[BLU] Blockland United

Author Topic: [BLU] Blockland United  (Read 31433 times)

Blockland United (As previously called Blockland's 10th Anniversary Revival Project) Is a clan to unite the talented people in this community to contact each other to create new content for the game, whether it can be add-ons, servers, gamemodes, builds and more.

This is a new clan in the hopes of gathering talented users of the community that hates to see the direction the game is going, we all know that Blockland can fade away one day, but to avoid that, it's only by the community to decide, our plan is to unite the players to create new content, making the game interesting to play again.

In here we will gather up the best ideas from the community about how we could make the game more alive.

- Since a lot of the player base have little to no knowledge in eventing, coding, building and so on, we could provide more Gamemodes that fulfill the type of server that each player wants to host, Deathmatches, Racing, Freebuild, RP's and others, they could have different maps built and ready to work with the scripting of the gamemode, and it will be easy for a new player to download and host, it's a good way to give more variety for the player base that has little to no knowledge yet about content creation, builders, eventers and coders could gather up to make this happen.

- More videos to advertise these new contents and servers could be made, if a viewer sees that he will know that there is something interesting to see out there in the game that's new and fun, so he could go there and try it out himself.

- Share about the game more with your friends, but before that, it's important to prepare the game with interesting and new content to let the player invested in the game.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 06:31:39 PM by Filipe »

In-Game Name: Badpost / Bedpost
BL ID: 45950 / 160961

Positions: Builder / Eventing

Contacts: Steam

Why do you want to help: I'd like to help build so I could create a welcome plaza alongside with things that we could add so that we can show new Blocklanders the way to get through in Blockland. I can build large towers and such to make a city like landscape.

I'll join the cause, would love to see some of the more dedicated members over the years settle their differences and come together to bring higher quality content to the game. I'm a great all-around builder, so I can be heavily involved in whatever projects are planned.

Another idea for a member sub-group could be project leaders. Often times projects fail because they don't have enough creative minds. A project leader would solve this issue by coming up with and suggesting ideas to the builders, eventers, etc. for a new gamemode/features for a gamemode that is already being worked on.

Steam: Ravencroft7

Some of my work:

« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 10:01:36 AM by Ravencroft· »

In-Game Name: Nicepoint
BL ID: 25816

Positions: Builder, Events, Host

Contacts: Discord: Nicepoint #7943, Steam

Examples of your work: Gallery

Why do you want to help: Blockland is a game I've been playing for years and I don't want it to die down. Until Christmas I cannot spare much time, but when I can, I can help with building and eventing.
I have also hosted my Endless Zombies server which is semi-popular and more importantly: simple and easy to play. Both of which are important to keep new players in the game.
Even though I cannot spare much time to this game, I still want to help as much as I can.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 11:11:01 AM by Nicepoint »

Alright noted, project leaders and hosters list is now in, once I get home I'll fill you guys in properly in the list, also please share this clan with anyone you think it might be interested to help.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 10:51:56 AM by Filipe »

Sure, I'll build.
I'll put together an application later.
Edit: apparently that won't be necessary.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 01:26:13 PM by Magus »

In-Game Name: Nirdra // Swage
BL ID: 47870 & 47873 (Steam)

Positions: Terrain-related building and some small things. Futuristic-style-ish is my go point. I'm not excellent though, far from it. Eventing, as well. Video maker, sort of. I have several things done, but none are professional or near great.

Examples of your work:
None are directly related to building or eventing. I just thought I may as well apply for that too. I don't share building work often, if I do it's to friends.
Videos I made/Parodied

Why do you want to help: I've been playing Blockland for a very long time, despite my current key and register date. It's a game I've dedicated countless hours of my life playing. Maybe not contributing to, but certainly playing. It's something I don't spend less than an hour being active on each day, and a game I'm saddened to see grow dim. And I suppose that's the same default reason everyone else gives, but that's my true reason. I haven't ever seen a community full of people like you, and the more we lose, the worse it gets. I want to help bring it to better light. Maybe not in the most professional, skilled, or even decent way, but in any way I can. I could aid without being part of the group, sure. But being part of a team who wants to do the same is really nice. It's why I join anything to begin with.

In-Game Name: Pompmaker1
BL ID: 25760

Positions: Designer

Contacts: Discord: Pompmaker1 #5761

Examples of your work: Tanks, more tanks, playertypes

Why do you want to help: Blockland has been a huge part of my life, and everyone around me irl always says it is a stuffty game. I want to show them what Blockland can become. I really want Blockland to go back to the good old days of goofiness and fun without trying to be more complicated than it was meant to be.

Added you guys in, working on the topic layout.

make blockland great again

In-Game Name: c[_]
BL ID: 40725

Positions: *Build*

Contacts: *Steam Discord: c[_]*

Examples of your work: http://defaultcontent.weebly.com/ Check links also so you can see my old blog

Why do you want to help: *Cause i want to help with the project. It seems like a really cool idea*
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 08:02:54 AM by c[_] »

In-Game Name:CRITAWAKETS
BL ID:173449

Positions: Builder/Eventing/Server Hosting(Might just pass the torch/map to someone better than me eventually)

Contacts:Steam, Discord, Teamspeak,BL Glass but dont expect me on my skype, it is private.
Examples of your work:A space MERP map, i abandoned on it due to saving issues and the planets being too small of a size alongside a more popular server being hosted. And a Future MERP map. Scrapped due to lack of ideas for game mechanics, a pretty sucky map and wanting to restart it alongside servers already being hosted.

Why do you want to help: Blockland is in a need of MERPs recently. People have actually quit because no players are hosting MERP like they used to. The only recent MERPs are El Gringos and A Paradox in a Box. El Gringos has the problem of a hoster that bans people for no reason and both of the servers are using a Space MERP with A Paradox in a Box's Space MERP not having a research system. I want to bring back the golden era of Future MERPs. There have been numerous attempts to do it but this time, we will try our hardest. I have gained building experience and i will this time, get loads of people to help.

I can actually help with the ideas of some games and even help with stop-motion animation for bricks using eventing.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 05:46:43 PM by CRITAWAKETS »

Steam group is now up, please join.

In-Game Name: TlTO ( thats a lowercase L not an I)
BL ID: 29865

Positions: Builder

Why do you want to help: The Annoying Orange campaign is over so now i can stop stuffposting on the internet and play Blockland again and this looks like a pretty good motivator

stuff i made :
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=254047.0
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=280534.0
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=268223.0
of course this is old stuff because i cant find anything else