The Animal Crossing Megathread V3 - Welcome Amiibo update for new leaf

Author Topic: The Animal Crossing Megathread V3 - Welcome Amiibo update for new leaf  (Read 3619 times)

V3
"Give Slepp your bones" -Bones the Dog 3:14

Animal Crossing is a series of games in which the player takes the role of a human player moving into a town populated by people-like animals. Game play is extremely laid back and consists of doing various activities around town, such as fishing, conversing with the other town residents, and gathering fruit. There are no set goals, though your neighbors may give you small tasks to complete upon speaking with them, which are often met with rewards in the form of customization items. Selling spare items and objects you find around town give you money to purchase new clothes, furniture, accessories, and more. Certain items, primarily clothing, can also be designed by the player. Players can visit each others towns over wireless and wi-fi to socialize, trade items, and explore. Animal Crossing games run in real time, which means different things happen at different times on different days during different parts of the year.

Series Creator Katsuya Eguchi moved far from his hometown to work at Nintendo. He began to think of his family and friends that he left behind and he built Animal Crossing around that ideal.

Dōbutsu no Mori (Animal Forest) was released on April 14, 2001 in Japan only, and is the first edition of the Animal Crossing series. It was to originally be released on the N64 disk drive with the intentions of using its internal clock, but since the disk drive was a commercial failure, it was scrapped. It was instead released as a cartridge. This had very notable differences including no Able Sisters, Kapp'n, Blathers, or Mayor Tortimer, there was not a second floor/basement expansion, only one song could be in a radio, instead of an on screen keyboard to type in messages it was a dial, etc.
Dōbutsu no Mori+ (Animal Forest+) was released on December 14, 2001, and is a remade version of the previous version released on the GameCube, and it takes advantage of the GameCube's built in clock. Previously mentioned differences were implemented into the game.
Animal Crossing: Population: Growing! was released in the US on September 15, 2002, which is a port of the remade version of the original on the GameCube! Kinda confusing, but not really. This port included several updates, a few were cultural differences updates, but mainly the content pumped into the game was vastly larger than the remake. Nintendo of Japan was so impressed with the results of the translation done by Nintendo of America's Tree house division that they translated Nintendo of America's version back into Japanese and released it as Dōbutsu no Mori e+. on June 27, 2003
Animal Crossing: Wild World is the first handheld Animal Crossing game released on the DS in November 23, 2005 for Japan and December 5, 2005 for the US. Wild World was also the first Animal Crossing to feature online play (The older games allowed players to visit other people's towns via Memory Cards, but it was still single-player) and also featured hairstyles and hats. Instead of acres, the game was turned into a "rolling log" visual style which every newer game continues to use. New characters such as Harriet the barber, Brewster the... brewster, and Celeste the observatory owl were added into the game. Slingshots and watering cans were introduced as well, along with many other features.
Animal Crossing: City Folk was released on the Wii in November 20, 2008 in Japan and November 16, 2008. The game featured a city shopping center that players may visit. However this game is notably known to have the least features included into the games.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf/welcome amiibo is the latest edition of the series released on the 3DS in November 12, 2012 in Japan and June 9, 2013 in the US. The player can now take on the town as a mayor since Tortimer had retired to a faraway island that you can visit to play mini games with others (as apparently the true mayor of the town was late to the scene), and you are able to set up projects and ordinances in the town. The city feature was moved closer to the town, known as the Main Street, where new shops and buildings can pop up thanks to the mayor. New Villager types were introduced, housing exteriors could be changed, designs could be shared via QR codes, and characters had a drastic change from being short, to being tall, thus pants were added to the game, along with many new features.
The welcome amiibo update which is free for existing owners features a new campsite area to your town where you can visit event npcs and invite old and new villagers (with amiibo figures or cards) to visit and live in your town, it also has a new form of currency called MEOW coupons which you can get by completing daily and weekly challenges or by inviting amiibo with the magic lamp item that is randomly found, theres also 2 new minigames you can play buy purchasing the wii u and 3ds items from some campsite visitors or fortune cookies, Animal Crossing Puzzle League(3ds) Desert Island Escape(wiiu)
Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer The game is a spin-off to the main Animal Crossing series and does not feature the usual staples of Animal Crossing games, such as fishing or bug catching. Instead, the options for designing houses are vastly expanded, with outdoor furniture in particular having been vastly expanded upon from New Leaf's public works projects.
Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival The game is somewhat similar to the popular party game, Mario Party, but with Animal Crossing characters. Each game of amiibo Festival will correspond to a month of the year, with corresponding events, as in the main series Animal Crossing series games. However board game mode is not the only mode in amiibo Festival. There are 8 other games available.

Friend Code List
Forum Name / New Leaf Name / Town / Friend Code
AcornCake / ? / ? / 2981-6200-4941
Aftershock / Salt / Rivia / 4699-6930-7313
Auzman466 / Auz / Kristan / 1564-3659-2515
Awesomebread / ? / ? / 1263-7581-4636
Ben Watts / Desmond / Ben / Alkja / 4356-0448-2690
Bob12378 / Dewale / Pipton / 3497-1036-0288
Deve111² / Deve / ? / 2165-5700-7930
Ebube4356 / ? / ? / 4356-0984-1253
Electro / ? / ? / 5386-8174-7115
Facepalm / Face / Artomix / 0001-3828-2554
Fastlex / Fastlex / ★ / 4897-7020-3294
Flamecannon / Pyro III / Vensgard / 4227-3180-3002
Filipe / Filipe / ? / 3394-4660-6875
Freek / ? / ? / 2277-7152-0333
The Murderous Cop / Phantasm / HardMode / 1650-5350-8300
LuigiBoi / ? / ? / 0533-6934-7756
Luigiluigi1234 / Zack / Labrynna / 0817-4101-8675
Kira100000 / Kira / Walmart / 2793-0624-5169
Markey / ? / ? / 0817-4948-0610
Menen / Menen / Atheron / 2638-0241-2412
Megaguy / Henry / Megatown / 1289-8430-2002
Mr. Queeba / ? / ? / 1461-6260-4200
Neon / ? / ? / 0920-1328-0920
Orange / Fermi / Kampfton / 2638-1466-0168
Plad101 / ? / ? / 1676-4167-8052
PurpleMetro / ? / ? / 1032-1724-0238
Regulith / ? / ? / 2363-5672-3297
Scream. / Dwenis / Greenale / 3196-4324-0820
Silleb / Silleb / Tillvill / 4356-0984-1253
Snot2 / Snot / ? / 0232-9521-9056
Tonkka² / Tonkka / Newellue / 0860-3978-7467
WaffleCake / ? / ? /  3797-5988-1135
Yosher / Idris / Idricity / 1332-7984-4261
Zanaran2 / Will / Watt / 4811-7021-6103

Trades
I'll post trades here if anyone is interested in that.

Real-time events.
In the month of November, these are the following birthdays:

November 1st • Butch the dog
November 2nd • Iggly the penguin
November 3rd • Snake the rabbit
November 4th • Lucky the dog
November 5th • Lobo the wolf
November 6th • No birthdays today!
November 7th • Bam the deer
November 8th • Alli the alligator
November 9th • Pango the anteater
November 10th • Rodney the hamster and Saharah
November 11th • Mac the dog
November 12th • Mathilda the kangaroo
November 13th • Queenie the ostrich
November 14th • Gracie and Pancetti the pig
November 15th • Sly the alligator
November 16th • Daisy the dog
November 17th • Mallary the duck
November 18th • Tia the elephant
November 19th • Amelia the eagle
November 20th • Sparro the bird
November 21st • Flip the monkey and Phyllis
November 22nd • Claudia the tiger and Sable
November 23rd • Knox the chicken
November 24th • Shep the dog
November 25th • Wolfgang the wolf
November 26th • Willow the sheep
November 27th • Phil the ostrich
November 28th • Peaches the horse
November 29th • Kabuki the cat
November 30th • Kicks

In the month of November, the following events will occur:
November 1st • Mushroom season begins
November 19th • Fishing Tourney
November 24th • Harvest Festival

Downloadable Content
Until ?, 2014 or 2015, run down to the Post Office with Spotpass on and ask for a gift to recieve the following:
The Capricorn Statue (No Image)
*May be different depending on region

Forum Get-Togethers
If you are planning to invite people over, feel free to post what your plans are and I'll post it here.

Custom Design Assistant - Turn images into designs that you can copy with ease!

Animal Crossing QR Factory - Turn images into QR code designs that you can scan into the game!

Thonky New Leaf Guide - Encompasses all the new features into an easy to navigate guide!

Animal Crossing Wiki - A well kept wiki where I got most of my information!

Nookipedia - An alternative to the Animal Crossing wiki, has less articles.

HMM?!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 12:28:57 PM by snot2 »

new update hit new leaf recently which added so many new features and items and fixes
http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Welcome_amiibo

using amiibo to summon npc characters like the nooks or blathers can result in wisp replacing them for the day

my current zelda room

not visible: hylian sheild on the wall, cuccoo, ganondorf wig
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 10:10:45 AM by snot2 »

I had City Folk on the Wii and that was it really.
Also a very good idea to donate bones to Slepp in this game.

I'm actually surprised they released an update for New Leaf after a long time.

animal crossing switch pls

i'm hoping for a wii u animal crossing still. still hoping

If anyone was to bring this topic back, I knew it'd be you snot! I've been playing since September in anticipation for the new update. The biggest thing to come with this update clearly is the fact that you can now SIT ON ROCKS! My new friend code is 4227-3180-3002.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 11:05:47 AM by Flamecannon »

i used to have a copy of dōbutsu no mori when i was collecting n64 games, but my mom threw it away :(

i still have my copy of machi e ikō yo dōbutsu no mori tho. unfortunately i never got a hold of a japanese wii, so i havent been able to play it yet. idk why but i geeked out over the japanese versions of these games for a while. they have subtle differences that are fun to find

eventually ill get with the times and get a 3ds cause i heard the newest one is very good. like, comparable to the gamecube version good, which has so far been my favorite animal crossing. its also got a modding community so i can turn toby into a villager!!

I started playing New Leaf again a couple of weeks ago because I thought it was about time I return to my town after over 9 months. The place is still in one piece thankfully.
i'm hoping for a wii u animal crossing still. still hoping
Not with the current state the Wii U is in. A Switch game would make much more sense and it would fulfill both requests of a home and portable AC with just one game.

Father, forgive me for my sins, but I have... finally broken down... and purchased around 3 amiibo card packs. Collecting the cards was the last thing I'd think I'd be doing but now it's too late for me, save yourselves from the allure of the shiny cards!

i got amiibo festival just for the cards and amiibos

im not going to destroy it like chadtronic

hey, you might wanna change killercop311's info to this:

The Murderous Cop / Phantasm / HardMode / 1650-5350-8300