Poll

What course would you most like to see first/participate in most?

Modeling and animation
35 (39.8%)
General Scripting
45 (51.1%)
Datablock specific information (state system, emitter/projectile/explosion properties, image limitations, bots, etc)
7 (8%)
Other/Not listed (make a post)
1 (1.1%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Author Topic: Add-on Making Academy (Google Classroom details in OP, new poll)  (Read 26284 times)

only if the addon maker has nothing else in life but addons

aka me

only if the addon maker has nothing else in life but addons

aka me

be smarter than the add-on

BE the add-on!

but if bl is dying r u guys really all that interested??

i was gonna put up a poll at the end of the month as a new topic to re-gauge interest, but i guess we can still use this topic
please do, i'm starting to get into coding for some reason now and while modification help has been useful, it's still sparse

i'd love to know how to do models and scripts and that stuff

I am good with GUIs. Maybe I can help with that

You can teach the tools for making add-ons all you want, but you've really got to emphasize the design and making aspects of add-ons.
Like, actually making mods.And releasing them.

Instead of doing "Add-On Examples/Creation" maybe break apart an add-on you're familiar with to help understand how to tie the tools together into something functional, the design of one.

You can teach the tools for making add-ons all you want, but you've really got to emphasize the design and making aspects of add-ons.
Like, actually making mods.And releasing them.

Instead of doing "Add-On Examples/Creation" maybe break apart an add-on you're familiar with to help understand how to tie the tools together into something functional, the design of one.
yeah definitely. it will probably go with "practical code" section which is probably going to be renamed to "practical lessons" since its more design aspect stuff

probably cover aesthetics to functionality, and where simplicity should be sacrificed for complexity and vice versa.

I am good with GUIs. Maybe I can help with that
ooo that would be great. i'd love to talk this over with you.

be smarter than the add-on

BE the add-on!
time to code first complete ai representation of human ever in the best language ever: ts

i keep getting stuck in these perpetual states of i need to focus on important stuff like getting famous and making money and then drifting back to blockland really needs this helmet pack every once in a while

its really conflicting to be caught up between the feeling that you're wasting your precious time on a game that will die in the next 5 years and the feeling that you just want to make more stupid stuff for people to add on their servers

i keep getting stuck in these perpetual states of i need to focus on important stuff like getting famous and making money and then drifting back to blockland really needs this helmet pack every once in a while

You don't want what comes with fame, trust me. Money is good to pursue, but the most important thing is family and health. Those are both > money and fame.

its really conflicting to be caught up between the feeling that you're wasting your precious time on a game that will die in the next 5 years and the feeling that you just want to make more stupid stuff for people to add on their servers
me irl, but ya dont put fame as a priority. sounds like a bad idea.

Id love to learn how to do armor and weapon stuff

Im a hustler, its in my nature to seek fame and fortune. I don't like the idea of slow money and i'd rather be making music and stuff and investing my time in my talents than studying to be a lawyer or game designer or financial fat cat

Its been my priority forever. I just want to stay down and work than get distracted by making addons n stuff
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 07:54:27 PM by PhantOS »

Im a hustler, its in my nature to seek fame and fortune. I don't like the idea of slow money and i'd rather be making music and stuff and investing my time in my talents than studying to be a lawyer or game designer or financial fat cat

is this a parody

possibly

whatever it is depends on how people respond to it isn't it