LegoPepper - Unreasonable Admin, Making up false reasons to ban me for

Author Topic: LegoPepper - Unreasonable Admin, Making up false reasons to ban me for  (Read 49088 times)

Yeah because you didn't fix stuff. Your rules are as long as a short essay. How do you seriously expect players to be able to memorize and go along with something like that? Try getting it down to less than 80 words, and remove all the handicapped technicalities.
Explain to me how that could be done.
"Do not RDM" isn't very specific. What constitutes RDM? Under what circumstances can people be killed?

Doesn't really take much thought to parse through our current RDM rule.
Here's a hastily-made flow chart:

This maximizes violence without "turning it into a deathmatch" as much of our community fears.

"Do not RDM. This does not apply if the victim is a leader, you have a personal vendetta, or they do not surrender to you. If they surrender, make requests until they don't obey / attack"

In this simplified rule, what constitutes a vendetta?
Here's the current text of the rule. Go for it.
4. No Random Deathmatch (RDM).
 - If you are a ruler, such as a King or Queen, Commander, Captain, Regent, Prince, Princess, or Lord you can be KILLED for any reason.
 - You cannot attack for out-of-character reasons ('It was my destiny',  'I'm a serial killer', 'They killed me in DayZ' are all invalid)
 - You can only DOWN if they don't /reveal their name.
 - You can only DOWN if you are interfering with ongoing conflict that you aren't a part of.
       + The people you attack have full right to fight back.
 - Assassins / Sellswords will be held accountable for their kills.   
       + You must know why you are hired.
       + The client will be responsible if they lie to you about the reason.
 = PERSONAL VENDETTAS =   
 - A valid personal vendetta allows you to kill someone if the vendetta is valid.
 - Vendetta is valid if the person DOWNED you or TORTURED you previously.
 - Vendetta is valid if the person KILLED one of your FRIENDS or LOVED ONES.
 - Personal Vendettas may only last up to 14 IRL days.
 = SUBMIT GUIDELINES =   
 !! If you don't have a valid personal vendetta, you must follow these guidelines !!
 - You can tell someone to submit to you by telling them to do an action that isn't impossible (eg Self Delete).
 - You may DOWN if your target responds to your order with action: Running away, pulling out weapons or screaming for help.
 - You may KILL if your target disobeys you ONE or MORE times.

Holy hell, that is the most over-complicated and over-specified rule I have ever seen in my time of playing BL.

If the word "vendetta" wasn't clear to someone, they'd google the definition for it. You don't need to spend half a paragraph filling nothing but technicalities and examples.

And if we didn't fill half a paragraph with technicalities and examples people would constantly argue what constitutes a valid vendetta.

And if we didn't fill half a paragraph with technicalities and examples people would constantly argue what constitutes a valid vendetta.
If they wondered what a valid vendetta is, you can google it and find the exact definition and there you go, no need!

Seriously a dictionary definition of the word Vendetta would be shorter and more to the point / easier to understand.

I killed someone for stealing my 8 gold. I got banned.

Some vendetta.

Really, any rule that is to be enforced in a structured manner has to be specific. Here's an example from U.S. law:
Quote from: 18 U.S. Code § 113 - Assaults within maritime and territorial jurisdiction
(a) Whoever, within the special maritime and territorial jurisdiction of the United States, is guilty of an assault shall be punished as follows:
(1) Assault with intent to commit murder or a violation of section 2241 or 2242, by a fine under this title, imprisonment for not more than 20 years, or both.
(2) Assault with intent to commit any felony, except murder or a violation of section 2241 or 2242, by a fine under this title or imprisonment for not more than ten years, or both.
(3) Assault with a dangerous weapon, with intent to do bodily harm, by a fine under this title or imprisonment for not more than ten years, or both.
(4) Assault by striking, beating, or wounding, by a fine under this title or imprisonment for not more than 1 year, or both.
(5) Simple assault, by a fine under this title or imprisonment for not more than six months, or both, or if the victim of the assault is an individual who has not attained the age of 16 years, by fine under this title or imprisonment for not more than 1 year, or both.
(6) Assault resulting in serious bodily injury, by a fine under this title or imprisonment for not more than ten years, or both.
(7) Assault resulting in substantial bodily injury to a spouse or intimate partner, a dating partner, or an individual who has not attained the age of 16 years, by a fine under this title or imprisonment for not more than 5 years, or both.
(8) Assault of a spouse, intimate partner, or dating partner by strangling, suffocating, or attempting to strangle or suffocate, by a fine under this title, imprisonment for not more than 10 years, or both.
(b)Definitions.—In this section—
(1) the term “substantial bodily injury” means bodily injury which involves—
(A) a temporary but substantial disfigurement; or
(B) a temporary but substantial loss or impairment of the function of any bodily member, organ, or mental faculty;
(2) the term “serious bodily injury” has the meaning given that term in section 1365 of this title;
(3) the terms “dating partner” and “spouse or intimate partner” have the meanings [1] given those terms in section 2266;
(4) the term “strangling” means intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly impeding the normal breathing or circulation of the blood of a person by applying pressure to the throat or neck, regardless of whether that conduct results in any visible injury or whether there is any intent to kill or protractedly injure the victim; and
(5) the term “suffocating” means intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly impeding the normal breathing of a person by covering the mouth of the person, the nose of the person, or both, regardless of whether that conduct results in any visible injury or whether there is any intent to kill or protractedly injure the victim.

So the medieval rp follows US law?

This isn't real life though. There's no need to treat a video game's laws as seriously and as specifically as the real US law.

I also got banned for downing and tying up a witch. Like what other legit reason do I need other than it being a witch? The entire town even rallied up to get the loving witch.

The fact that you're making up rules to punish players for particular play styles (as demonstrated above with your ridiculous obsession with regulating and monitoring RDMs) is further proof that you don't understand the problem. Players need to roleplay that out. If you have someone come up to you and start attacking you without any immediately understood reason, you should defend yourself and if you die, you die. That's exactly how it would play out in real medieval times. God didn't magically zap people for killing peasants in a particular manner. You should let players handle policing of behavior.

Think about how killing people in a City RP works. They are not banned from the server. They are labeled criminals and are hunted by the players roleplaying as policemen and subsequently jailed. Perhaps you should consider including such a system rather than resorting to banning people. And have judge/warden occupations that can rule to release prisoners early or extend their time in prison as the admins see fit.

I also got banned for downing and tying up a witch. Like what other legit reason do I need other than it being a witch? The entire town even rallied up to get the loving witch.
Were you to actually read the server rules, you might find that out.
The fact that you're making up rules to punish players for particular play styles (as demonstrated above with your ridiculous obsession with regulating and monitoring RDMs) is further proof that you don't understand the problem. Players need to roleplay that out. If you have someone come up to you and start attacking you without any immediately understood reason, you should defend yourself and if you die, you die. That's exactly how it would play out in real medieval times. God didn't magically zap people for killing peasants in a particular manner. You should let players handle policing of behavior.

Think about how killing people in a City RP works. They are not banned from the server. They are labeled criminals and are hunted by the players roleplaying as policemen and subsequently jailed. Perhaps you should consider including such a system rather than resorting to banning people. And have judge/warden occupations that can rule to release prisoners early or extend their time in prison as the admins see fit.
We don't even have an occupation system. Further, in a City RP, if you die, your character is not permanently dead, in most that I have seen.
Think about it this way: You are playing in a D&D campaign. Suddenly, the DM declares "Rocks fall, everyone dies!" Is this fun? Do you think that is valid?

A bounty system would be awesome. Award players for the head of a specific criminal.

In D&D you decide you want to attack a shop keeper and the DM says "no you can't do that" is that fun?