Poll

What course would you most like to see first/participate in most?

Modeling and animation
35 (39.8%)
General Scripting
45 (51.1%)
Datablock specific information (state system, emitter/projectile/explosion properties, image limitations, bots, etc)
7 (8%)
Other/Not listed (make a post)
1 (1.1%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Author Topic: Add-on Making Academy (Google Classroom details in OP, new poll)  (Read 26261 times)

How do I join the classroom? I've never used google classroom before

How do I join the classroom? I've never used google classroom before
goto https://classroom.google.com/u/0/h click the "+" button at the top right, click "Join Class" and then type the code in from the OP

The first modeling lesson has been finished, delayed due to IRL work, and the second lesson going over basic modeling tools will be posted later today. If I have time I'll make an intro to animation as well.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 06:35:29 PM by Conan »

And just like that, part 2 is finished. If you haven't joined the classroom yet, you should do so now as I'm accepting model submissions and questions through it.

Note that there is a LOT of GIF's in the doc so I advise mobile users against looking at the thing cause more than a couple GIFs are 2MB. Unfortunately I can't embed any videos or anything, so it's unavoidable.

I am now a teacher for this ""academy"" under UI/UX/psychological design.

Yes please.
I want to learn how to TorqueScript, because no tutorials on the web are useful enough to help me make add-ons, and I prefer text tutorials over video tutorials.
(Although I'll watch Crown's video tutorials.. :cookie:)
Start with Java coding it's somehow similar to Torque Script.

I can tell that it definitely is not. It's more toward PHP or JavaScript.

it's better to just start with the tools you want to use tbh. if you have an idea that you're actually interested in working with, then that's a perfect excuse to dive in and learn something new, and you'll be much more motivated than if you were to learn something else just for the sake of learning it

it's better to just start with the tools you want to use tbh. if you have an idea that you're actually interested in working with, then that's a perfect excuse to dive in and learn something new, and you'll be much more motivated than if you were to learn something else just for the sake of learning it
This.

This was almost falling into the void.

On-topic: I removed students that haven't made the first assignments to reduce the work that is put on us teachers. If anyone feel they are unfairly treated, then be my guest and rejoin and mark the lessons as Done when you have read and made them.

Is the material produced for this class public anywhere (preferably in an ordered fashion)? It would be nice to be able to reference it to beginners in the future, after the class has finished.

I plan to go through my lessons and revise them. Removing redundant information and add things that I missed. Also remove or replace the assignments. Then I'm going to put it into LaTeX, put in on github and lastly publish the generated pdfs. Whenever that will be, I don't know.

Until then, if you register yourself as a student, then you'll get access to everything.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 02:45:40 AM by mctwist »

I've finally put up the current lessons on GitHub after converting them to LaTeX and generating pdf's.

Blockland TorqueScript Lessons

I've put up an issue that will be updated for new content whenever requested. Feel free to make more suggestions on design and other things.

oh no dont bump this if you do im obligated to do another lesson aaaAAA

Nope. Too late. Time to break down the mountain that have been getting bigger and bigger.