Author Topic: Multiplayer games that need more players!  (Read 3607 times)

It's got plenty of players, but a mobile RPG called Unison League (App Store link) is your traditional free RPG with boobs and impractical weapons. I've been hooked on it for a year or so mainly because of its simplicity allowing me to play basically whenever and stop whenever.

Empiresmod

Play as the Northern Faction or the Brenodi Empire. This is a FPS/RTS hybrid game. One player plays as the commander and is playing the RTS portion while the remaining soldiers are playing the FPS portion.

The game features a class system and a very detailed vehicle customization menu allowing you to select what weapons,armor and engines you want.

It is also free.

Barotrauma.

Everyone is part of the crew in a submarine underwater in the seas of the new inhabited planet and they have to accomplish some sort of mission each time - transfering cargo to the destination, shooting down a monster and then going to the destination, or carrying an artifact from an underwater alien base then going to the destination.

Heavily inspired by Space Station 13.

Max per 'match' can be 16, 1-2 servers usually available (including an unofficial 24/7 server) and average 6-ish players online. Bots only available in singleplayer, spawnable in multiplayer but they can't get ordered there. Bots' intelligence is so-and-so and gets orders to do various jobs on the ship.

I used to host a server daily for that game, the free to play aspect just draws in stuffters and russians (who are almost always stuffters), and at one point some polish guy who would DDOS anyone that didn't let him grief. It's a shame, there were nice people but banning someone every 10 minuites and trying to figure out who blew up the generator for the 100th time today wasn't fun

I used to host a server daily for that game, the free to play aspect just draws in stuffters and russians (who are almost always stuffters),

I heard Russians flooded this game because a Space Station 13 host did a Let's Play on this.

The game's getting better now and an update was finally released - includes physics fix, super smooth swimming and submarine-to-submarine combat (though I haven't experienced the last one yet)

There was a massive influx of new people (as in about 20 extra people a day) when someone posted a youtube video of it, he had like 1k subscribers or something. I'm pretty sure it was mostly because it was a free to play game.

Battlefield Bad Company 2(PC)
Super Monday Night Combat

Planetside 2.

Not dead, but it would be nice to have bigger fights.

tribes: ascend

and also p much any other tribes game

Ace of Spades retail.
ya but thats just because the original is superior

oh yeah classic ace of spades / build and shoot / openspades too

« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 12:06:57 PM by SuperJumpman »