if you had to choice to make blockland fun again but ruin the community

Poll

!!!

let a million new players in at the expense of our community
45 (45%)
keep blockland small so our community is unique
55 (55%)

Total Members Voted: 100

Author Topic: if you had to choice to make blockland fun again but ruin the community  (Read 3931 times)

Accountability would go out the window with a significant increase in players (ROBLOX levels). Right now, we are such a tight-knit community that we can all watch over one another and hold each other accountable for each other's forget-ups. Games like ROBLOX and GMod with their millions of players don't even have things like the Drama board to regulate its player base. If someone does something bad there, it gets forgotten and they don't learn from their mistakes. While that may be mostly true here as well, the Drama board does convert some jackasses into good people. With a massive increase in players would come a STAGGERING increase in bad players, and it would be difficult to keep track of all of them.

The notion that development would skyrocket substantially is also flawed. Sure, there are a few diamonds in the rough, but think about how many among us are noteworthy devs right now in this community. Taking cues from ROBLOX and GMod, you could easily expect what Carlin called children; "A few winners, a WHOLE LOT of LOSERS." Also, keep in mind that most of the """""development""""" in these games is repeated copies of previously-made work. Blockland filters that out. So what do you get really?

It would be awesome to have a few more dedicated players. The levels you're talking about, though, are WAY too much for a game/community like this.
i mean to be fair, having a drama board to "regulate players" is a pretty weird idea in the first place, and it kinda only spawned from the fact that blockland was a small enough community that it made sense to have a place to publicly place grievances with specific users. tbh there really isn't much of an in-game reason to have a drama board because we have ban and kick functionality that works fine; the only other time it'd be useful is if there's some exploit goin around or smth, but even that can be disseminated by other means (general discussion topics for instance).

also idk what you mean in the second part. if you have more users capable of creating content, more content will be made. there's literally always more useless mods than outstanding ones no matter which game you're talking about. regardless, there's zero downside to having more people creating content. people who make stuffty mods today can make great mods in a year or so down the line, and if you have more content creators in the community, you automatically have a higher chance of people creating new mods that people actually want to use.

I wonder how the forums would work itself out in the flood of new users. Would we just flee to a different forum as a shelter from this refugee crCIA? If so, I nominate Pecon's.

Good one
Instead we could just ban you and make it even better.
>Make community great
>Allow betel and raven

pick one
you friends fly to bait like flies to trash

you friends fly to bait like flies to trash
thanks for this valuable information

the game is more important than the community imho

thanks for this valuable information
you're welcome please keep it in mind whenever you constantly respond to things obviously made to get your attention because you thrive off it

if we're gonna be honest the community itself wouldn't change with more players because it still revolves about drama (3rd largest board)

trolls absolutely thrive here because of how everybody always reacts because you can't just get enough of that arguing

I mean my post I initially made wasn't even serious, it was the reply "x or x pick one" that people sometimes reply with

chill out my dude

if you want to make the community great again allow betelgeuse and ravencroft back on the forums
Now
Here's a Little Lesson in Triggery...

I mean my post I initially made wasn't even serious, it was the reply "x or x pick one" that people sometimes reply with

chill out my dude
cool so you say trolls like betel or raven are bad but you post memes that generally don't contribute to the discussion
you're considerably just as bad as them or this:
Now
Here's a Little Lesson in Triggery...

but you post memes that generally don't contribute to the discussion
I mean you've done exactly what you're describing here except many more times than me so right now you're really making yourself look like a hypocrite

Also I made the post to address it whilst not taking the bait. Is it suddenly wrong to not take bait???

Not taking the bait by taking the bait

Baitception

I mean you've done exactly what you're describing here except many more times than me so right now you're really making yourself look like a hypocrite
"no you"
plus even if im a hypocrite my point still stands about me or anybody else
Also I made the post to address it whilst not taking the bait.
what lol

what lol
I addressed his point where he thinks that bringing back raven and betel will be a good addition to the community, but I didn't "take the bait" by getting all uppity about it and trying to tear down his point, thus the very simple "x or x pick one" post

Plus to note; Patton legitimately does think those two users are good and respectable users both on the forums and in game