Author Topic: Rogue One: A star wars story Post Discussion [SPOILERS]  (Read 7220 times)

I thought they did a good job making the stakes feel high even though in the back of your mind you knew that they'd wind up with the plans and everyone would probably die.  This counts for a lot for me, perhaps more than it ought to.
I came to like the characters , but not so much that I really cared a whole lot when they died.
I'm not too keen on people surviving when we think they're dead as I fee it makes the stakes feel low, so whojamacallit surviving that nice fall there bugged me, but it wasn't really a big deal.
Middle of the movie kinda dragged.
As skill pointed out, not a rehash of the original, which is good.  I hope that 8 does its own thing too.

As for how the death star's able to kill planets so soon after that, I believe they said they were only using one reactor or just using "enough to destroy the city" of jeddah.  Presumably it could have been used to blow entire planets to start with.  I may be wrong, of course.

As for how the death star's able to kill planets so soon after that, I believe they said they were only using one reactor or just using "enough to destroy the city" of jeddah.  Presumably it could have been used to blow entire planets to start with.  I may be wrong, of course.
Yes, they were specifically just using one reactor.
Though the destruction that caused was already huge.

choking Commander Orson
I think we all knew this was going to happen, since he's a new imperial character in a prequel in charge of something important.

definitely fell short in the first half where you're expected to feel something for these characters you just met in what felt like a rush of force-feeding you the exposition so that the big battle could have context. the big battle was really cool but didn't feel satisfying because there wasn't much of any substance before it. episode 7 was good all around, but i suppose it also kinda lacked substance because it was literally just a rehash of episode 4. only way for this franchise revival to be remembered as anything but a mediocre and obligatory continuity of a cash cow series is if episode 8 does some unpredictable and cool stuff.

the first half of the movie was very slow imo.

they said in the movie something along the line of 'this is only a fraction of the weapons capabilities'

i was really lost at the start of the movie. there was a ton of cuts i kinda lost interest up until (forgot his name) the blind guy started kicking ass

but OH MAN that Darth VADER at the end that was amazing
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 10:27:52 AM by Trogtor »

K-2SO was fantastic
*SMACK*

"Congratulations, you are being rescued!"

*SMACK*

"Congratulations, you are being rescued!"
that was great

also paint totally called it nice one paint

Everyone talking about the Vader scene and the awesome amount of references, but no one talks about the unlucky guy who crashed against the Scarif shield gate. That sucked for him.

is it just me or is that the best loving CG I've ever seen

oh and peter cushing

is it just me or is that the best loving CG I've ever seen
Yeah, it was pretty amazing.

I think the part I disliked the most was when Darth Vader made that cheesy pun.

better prequel than the actual prequels

also did anyone draw parallels to deep impact in that one scene after they transmit the plans or is it just me
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 08:39:54 PM by eboyblue10 »

better prequel than the actual prequels

also did anyone draw parallels to deep impact in that one scene after they transmit the plans or is it just me

Yeah, it really showed how desperate the Rebellion was in A New Hope. That one chip containing a piece of information determined the fate of the galaxy. We knew it had importance, but Rogue One added weight upon it.

HOLY stuff THAT WAS ONE BADASS MOVIE!!!

I LOVE HOW THEY CLIP IT ON WITH IV!