Poll

What course would you most like to see first/participate in most?

Modeling and animation
35 (39.8%)
General Scripting
45 (51.1%)
Datablock specific information (state system, emitter/projectile/explosion properties, image limitations, bots, etc)
7 (8%)
Other/Not listed (make a post)
1 (1.1%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Author Topic: Add-on Making Academy (Google Classroom details in OP, new poll)  (Read 26134 times)

lo i suppose i'm too late

lo i suppose i'm too late
lessons are still up, assignments were never really deadline based. people consider this a game, i figured it would be better not to turn it into too serious of a class lest it kill people's interest in the game.

Someone should make a datablock editor / add-on preset creator or something in blockland that allows dumb users to easily create add-ons

Example: instead of a whole script file you have to edit, you just click >load preset>playertype a.d the datablock are organized in a collapsible list. Then like, if you want to add or edit the datablocks it opens up a window with text input sections for each field of the datablock like

UI name: ___________ ?
Jet amount: ________ ?

And the question marks have a small description of what the field does. And you can add custom Fields as well

Basically streamlined datablock creator + educational tool

^^ he's right

There needs to be a flowchart editor that can export to a completed state system as well. Manually putting in those state indexes is loving tedious

There was also that really nice colorset maker somewhere too