B.F.B.B-2 [No Longer Interested]

Poll

-

-
0 (0%)
-
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: B.F.B.B-2 [No Longer Interested]  (Read 308871 times)

Equip hammer and attempt to destroy glider [1] like a 2x2 block.

Magnum kick Glider #1.

"Yeeeahh.... whats up?"

"Anyways, you remember that guy that helped you build that bunker eh?"

"Yeah it's me. You see, I've got a problem."

"I have this fancy space station here with all the supercomputers and stuff, and I'd like to help along with your pest problem"

"To do that I'm gonna need a sample of the hive's genome"

"So if you could help me with that, I'd be thankful. And you'd be a lot richer too."
Tuevon looks down, sighing and scratching his head before looking back up to the man's face flickering in the screen.

"Curious: How would a biological sample help with the incursion?  Biological weapons cannot be made overnight, and they tend to have collateral consequences."

Tuevon looks down, sighing and scratching his head before looking back up to the man's face flickering in the screen.

"Curious: How would a biological sample help with the incursion?  Biological weapons cannot be made overnight, and they tend to have collateral consequences."

"I have a fully capable facility here to produce a substantial amount of self-replicating nanites, that can target certain organisms with certain DNA or whatever complex molecules they work on."

"You give me the genome and I'll start chipping off any possible separate infestations."

"If you're so worried, I do have a kill switch up here"

"The problem is that we currently have no equipment or units purposed or even adaptable to capture thee beasts.  However, if I were to choose one enemy to undermine, it would be the screamers which alert the enemy of our presence," he says before pausing.

"Computer: Send data files of the 'Enemy: Hive Screamer-Class' through the CommLink." Multiple screens then fill up with all kinds of windows, some of which are consoles and alert dialogues that disappear quickly while others are consoles that persist for a while.  After a while, the man in his station sees a screen light up announcing multiple system breach indicators, then followed by a window appearing over all of them displaying simply 'Connection Accepted'. On both men's computers, a number of loading windows appear, with loading bars filling from left to right at various speeds.

"Anyways, you should have that information complete in about a minute.  I would presume that you need one alive.  Do you have the means to retrieve it from Earth once I have it in my possession?"

"I'll have the destroyer ready by then to transport the specimen"

"Pleasure working with you, just contact me if you need anything from me"

FOR NEXT TURN, MY BAD

Order Taval to assemble a robo-squad.  Travel with the AVLAC arriving to pick up munitions for the armored bulldozer and travel with the shipment carrying a box.  Give the squad leader infrared/sonogram binoculars.

Go back down to the workshop and continue my project.

The Data on the screamer-class finishes transmitting to nicepoints computer. What he finds is very interesting.
Code: [Select]
Subject Caste: Screamer
Adult Length: Approx. 1.5 m (5ft)

The Screamer appears to be a hive caste that bears some similarities to the Runner Caste; the key difference being it's size and build. While a runner is built similarly to a cheetah, the screamer bears greater resemblance to a simple monitor lizard.

Screamers have been known to possess extremely powerful vocal cords, as well as the ability to emit soundwaves in a previously unknown frequency that neither human nor animal can pick up on. However, all denizens of the hive seem to be capable of hearing this frequency.

They are also known to possess significantly more intelligence then the rest of the hive, able to not only coordinate strategic movements with the rest of the hive's denizens; but also adapt them to changing circumstances. The intelligence they possess is on par with a veteran military general if put to comparison.

A live specimen is required for study if we are to fully understand this caste and counteract them.

Turn 61 Results

The Space Station activates the LTS, tracking both Drones and the First Enhanced Glider.

Orbital Deployment Module launches a care package to the surface, which deploys into a shield generator. It will absorb 500 damage for the players before going inactive.

SOBP fires another incendiary round. The result is similar: All enemies have caught fire.

TableSalt grabs a hammer and bashes it against the First Enhanced Glider. Inflicting 120(+25%) physical damage.

Redconer performs a Magnum Kick on the First Enhanced Glider. Inflicting 140(+75%) physical damage.

ZeUberMedic finishes upgrading the MG-42 to a laser variant, returning to battle!

HVACS-1 & 2 arrive at the military base and join the defense!

AEGIS-3 & HVACS-4 retreat back to the bunker.

AEGIS-1 directs it's fire to the First Drone. Inflicting 140(-5%) energy damage.

AEGIS-2 delivers potent laser fire upon the First Enhanced Glider. Inflicting 135(+25%) energy damage.

HVACS-1 coordinates an attack on the First Drone. Inflicting 165(-5%) physical damage.

HVACS-2 joins alongside HVACS-1, shredding into the First Drone for 150(-5%) physical damage.

The Goliath Tank fires the Incendiary MLRS at the First Drone. Inflicting 160(-5%) bomb-element damage.

The Ice Golem casts Coldsnap. Freezing the First Enhanced Runner solid.

The Ice Warriors launch frigid missiles, delivering 140 physical damage to the First Enhanced Runner. The attack shatters the ice and doubles the damage.

The T-70 fires it's main gun at the First Enhanced Glider. Inflicting 110(+25%) physical damage.

Tuevon orders Taval to assemble a robot squad specifically designed to capture a screamer. They will accompany an AVLAC heading towards the mountains.

Hive Incursion
Wave 3-of-3

Drone
[1]
A spineless, flexible creature; that appears to be the only male among the other denizens of the hive.
The drone is physically tough and difficult to bring down.
916/1500
Afflicted with 'Stalwart Servitude'
(This unit cannot be made an ally)
Afflicted with 'Thick Skin'
(Takes 30% less damage)
Afflicted with 'Armored Skull'
(Cannot be headshot or suffer critical damage)
Afflicted with 'High Pain Tolerance'
(This unit is difficult to stun)
Afflicted with 'Pinpointed'
(Takes 25% more damage)
(-50% evasion)
Afflicted with 'On Fire'
(Takes 5% of maximum health as damage each cycle)

The First Drone rips into the shield, inflicting 235 damage.

Drone
[2]
A spineless, flexible creature; that appears to be the only male among the other denizens of the hive.
The drone is physically tough and difficult to bring down.
1500/1500
Afflicted with 'Thick Skin'
(Takes 30% less damage)
Afflicted with 'Armored Skull'
(Cannot be headshot or suffer critical damage)
Afflicted with 'High Pain Tolerance'
(This unit is difficult to stun)
(Takes 25% more damage)
(-50% evasion)
Afflicted with 'On Fire'

The Second Drone cleaves it's claws through the shield, inflicting 276 damage, destroying the shield.

Enhanced Glider
[1]
A stronger variation of the normal glider, identifiable by the red skin and darkened frills.
It is tougher to bring down and can dish out heavy damage from above.
544/1250
(Takes 25% more damage)
(-50% evasion)
Afflicted with 'On Fire'
Afflicted with 'Airborne'
(Cannot be attacked by melee or short-range attacks)

The First Enhanced Glider launches itself airborne.

Enhanced Glider
[2]
A stronger variation of the normal glider, identifiable by the red skin and darkened frills.
It is tougher to bring down and can dish out heavy damage from above.
1250/1250
Afflicted with 'On Fire'
Afflicted with 'Airborne'
(Cannot be attacked by melee or short-range attacks)

The Second Enhanced Glider launches itself airborne.

Enhanced Runner
[1]
A stronger variation of runner, identifiable by it's color.
It is faster, tougher, and smarter then a normal runner, and also possesses a ranged spit attack.
545/825
Afflicted with 'Unbreakable Speed'
(This unit has a high evade capability)
(This boost can only be slightly weakened)
Afflicted with 'Caustic Spit'
(Spit attack ignores armor)
Afflicted with 'On Fire'

The First Enhanced Runner launches caustic spit at the T-70. Inflicting 185 damage directly to health. The acid eats through the tanks main system and causes it to explode.

Enhanced Runner
[2]
A stronger variation of runner, identifiable by it's color.
It is faster, tougher, and smarter then a normal runner, and also possesses a ranged spit attack.
825/825
Afflicted with 'Unbreakable Speed'
(This unit has a high evade capability)
(This boost can only be slightly weakened)
Afflicted with 'Caustic Spit'
(Spit attack ignores armor)
Afflicted with 'On Fire'

The Second Enhanced Runner curls into a ball and speeds into Redconer. Severing his leg and causing 'Bleeding'.

ATTACK CYCLE START

Warning screens begin to flash on both Tuevon and Nicepoints computers. An unidentified energy signature is building rapidly within the first drone. It seems to be overtaking the drones body from the inside out.

Tuevon looks up from his desk at the single screen in his workshop dedicated for notifications.  His eyes narrow at the screen.  "Computer: Focus surveillance frames from AEGIS and HVACS Task Forces in the area—Zoom focus 210%." He pauses, watching the beast contort unusually. "Computer: Focus all fire on that drone for the next volley.  Avoid all airborne gliders."

Will update AFO to correspond with in-topic orders.

SOBP loads the HighEx clip

I finish the Destroyer with the assistant drone.

The Destroyer
A heavily armed and mobile gunship with multiple long range railguns, point-defence turrets and missile pods.
It has compartments for storage, containment and safety from combat.

Space station activates the Sector Sweep to spot any Screamers

I RETURN.
I PULL OUT MULTIPLE FOLDABLE CHAIR FROM UNDER THE RING
I HIT ALL OF THE CREATURES WITH SAID CHAIRS
I GO AWAY