Nintendo Switch Presentation - January 12th

Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Presentation - January 12th  (Read 151371 times)

Sega and Microsoft are Publishing a game on the Nintendo Switch.
Sonic Games and Minecraft
Join us Sony... Join us.

sega is still in the game?? do they do anything of note other than sonic?

Conduit? It was kinda stuff though

Yakuza?

alien isolation and that other alien experience

phantasy star online 2 but that's only in japan (technically)

football manager

in japan they have a rhythm game called chunithm that response with motion and touch

here's some gameplay of one of their hardest/gimmicky charts completed with the best judgement

they also have dawn of war and total war: warhammer in the US, with dawn of war coming out in about 3 days

Alright so I've heard rumours of a switch mini, and the fact that it wouldn't have detachable joycon.
and by extension it would be afailure as it couldn't do the main feature of the switch which is to "switch"
I say, Bullstuff.

So here's my Idea on how a switch mini would look and how it could be functional.

So in my version of the switch mini there are three changes from the ugly Wii-U gamepad looking switch mini that's been floating its way through the internet.
First and foremost the joycon joysticks have been replaced with joypads similar to the 3ds joysticks, (this will be explained later), the switch mini is roughly the size of
the docks space (just slightly sticking out on both side so it can be removed.), and finally, while yes the original switch mini had this but I think this is still something to
note, the D-pad instead of directional buttons.

Why did I do this? okay so these changes were made so that the switch mini could fit inside the pre-existing switch dock without any modification or a custom dock.
This would revitalize the whole point of the switch, that being the "it's a console now, it's a portable now". With these changes I believe it would be both child-friendly,
travel friendly and it could still work with the pro controller, but first let me explain to you what I know you're thinking. "How are you supposed to play in tv mode,
if you can't use the joycon?" Well first, let's not get ahead of ourselves.

The switch mini will represent the price drop in the switch, but that drop isn't magical, it is going to lose you two or three pieces of the switch (this depends on the costs.)
so let's do the maths.

Switch Dock - $59.99
HDMI Cable - $7.99
Joycon Grip - $19.99
AC Adapter - $29.99
JoyCon - $79.99

This all together is $197.95

That leaves the actual switch itself, with nothing else, being worth $101.05

now obviously this is the pricing altogether is based on the original switch box, so,  now we need to keep some things in mind.
The Joycons cost so much because they each hold a lithium ion battery, bluetooth connectivity, and that IR crap that no one will ever use, guaranteed.
Keeping that in mind I think it's fair that the controls being added on to the base switch technology will bump it up only about fifty bucks.

$151.05

Now you NEED the ac adapter, so that's another $29.99 (i'm going to semi-round up to match it to a market price.)

$185.99

Now, you could just sell this alone, and I'm sure it would do it just fine, but that leaves out the dock, the hdmi cable, and the now required Pro Controller. (yes it works with joycon, but why wouldn't you just get a pro controller?)

Now lets do something like the Wii U, in which we have a Basic Bundle and a Deluxe Bundle.

Basic Bundle - $185.99
Switch Mini
AC Adapter

Deluxe Bundle - $259.99 - $279.99 (Despite actual pricing, I think Nintendo would allow for a price drop considering two things, the switch's popularity, and it's just standard practice.)
Switch Mini
AC Adapter
Switch Dock
HDMI Cable
Pro Controller

Now of course, I believe the basic bundle would sell a stuff ton more then the deluxe bundle.
otherwise this is just some math and maybe a little bit of dreaming.

imo the only improvements is the brown townog sticks and d pad, switch mini would basically be a large smartphone

imo the only improvements is the brown townog sticks and d pad, switch mini would basically be a large smartphone
Well, its design is intended for children, so it wouldn't break apart easy, or have missing pieces like the full size switch could.

I'd love a version of the switch mini that had joysticks. The 3ds circle pad isn't bad, but its kind of a disadvantage to real sticks.

I can see the portability using circle pads though.

Circle-pads would be more durable if dropped at an angle that would normally land on the joysticks