Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Revealed  (Read 30723 times)

the meowth with a guitar thing, there was even a trophy in melee of it

They're tech demos. Their existence means almost nothing when it comes to future releases.

Remember the GameCube tech demo reel at Space World? How many of those amounted to absolutely nothing?

but super mario 128 was a real game for a while until they said it'll never be released when the wii came out.

You realize they only made this because the wii-u failed, right?
i thought they were working on this console for years
like before wii u was a thing

128 was just 100s of marios running around like pikmin on a sphere like mario galaxy

but super mario 128 was a real game for a while until they said it'll never be released when the wii came out.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Mario_128

The first paragraph mentions how it was a tech demo demonstrating techniques all used in other games.

In other words, it was a tech demo, and was not actually going to be a game itself.


Mario galaxy 3 pls
Or a NEW 3D Mario game that is not Mario Galaxy.

Quote
On December 10, 2002, IGN reported that according to an interview in Japan's Weekly Playboy magazine Miyamoto had confirmed the continuing development of Super Mario 128.

Rumors later surfaced that Nintendo did not show Super Mario 128 at E3 2003 because the game was very innovative and Nintendo did not want other developers stealing the ideas from the game.[10] However, Miyamoto later confirmed in an interview with Nintendo Official Magazine UK that Super Mario 128 was still in development and that the development team had planned to take the Mario series in a new direction.[11]

In 2003, Nintendo's George Harrison stated in an interview with CNN Money that Super Mario 128 may not appear on GameCube at all.[12]

It was thought that Nintendo would unveil the title at E3 2004.[citation needed] Miyamoto again confirmed the existence of Super Mario 128 in an interview during February 2004, but the game failed to surface. Some believed this was due to the announcements of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and the Nintendo DS, both revealed at the 2004 show.[citation needed] GameSpy asked Miyamoto about the game after E3:

It's moving along secretly like a submarine under the water. When developing, we often look at the different hardware and run different experiments on it and try out different ideas. There have been a number of different experiment ideas that we have been running on the GameCube. There are some that we have run on DS, and there are other ideas, too. At this point I just don't know if we will see that game on one system or another. It is still hard for me to make that decision. I am the only director on that game right now. I have the programmers making different experiments, and when I see the results, we will make the final decision.

— Shigeru Miyamoto[13]
IGN later in the year got a similar response. Miyamoto again asserted Super Mario 128's experimental nature.[14]

At the GDC 2005, Nintendo's VP of Marketing, Reggie Fils-Aime, stated that Super Mario 128 would be shown at E3 2005. However, for the third year in a row, the game once again failed to surface during E3. During a GameSpot video interview at E3, Reggie Fils-Aime stated, "I can only show what Mr. Miyamoto gives me to show." When a reporter asked if it exists, he responded, "I've seen bits and pieces." In an interview with Miyamoto from 2005, a Wired News reporter confirmed that Super Mario 128 would not be produced for the GameCube, but rather that it had been definitively moved to the Wii (then code-named Revolution).[15]

In September 2005, Shigeru Miyamoto gave his least ambiguous comments regarding Super Mario 128. Questioned as to the status of the game by a Japanese radio station, he revealed that Mario would have a new character by his side and reiterated that the game would appear on the Wii with a different name. He mentioned that Super Mario 128 had played a large role in the conception of the Wii console (then known as Revolution), like Super Mario 64 had done for the Nintendo 64. He went as far to say that the Wii was based around "this new type of game".[16]

In an interview in the September 2006 issue of Nintendo Dream, Miyamoto answered some questions about Super Mario 64 2, stating that he had forgotten whether it had been prototyped for the 64DD, and that "it's become other games". When asked whether he meant that the demo's gameplay functions are being used in other titles, Miyamoto responded, "From the time that we were originally making Mario 64, Mario and Luigi were moving together. But we couldn't get it working in the form of a game", echoing his statements from 1999. He also hinted that some elements of Super Mario 128, such as running upon a spherical surface, had been incorporated into Super Mario Galaxy.[17]

On March 8, 2007, Miyamoto delivered the GDC 2007 keynote speech. He mentioned that Super Mario 128 was merely a demonstration to illustrate the power of the GameCube and restated that several techniques from Super Mario 128 had become foundational gameplay concepts of the Pikmin series and the upcoming Super Mario Galaxy series.[18][19][20]


Quote
On March 8, 2007, Miyamoto delivered the GDC 2007 keynote speech. He mentioned that Super Mario 128 was merely a demonstration to illustrate the power of the GameCube and restated that several techniques from Super Mario 128 had become foundational gameplay concepts of the Pikmin series and the upcoming Super Mario Galaxy series.
They're tech demos.

Speaking of Mario I'm really curious about the one on the switch trailer, it has Mario 64 jump moves and even that spinning heart.

Speaking of Mario I'm really curious about the one on the switch trailer, it has Mario 64 jump moves and even that spinning heart.
As said before, it could just be a tech demo, it does look pretty empty and bland

But that doesn't mean it can't one day become something, so there is hope for a successor

I watched the trailer like 20 times now. If this thing does well at launch, it's an instant buy from me. Already saving up money.

I'm pretty sure the only thing in that video that's confirmed for release is Zelda. The rest could really just be footage made just to make the switch reveal not just Zelda.

You realize they only made this because the wii-u failed, right?
?
nintendo comes out with a new console roughly every 4-6 years. this is a continuation of the trend.

new pic of switch lookin great