabyte of RAM which is more than enough to surpass Blockland's player limits.

Registration

We charge a flat $7/mo, almost none of which comes out as profit.

Visit the Glass Hosting Website, create an account, and head over to Subscriptions to get started. We're available for support at all times, and feel free to PM me with questions.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 10:35:12 PM by Scout31 »

the layout looks great, hope this lasts a long while

I'm planning on getting a server soon...

ok scout why are you releasing a hosting service when your main website is forgeted in a number of different ways. i personally don't trust this service at all considering all the unfinished/non-working stuff displayed proudly on your main site and all the easily fixed issues that plauge it.

oh stuff

also if you click on any of those statistics it'll lead to a 404 page https://blocklandglass.com/stats/usage.php
also you should make custom 404 pages
also your "Glass Development Topic" link at the bottom is outdated and should be updated to link to this add-on thread

also i can see this apache index stuff http://puu.sh/rtrpl/a5dd85bd95.png which nobody should be able to access
to fix this create a .htaccess file in your www directory and put this in it:
Code: [Select]
Options -Indexes
based off your github you already have Options -Indexes in there as well as the error document definitions, but none of them work. you should probably figure out what is breaking your .htaccess file because it seems to be completely broken right now
to expand on the image in that quote, i thought that the downloads statistic was working and 15k seems like a pretty special number. in hindsight, that stat isn't working at all and hasn't been for months as far as i can tell.

the build gallery isn't done at all and it's just sitting there. at least remove it from your website header.
screenshots don't seem to work based on user feedback. i would not know myself because i haven't uploaded any screenshots for my add-ons.
viewing the source code for add-ons is forgeted because it gives you what the reviewer would see instead of what a normal user should see. the review options at the bottom should be hidden and you should remove the randomly generated test comments. also make it so that when users click it doesn't tell them to make a comment. also also change the <title></title> to something like "Glass | View Source" instead of "Glass | Inspect Update"
when viewing the profile page of another user and clicking the "Find Add-Ons by this user" link it'll show you a forgetton of add-ons that user hasn't made.
when managing one of your add-ons the Update/Betas section don't show jack stuff. statistics and the author section as well don't display anything. atleast remove that from the add-on management page if they're broken/unfinished.
the boards section is unfinished but i honestly have no clue who you could get to finish that up so i'm not considering that to be as big as an issue compared to the rest

there's probably more issues that i haven't found yet

also i'm not sure if you've ever considered this as an issue but it would be nice to have a section on your main profile page that displays your add-ons that are currently in the review process
also link this hosting service on your main site in the header
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 06:14:03 PM by Gytyyhgfffff »

The website has issues because I've been devoting my time to the hosting service and the site was never finished in the first place. I've talked about this a few times already that I was putting off main development to fill the gap left by other hosting services closing. The hosting system operates entirely independently of the rest of Glass, only sharing a name. I'm switching back to main development now to fix a lot of the issues. I haven't turned a blind eye to them at all, just have been prioritizing this and making sure it's as refined as possible.

also could we see some more screenshots of the various tabs in the server control panel? you've only displayed 2 so far

Way to be dismissive Gytyy.
they aren't being dismissive these are things that have been left unfixed for atleast 4 months

they aren't being dismissive these are things that have been left unfixed for atleast 4 months
It's not dismissive, but it is irrelevant to this thread. That complaint should be in the Glass development topic.

It's not dismissive, but it is irrelevant to this thread. That complaint should be in the Glass development topic.

it seems pretty worrisome when you have issues like this floating around

So, in General Discussion Im able to talk as other players. I somehow was talking as Squidbee.

Edit: Yeah, this is really weird. It lets me join General Discussion but can't figure out my account since it isn't fully authenticated or something. So when I join, it places me wherever it can having me assume a random user already in GD. I can talk as them and send PMs as them, but I am not actually them.
This is shady as hell.

Can you please hard validate my account?

Yeah... It appears that whenever I launch Glass it does this.
What is most worrying is that I have full control over the account. I can see all their statistics and their friend lists. So far I haven't found any pattern as to which player I become.

I worry that any player with an ascii character in their name will be able to do this.

It's been no secret that I've been working on and prioritizing this for over a month and a half. Throwing a fit now accomplish nothing. The authentication bug has been resolved and the Glass site was never finished, which I've been clear about.

Please take any discussion you have about Glass itself to its topic. I'd like to keep this strictly about Glass Hosting, which has been developed entirely independently and with much more care and effort than the rest of Glass.

It's been no secret that I've been working on and prioritizing this for over a month and a half. Throwing a fit now accomplish nothing. The authentication bug has been resolved and the Glass site was never finished, which I've been clear about.

Please take any discussion you have about Glass itself to its topic. I'd like to keep this strictly about Glass Hosting, which has been developed entirely independently and with much more care and effort than the rest of Glass.
whether or not the development is independent as a developer your credibility also depends on the other things you work and, when there are massive security flaws then it makes your user base much less likely to trust you with things like their blockland key for hosting etc.

That "massive security flaw" took awhile to definitively replicate and the fix was merely adding a return; statement. It also didn't compromise any important information and was often actually a client bug just showing the wrong name, not the server handling auth incorrectly.