Add-on Making Academy (Google Classroom details in OP, new poll)

Poll

What course would you most like to see first/participate in most?

Modeling and animation
35 (39.8%)
General Scripting
45 (51.1%)
Datablock specific information (state system, emitter/projectile/explosion properties, image limitations, bots, etc)
7 (8%)
Other/Not listed (make a post)
1 (1.1%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Author Topic: Add-on Making Academy (Google Classroom details in OP, new poll)  (Read 26188 times)

is this a parody
parody of what? I thought what he said was legitimate.

Thats just how i roll. Im an all-in type of person. It has its pros and cons

give some times
summer aka starting early/mid may when im off school and home being a neet

i just slap everything into abominable piles of code in gamemode files for myself usually these days
haven't been interested in making neat little packageds add-ons anymore for years now
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 10:16:33 PM by Tezuni 2.0 »

Couldn't you just make documentation for Blockland modding instead of teaching some people how to do it? You could copy a lot of the material from the basic Torque documentation.

Hey Conan do you still need a refresh on mesh deformation rigging for animations?
I can help with rigging and animation tutorials if you want, and I can do a guide for using the older .dts exporter for playertype animations as well.

I won't be able to contribute much till late May or early June, but I'd love to help out at some point.
I've been meaning to make some tutorials for awhile, but I've always lacked the motivation to do it. A teaching project like this is just the thing I need to get myself going on stuff.

Couldn't you just make documentation for Blockland modding instead of teaching some people how to do it? You could copy a lot of the material from the basic Torque documentation.

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B-IJmnAWNjEFSmRTVUdCWHpyM00

https://bldocs.nullable.se/html/index.html

Those already exist, and there's people who learn in different ways.

With direct teaching, this gives some people the opportunity to ask questions, experiment, and ask questions about their experiments. Those kinds of people are likely to 'skim' over documentation because it's not engaging enough, or maybe procrastination is holding them back.
Some people do better when they can just read something at their own pace. Documentation works better for those people.

idk if there's enough interest to do this. heh

idk if there's enough interest to do this. heh
Time to prove you wrong I'm still interested. Lets see how many people reply again.

Hey Conan do you still need a refresh on mesh deformation rigging for animations?
I can help with rigging and animation tutorials if you want, and I can do a guide for using the older .dts exporter for playertype animations as well.

I won't be able to contribute much till late May or early June, but I'd love to help out at some point.
I've been meaning to make some tutorials for awhile, but I've always lacked the motivation to do it. A teaching project like this is just the thing I need to get myself going on stuff.
ty based thearmyguy i need this in my life

yes please bby

no coding is for nerds