SpeedKart Hover
SpeedKart Original
SpeedKart Default
SuperKart
SuperKart ATV
SuperKart Hover
SuperKart Jetski
SuperKart Plane

Author Topic: FASTKarts v10  (Read 57423 times)

How would you determine what music files will be loaded in that case?
uses config/server/musiclist.cs
so it's the same list of music as you have saved in the custom gamemode

uses config/server/musiclist.cs
so it's the same list of music as you have saved in the custom gamemode

Hmm... It's a neat idea. I'll look into adding it in a user friendly way. I'll probably lock it behind a pref that's disabled by default. I'm worried about first time users starting up the gamemode and wondering why it's taking so long for players to load their server, without realising their super-duper-mega-ultra pack of 3000+ music files was activated in the custom gamemode.

How do we get maps? I loaded in and there wasn't any maps so I kept dying...

How do we get maps? I loaded in and there wasn't any maps so I kept dying...
Always read the descriptions of files you download. This general rule not only applies with Blockland Add-Ons, but to pretty much anything you download online.

Download All Official Tracks

Ok, thanks.

EDIT: The readme.md doesn't have anything other then info, and the description.txt files are all blank.

Ok, thanks.

EDIT: The readme.md doesn't have anything other then info, and the description.txt files are all blank.
I was referring to the main topic post. That link I quoted is found there. I gave you a link you could have easily found yourself the same way you found the FASTKarts download link. :/

The reason why the fastkarts tracks contain blank description.txt files is because Blockland Glass accepts a file as an Add-On only if it contains a description.txt. I had to work around Blockland Glass' bad design. Based on that same rule, Blockland Glass wouldnt even detect the official, default speedkart tracks as add-ons if they were uploaded there. Thankfully it wasn't that annoying of a workaround, so it's all settled now.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 01:05:26 PM by Crispy_ »

v10:

Use Old Names pref is now more descriptive, shows up as "Rename SuperKarts to SpeedKarts" in rtb/glass prefs

You can now load music from the custom gamemode (pref is disabled by default)

You are now told to check the /download command if you have no tracks loaded

Gamemode is now playable without any track, the Lighthouse track is loaded by default. You will still get messages about needing to download maps, though
Video of this in action. Looks like a perfectly normal game, but I actually had no FASTKarts add-ons during that video!

I thought I was pretty much done with this gamemode but I got some ideas and felt like doing a little more. I also got a much bigger update for Deathmatch that I'll post about shortly.

I just did a bunch of fixes and improvements to the official tracks! I probably shouldnt have let these slide for a whole month, as some of them were really bad. I integrated Modified Modter but never combed through the maps to replace 4x modter signs with legacy modter. Well now, all the messed up letters should be fixed.

I also tweaked some shortcut stuff, and added a few details to some maps. For instance, Harbor's beach and island side now continues along the whole island's side, not just what's normally visible. The "lap jump" in Terminal Ocean is now the full width of the track.

Check them out:
http://piber20.com/d/bl/s/FASTKartsOfficialTracks.zip
(this is the same link that's in the op)

I would have posted about this yesterday but I was getting some coudfare errors that were preventing me from posting.

please could you fix autism raceway so people dont just throw themselves and bounce out of their speedkart across the water and win the track in 4 seconds?

please could you fix autism raceway so people dont just throw themselves and bounce out of their speedkart across the water and win the track in 4 seconds?

I'm not the one supporting that track. Don't use it, or you could ask Superstarxalien169 to fix it. It's supposed to be a joke track, so... that might even be intentional.

yeah i see where you're coming from but like
who would want to stay in that map for more than 4 seconds

Hey! Haven't posted here in a while. I needed a break from working with Blockland addons.

After a lot of thinking, and messing around in Colin_P's server, I decided that FASTKarts was in need of an update. I got plenty of ideas, and Mac Workin has given me some ideas as well.

I've already done a large portion of the update, but I need any and all opinions on what I should add in this update. I want to be able to cover most things with this.

Feel free to give me your ideas here. Even things you think I wouldn't add, or you feel would be too small to mention. Suggest away!

what if we added a vehicle shop like what anthonyrules' speedkart wants to add

and maybe you pay in wins or some system of exp

ideas for vehicles:
Buffed Horse - 50 exp - A horse that goes as fast as a kart.
Buffed 4 Seater Horse - 200 exp - 4 times the seats, 4 times the exp.
Tiny Tank - 300 exp - You can't shoot anyone in it, but you can race.
Full-Sized Jeep - 300 exp - Share a jeep with your friends!
Skiis - 500 exp - A new car in your hands!

These are just tiny ideas for something that probably can't or won't happen.