Poll

NEW THREAD HERE: https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=314260.0

Yes
109 (87.2%)
No
16 (12.8%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Author Topic: Renderman Mod | Events and Interactivity (5/31)  (Read 26899 times)

Ahehe...no, seriously. Did you actually create a bot that can navigate builds on its own with no path nodes? I feel like I'm misunderstanding you bruh.
The bot just spawns near you on the same level. It then strafes back and forth while moving towards you to overcome walls and corners. It also jumps or crouches every once and a while.

The bot just spawns near you on the same level. It then strafes back and forth while moving towards you to overcome walls and corners. It also jumps or crouches every once and a while.

That directly contradicts the OP's claim of Renderman navigating your builds. Huh.

Also, forgot to say but when I went to try out the server a few weeks ago... Renderman was completely harmless. Outside of minigame, I jetted around and, while he appeared nearby, did nothing but stand there until I turn around. Inside of minigame, he never appeared.

That directly contradicts the OP's claim of Renderman navigating your builds. Huh.

Also, forgot to say but when I went to try out the server a few weeks ago... Renderman was completely harmless. Outside of minigame, I jetted around and, while he appeared nearby, did nothing but stand there until I turn around. Inside of minigame, he never appeared.

Well, I think the AI is better because it doesn't teleport the Renderman closer to you every time. The old Renderman mod was annoying because the Rendermen kept clipping through walls.

I've added a poll to the thread.

This sounds like fairly normal behavior, Render tends to do odd things like that. Maybe you had the spawn-rate set too low?

On the other hand, I have had some reports of weird minigame-related bugs, but I haven't been able to recreate any of them myself. Try testing it a little more, maybe raise spawnrate. If that doesn't work, you might have an add-on that is somehow conflicting with the mod.

This is pretty much how it works, though it leaves out one thing. The mod actually uses a lightweight 'node generator' that runs every time Render spawns. This makes sure Render always spawns with a path to the player.

The node system also gives Render the ability to spawn around corners and ambush players. This worked great in testing, but in actual use it doesn't work as well as expected. Right now it's somewhat rare to see it in action, but Render can navigate builds.

There is still a lot of room for improvement in Render's AI (and yes, this will probably be good for Blockland bots overall). Once glitch guns are finished, I'll work on this system a bit.

You're mistaking me. That occurred on your server. Renderman spawned only out of minigame, and even then he was completely harmless.

It's really painful to catch unexpected bugs in your addons...

You're mistaking me. That occurred on your server. Renderman spawned only out of minigame, and even then he was completely harmless.
Oh, my bad. That's weird, I hosted the mod with a minigame before and didn't run into any problems. I also just checked on my server and everything's working fine.

Maybe it was just really bad luck with the spawns? Either way, I'll keep an eye out for these issues in case something happens. Thanks for letting me know.

Also, the loud sounds from the old renderman actually made it slightly more terrifying, i really wish there could be a pref for that, and i actually think it could be possible, cause the addon stride allows you to change the default sounds of footsteps with a pref.

when you gonna make him killable i wanna do an actual renderman hunt

actually can you make some sort of slayer support or special event options that happen if render is killed?

I think something bad should happen when the Renderman gets killed, similar to how you awaken the Eater of Worlds or Brain of Cthulhu in Terraria.

I think something bad should happen when the Renderman gets killed, similar to how you awaken the Eater of Worlds or Brain of Cthulhu in Terraria.

Maybe Renderman doesn't actually die, but he disappears for a while. When he comes back, he is hella mad and wants vengeance. So basically you can keep killing him, but he will always come back to haunt you, even harder than before.

Maybe Renderman doesn't actually die, but he disappears for a while. When he comes back, he is hella mad and wants vengeance. So basically you can keep killing him, but he will always come back to haunt you, even harder than before.
still, with something like this, it should have a reaction from the minigame or the map.

for instance, a giant house could be locked. it can be twisted with large mazes. the deeper you go, the better the weapons become as to persuade you to go deeper.

once he's killed, it would activate some events to unlock the front door in which you rush back before he comes back.

or just a stuffty minigame end where one team kills him first.

Is there and new features planned to make renderman more "scary" i suppose.
Also like make them slightly taller to reminisce on the older updates.
Maybe a option to set how many you want there to be?
I have a bunch of suggestions but i hadnt collected my thought well enough