Author Topic: Blockland Glass Hosting Service [Closing]  (Read 57035 times)

I can add that a little later on, what kind of controls would you want limited? I can add a permission-based system.

Good progress with the panel update.

Really great, thank you for this

I can add that a little later on, what kind of controls would you want limited? I can add a permission-based system.
Options to:
Use FTP access
Start/Stop server
Console access (read / eval)

There's probably more but that's all I can think of at the moment

Is there any way for me to use the money I have on Paypal?

Hey guys I am back (let my subscription lapse because I thought it was auto-renew)

my offer of the server still stands, if anyone has a good gamemode idea or something they want to host I will buy a glass hosting server to help two people at once, so just let me know

I've started transitioning over to the new control panel, clients will notice some small layout changes. Both the old and new control panel systems are now running in parallel, with us1 (Crown and me) having being switched over. Just ironing out a few bugs and rounding out features before transitioning everyone over.

The migration will likely be staged, with one or two nodes per day. As a wrapper update is required, Blockland servers will have to be restarted during this process. I will send out emails leading up to a server upgrade notifying clients of downtime for their particular server. I'll try my best to aim for late night/early morning times and will avoid weekends.

Update roll-out has begun. The following is the tentative schedule (EST):

Node      Scheduled Update
us1completed
us2completed
us3completed
us45/30/2017 11:00pm
us55/30/2017 11:00pm
us65/30/2017 11:00pm
us75/31/2017 11:00pm
us8completed
us9completed
us105/31/2017 11:00pm
us115/31/2017 11:00pm
us125/31/2017 11:00pm
us135/31/2017 11:00pm

bold - updated
italic - next

The schedule is a bit jumbled because of special request and availability. I've decided to publish this publicly instead of directly to clients to notify players too. The update is being staged so that any issues can be dealt with as they arise instead of potentially taking the whole service down at once.

Previous updates have been done at leisure, with the servers silently updating themselves when not in use. This isn't an option this time as the update requires simultaneous changes on the site, node, and wrapper, so it must be carried out all at once.

The most immediate change that some clients may notice is DLL control. DLLs are now checked against a list of allowed hashes before Blockland is started, removing any file that doesn't fit. The DLL control panel shown above is not available yet, as it will be a premium feature. In the mean time, clients currently using DLLs will be fine (as long as they are permitted DLLs), however after premium accounts are available, only premium accounts will be permitted DLLs.

This isn't done as a money grab, the intention is not to take features away to ask for more. The service is not profitable, and I have decided to introduce premium accounts to merely break even. I hope that the introduction of new features and the revamping of old features is enough to warrant this and keep the service running.

The permitted DLLs are currently the following:
  • SelectiveGhosting.dll
  • AwsHook.dll
  • MoveHandler.dll
  • PlayerCollisionToggle.dll

I'll be happy to add others if I can be given a link to its source.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 11:13:48 PM by Scout31 »

This isn't done as a money grab, the intention is not to take features away to ask for more. The service is not profitable, and I have decided to introduce premium accounts to merely break even. I hope that the introduction of new features and the revamping of old features is enough to warrant this and keep the service running.
I'm glad you're doing this, the only reason BlockNet was able to break even was pretty much for this exact reason; premium feature servers had a higher profit margin which helped keep the price of regular servers low. Honestly I'd probably consider making the premium servers more like $12-$15, you might be able to put a lower price for non premium servers that way. People who have the money to pay for premium features then are helping out people who can't afford quite as much, opening the way to more people being able to afford hosting, resulting in more Blockland servers.

So.. Uh.. About payment methods..?

So.. Uh.. About payment methods..?
Get a paypal debit card or link your bank if you absolutely have to use paypal funds. In fact simply moving them to your own bank account is much safer anyways, paypal is notorious for freezing funds on accounts for little to no reason.

In-game console.

Available anywhere? Like in another server?

Available anywhere? Like in another server?
Seems like it.

28000 port range when?