Nintendo Switch Presentation - January 12th

Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Presentation - January 12th  (Read 151331 times)

So Matthew how would making the Switch smaller lower the price from around above £200 to only £100?

Smaller size = smaller price duh.

i want my switch mini mini

smaller size also means that parts and circuits need to be smaller, which actually costs more to do that.

the nintendo switch micro
now as small as the mactini(tm)
(reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGGOn-H7s3Q)

no what, its litterally just pressing the joypad in like hou do the joysticks?

I see what you mean, nvm then

smaller size also means that parts and circuits need to be smaller, which actually costs more to do that.
Finally somebody understands this.

So Matthew how would making the Switch smaller lower the price from around above £200 to only £100?
The switch mini will represent the price drop in the switch, but that drop isn't magical, it is going to lose you two or three pieces of the switch (this depends on the costs.)
so let's do the maths.

Switch Dock - $59.99
HDMI Cable - $7.99
Joycon Grip - $19.99
AC Adapter - $29.99
JoyCon - $79.99

This all together is $197.95

That leaves the actual switch itself, with nothing else, being worth $101.05

now obviously this is the pricing altogether is based on the original switch box, so,  now we need to keep some things in mind.
The Joycons cost so much because they each hold a lithium ion battery, bluetooth connectivity, and that IR crap that no one will ever use, guaranteed.
Keeping that in mind I think it's fair that the controls being added on to the base switch technology will bump it up only about fifty bucks.

$151.05

Now you NEED the ac adapter, so that's another $29.99 (i'm going to semi-round up to match it to a market price.)

$185.99

Now, you could just sell this alone, and I'm sure it would do it just fine, but that leaves out the dock, the hdmi cable, and the now required Pro Controller. (yes it works with joycon, but why wouldn't you just get a pro controller?)

Now lets do something like the Wii U, in which we have a Basic Bundle and a Deluxe Bundle.

Basic Bundle - $185.99
Switch Mini
AC Adapter

Deluxe Bundle - $259.99 - $279.99 (Despite actual pricing, I think Nintendo would allow for a price drop considering two things, the switch's popularity, and it's just standard practice.)
Switch Mini
AC Adapter
Switch Dock
HDMI Cable
Pro Controller

Now of course, I believe the basic bundle would sell a stuff ton more then the deluxe bundle.
otherwise this is just some math and maybe a little bit of dreaming.

I explained my reasoning with the basic bundle, but with the deluxe bundle, I think nintendo might do a price drop to keep the base large, console companies sell their systems at a losss and make their money back with the games.

Now the deluxe bundle could very well be $299 as well.

But the basic bundle was done through basic maths, so  thats acurate, but you also get less.

does anyone think nintendo or some third party is going to make that car mount for the switch?

does anyone think nintendo or some third party is going to make that car mount for the switch?
Im hoping for a keyboard attachment

I explained my reasoning with the basic bundle, but with the deluxe bundle, I think nintendo might do a price drop to keep the base large, console companies sell their systems at a losss and make their money back with the games.

Now the deluxe bundle could very well be $299 as well.

But the basic bundle was done through basic maths, so  thats acurate, but you also get less.

No I meant the mini console itself is way cheaper than the Switch console itself.

so my friend brought his switch to school and we played snipperclips. it was p fun. the only downside i found at that moment is that the screen is REALLY reflective. couldn't see much on games like botw at night because all i could see was the reflection of my friend's arm.

all i could see was the reflection of my friend's arm.

you got to play arms early

I've always wanted to play Mario Kart while I'm driving

i'll probably buy a switch if nintendo makes a new metroid game or if sm odyssey turns out to be absolutely amazing

I've always wanted to play Mario Kart while I'm driving
I still think were gonna see a switch VR adapter