Blockland Campaign: The Gold Brick (Gamemode World 1 Released!)

Author Topic: Blockland Campaign: The Gold Brick (Gamemode World 1 Released!)  (Read 19746 times)

People in the past have joked about a Blockland Campaign or Adventure Mode. I'd like to make these jokes into a reality.

Blockland Campaign: The Gold Brick, is going to be a single player / co-op campaign. It will contain many references to Blockland and its community. Work has already begun:

The Story:

I'm going to be putting the story so far on page 5. The one on page three is outdated.

How can I help?

What I most need are references to the game. I'd like to include as many references to players, event, add ons, etc... I already have some things in mind including the Gold Brick, Badspot, Kompressor, TBM, Ephi, V21, etc...

I could also use people to act as bots in the final game. You could be a simple one or two line bot, or you could have a whole area dedicated to you and some quest. Please give a suggestion as to your role, lines, and a picture of yourself if possible.

If you feel you're good at building in the style depicted in the screenshots, I could use help on that, as well.

Finished World 1 of the Campaign! There are 8 areas, offering about 20 minutes of playtime, more or less depending on how thorough you are.

Download World 1

-Default Add-ons
-Modter pack
-Siba's Modter Pack
-BlackDragon's Brickpack
-Pole Bricks
-Zone Bricks
-Zone Events
-Variable Events
-Item Saving
-Trueno's Colorset
-Boss Players
-VHP Players
-Setplayertransform Event

To play, simply load up the build, start a minigame, disable painting, wrenching, building, fall damage, and brick damage. Remove all tools, do a /clearbots, and you're good to start.

Tell me what you think, and please report any errors!

Don't do that whole process, play the great gamemode by Superstarxalien169 of World 1 instead!
Campaign Gamemode

Gonna begin work on World 2, Pirate World, right now. Gonna need more npcs there, please! Thanks to everyone who has helped out and gave support!

« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 10:26:18 AM by Blockhead31735 »

(re)birth death of rtb

everyone is rotondo

block parties

Blockland, that game where you build stuff? And then it's a creepy world with bl history and trolls. Idk could be funny and weird, and...creepy.

Why not just mimic minecraft's survival mode. Only difference is it doesnt matter what the bricks are, only their shapes. (Also no crafting :/)

(re)birth death of rtb
everyone is rotondo

Gonna try to incorporate both of those, thanks!

Why not just mimic minecraft's survival mode. Only difference is it doesnt matter what the bricks are, only their shapes. (Also no crafting :/)

Not really sure what you mean, going to be making a single / few player campaign like game, not survival / collect resources type thing if that's what you mean..

Work has started on story and some builds, pics to come in a bit! More suggestions still welcome as well, thanks!

Gonna try to incorporate both of those, thanks!

Not really sure what you mean, going to be making a single / few player campaign like game, not survival / collect resources type thing if that's what you mean...

Well we have an environment feature that has a daylight cycle, can cause it to rain, and snow, (Although I would prefer it if when you changed these settings the environment would transition and not just hard switch, but that would be a fix badspot would have to make.). We have add-ons that can set default minigames, and we have addons that create zombies and other enemies. We could implement something where if you broke a brick, it would drop a brick item, that you could pick up and instead of going into your items, you have an Items inventory (the build inventory), that specifies how many of a given brick you have. You can recolor them without anything else , but you can't change the bricks shape.

u mean blockland adventure mode

blockland presidential campaign

someone now needs to make a forum game where the BLF is the president and it's actually realistic and we just see how many ways we can cause WWIII because that's what'd happen right off the bat

Blockland button pressing simulator 2016 platinum GOTY limited edition.

Blockland button pressing simulator 2016 platinum GOTY limited edition.

Maybe..

OT:
Work has began on the campaign. Still in need of more suggestions for plots, events, references to Blockland, etc. Thanks!

+ More things I either can't show yet or are just not worth showing. Been trying to build in classic Block Party style so far, if anyone that's good like that is interested in helping, I'd really appreciate it.

i thought this was a joke but that actually looks pretty nice

it looks nice except for that last image
wtf is going on there

i thought this was a joke but that actually looks pretty nice

:)

it looks nice except for that last image
wtf is going on there

Honestly not quite sure, not even sure if I'll use it. I'm hoping that when I combine it with some terrain it'll look better, but for now, yea..

OT:

Finished another 'area.' So far have two done, plan to have 5-10 per different 'world.'

Along with suggestions for plot and other things, I could also use people to either just make cameos as bots and have a line or two, or to have like a side quest go along with them / whatever.
If you'd like either a cameo or a role as a bot (task-guy, enemy, whatever) please post your name, what your lines and role should be if you have them, and your avatar if you can. I'll try to get as many unique ones in as possible, thank you!