Author Topic: Let's play: TA Spring  (Read 15886 times)

Hey stevey add all the stuff bellow to the front page to help the noobs a bit.

Here is a basic tech tree for ya guys.

Commander->lvl 1 Kbot lab, Vehicle plant, Aircraft plant, shipyard
Lvl 1->Kbot lab->Construction kbot->Lvl2 Kbot lab->Lvl 2 Construction kbot->Lvl 3 Mech gantry(builds most powerful units in the game(details bellow)
Core: Krogoth(MASSIVE firepower, can crush small units+tanks but walking over them, 133700 health),Juggernaut(has 400000 HP, very hard to stop, low firepower), karganiths(low firepower+health, all terrain),Rocket mech(fires huge volley of high power missiles, extremely low health, takes long time to build).

Arm: Bantha(1/2 health and firepower of krogoth,1/2 cost/build speed),Razorback(arm equivalent of karganith, not all terain, low firepower, good against infantry and lvl1 vehicles), Vanguard(all terrain heavy artillery, excellent for assaulting bases from long range).

Both arm and core have amphibious siege mechs(can travel underwater but are vulnerable to submarines, good for sneak attacks on maps with water)

Lvl 1->Vehicle plant->lvl 1 Construction V.->Lvl 2 Vehicle plant->Lvl 2 Construction V.->Advanced Fusion reactor(3x power of normal fusion reactor)

Lvl 1->Aircraft plant->lvl 1 Construction Aircraft->Lvl 2 Aircraft plant->Lvl 2 Construction aircraft->Seaplane platform(can only be built at sea, planes can land on water, more powerful then standard planes)

Lvl 1->Shipyard->Construction ship->Lvl 2 Shipyard->Lvl 2 Construction submarine->Seaplane platform (can only be built at sea, planes can land on water, more powerful then standard planes)

This is just for factories that can only be built by certain units. All lvl2 builder units can build the standard lvl 2 structures(exception of lvl 2 construction submarine which builds the underwater/surface equivalent of most lvl 2 ground buildings)

I'm in the BL chatroom if anyone wants to play. I can't host though.

I'm in the BL chatroom if anyone wants to play. I can't host though.
I can host.

Bump due to awesomeness :D

Just letting everyone know that I'm not using the TAS lobby as I installed Ubuntu(killing windows in the process... all my misc. data gone...) and it's too complicated for me to make it work in wine.
Virtualbox for the win.

This game is fun, iv been playing a few months. Spring name:Harm94(d'uh)

bump, somebody host ;(

Now that I have an awesome computer I can play the real game (AKA Supreme Commander). This free version (Spring) looks ugly compared to it. It also appears to be less optimized and the mod system is frustrating.

*opens TA Spring server viewer thing*
*Clicks to join a server*
*You don't have that mod, you need to download it here...*
*Pulls up webpage which no longer exists*
*asks around for help, finally go to the new site*
*downloads + installs*
*clicks to join same server*
*I am sorry, you don't have that m...*
*forget*

Now that I have an awesome computer I can play the real game (AKA Supreme Commander). This free version (Spring) looks ugly compared to it. It also appears to be less optimized and the mod system is frustrating.

*downloads + installs*
*forget*
1. SC is stuff
2. SC isn't the real game. TA is.
3.That mod thing where you download and it doesnt work, never happens. You just probably installed it wrong.

*downloads + installs*
*forget*
1. SC is stuff
2. SC isn't the real game. TA is.
3.That mod thing where you download and it doesnt work, never happens. You just probably installed it wrong.

SC is farther from sucking than TA can ever hope to achieve.

How is TA the real game? Chris Taylor made it! Spring was fan made.

As for installing it wrong, I followed what little instructions were available to the letter. If I did make a mistake, all I can see is that it wasn't an intuitive process.

Hey guess what: Chris Taylor also made Supreme commander!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supreme_commander
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 10:05:55 PM by Starcraftman »

Hey guess what: Chris Taylor also made Supreme commander!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supreme_commander

Thats what I was saying. I guess I should have worded it better.

My point was that Chris Taylor, the creator of the original retail TA game was the also the creator of SupCom (hence it is the true successor).

TA Spring on the other hand is a fan creation and as such it lacks the polish, insight and quality that a full, studio developed piece like SupCom has in abundance.