Best Moments in Video Games?

Author Topic: Best Moments in Video Games?  (Read 4360 times)

What are (in ur opinion) the best moments in a video game youve played

i'd say my top one is at the end of Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, when this cutscene plays: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtWAIqo-dHM&t=8s

it shows the monsters you fought throughout the game, except this time it shows them behaving peacfully and calmy. It shows how nature isnt bad or good, it just is, and that it can be beautiful. As humans, it's up to you to interact and coexist in this world of monsters, the world you love.

saving chuckie from the goose in rugrats search for reptar

Every XCOM Enemy Unknown cutscene is excellent, and the best ones give me goosebumps every time.

Shooting your way out of the Silent Cartographer in Halo 1, when the music kicks in.

Nearly every story relevant moment in Halo 3.

Actually every story relevant moment in Halo Reach.

When you watch the instant replays in Bejeweled 3.

The ambush in Black Mesa, when the come through the skylight.

Moving through the apartments in Half Life 2 towards the suppression device.

Breaking into and back out of the citadel in Half Life Episode 1, along with the underground and the hospital. Shame about that ending battle though.

The whole of Half Life 2 Episode 2.

Bioshock Infinite, in the cutscene where she saves you with the zepplin. I was really upset when the game ended because it meant I wouldn't get to listen to the characters talk since it was over.

In a high chaos run of Dishonored, Samuel the Boatman alerts the guards that you're coming when you do the final mission. Excellent detail, which made the whole level so much cooler.

The first time our group had ever escaped Chernarus in Arma 2 and Arma 3.

Stealing two armored SUVs from an enemy radio base in Arma 2 Escape Chernarus, and speeding them towards Green Mountain as enemy jets fly overhead. The lead vehicle loving detonates, rear vehicle (which im in) dismounts and scatters. I've never seen a legit rout in the face of overwhelming force in a multiplayer game, but there it was.

The first time I lost a colony in Rimworld. And the first time I made it off the planet.

Playing The Hidden: Source which is a style of game I've never seen anywhere else.

OpenXCOM (XCOM from the early 90's, modernized) with the FMP mod. The first men in black mission was absurdly brutal, and it led the tensest and most drawn out firefight I'd ever had in the game.

In Rollercoaster Tycoon 1 and 2, when you won the level objective all the people stopped where they were and clapped. The ensuing balloon apocalypse is something I'll never forget.

Far Cry 3 when u touch the tiddy

when you walk up to fight yhorm the giant in ds3 and siegward slowly steps in from behind you and gives a short speech before beating yhorm's ass right off of him

throwing the throwing knife at sheperd's richard in mw2 and it still hitting him in the head

basically any story-significant moment in any halo game

kirby busting outta nowhere and loving obliterating ganondorf's big evil ship in subspace emissary

Anytime Venom talked in MGSV, Sutherland did such a great job hot darn.

Ending of Bioshock Infinite, changed how I think and made me interested in intellectual movies so a part of me is with that game.

Playing Squad and getting a really organized team and taking vehicles all over the map and just wrecking havoc

The entirety of Hyper Light Drifter

that time in super smash bros when dunkey beat sky

C&C Renegade
The game has a limit for how many mines your team can place. Mines can stick to anything except projectiles. I put the entire limit worth of proximity mines on the front of my Nod APC. GDI had no weapons factory, so they were camping with a stolen Nod light tank. I drove that stuff right in. Almost didn't make it due to all the incoming damage. But I did make it. Explosions sounded, and so did the "doink" kill sounds. The game lagged, the chat flooded with kills, and I was dead. So were many expensive units.
Unfortunately the server had a "reparable wreckage" mod so the light tank survived. Thankfully the explosions annihilated the APC.

No Man's Sky
I know, the game's stuff. But I can't lie, those very first moments, especially when you first leave the planet. That stuff was exciting. Warping to another system and realizing what the rest of the game is could be posted in a thread called "Worst Moments in Video Games?" though.

Duelyst
RNG is a pretty cheap method of getting great moments, and you should try not getting addicted to that kind of thing. But I cannot argue that turning a 2-22 to a 2-0 in one turn when you were easily in a losing position is very gratifying.

Call of Duty Warfare of some sort or something.
I don't remember which one it was, but it was on console and I was playing with my bro splitscreen online cause why not. I remember trying to use a semi auto rifle and clearly doing stuff. I switched to whatever was like, the 2nd most meta automatic weapon or something and went on a huge rant about how console shooters rely on aim assist and how broken it was. I was abusing it to the fullest extent. That stuff was like built in wall hacks. It could track people you couldn't even see. And sure enough, I was at the top of the scoreboard and very angry about it. But it was fun.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 02:21:56 AM by Shift Kitty »

Tea-bagging a fallen enemy in bf1 always puts a smirk on my face

that time in super smash bros when dunkey beat sky
this reminds me of the time dunkey beat sky in smash

Basically every loving thing in doom 4

Raiding the Police Station in the original Hotline Miami got my blood pumping
I also got my highest combo ever, a X12 in the second floor

One of my best memories of playing video games, was when I first played Half Life 2  7 years ago in the one part with the apartment raid in the beginning. I still enjoy that part every time I go back and play it.

Every bullet time kill I've done in Max Payne has been really enjoying and fun.

Successfully getting an artifact in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. without taking any damage or dying

Being able to get the enclave power armor in Fallout 2 really early on.

The escape from the Precursor Bomb explosion cutscene in SC2.

The cutscene in Megaman ZX Advent for (Spoilers if you did not get to the final boss) Albert completely megamerges with Model W.

The part in Ghost Trick where (Spoilers for not finishing chapter 17) Someone that looks like you kills Cabanela, alongside having his own Ghost World.

This music and the boss fight that goes with it.

Another track from a Megaman game! You know this one.

ANOTHER ONE? Comes with awesome boss reveal. Too bad the boss is really easy as a final boss.

The Sheik reveal in Ocarina of Time was pretty dope.