Add-on Making Academy (Google Classroom details in OP, new poll)

Poll

What course would you most like to see first/participate in most?

Modeling and animation
35 (39.8%)
General Scripting
45 (51.1%)
Datablock specific information (state system, emitter/projectile/explosion properties, image limitations, bots, etc)
7 (8%)
Other/Not listed (make a post)
1 (1.1%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Author Topic: Add-on Making Academy (Google Classroom details in OP, new poll)  (Read 26250 times)

yeah i'm interested
what are the chances that you have to pay

I've always wanted to make some video tutorials on Blockland scripting.
Do it

I would like to learn more.  I don't know much about making vehicles or weapons.
i also wanna know how to do networking so i can make some sort of voice chat but thats really advanced so i don't think anyone would be making a tutorial for that plus it might require making a custom dll or something and i dont really want to go there :(

I want to but I open up blender and then stuff myself because I have no idea what anything does
I remember feeling like that.  The worst part is most tutorials use the hotkeys.  How am I supposed to remember all of those hotkeys starting out.
giv menu locations pls

teach me how to code pls

I really need to figure out how the states system works for weapons.

If you just want text tutorials Iban made some back in 2011 that explains a lot of the way Blockland modding works.
The original links are dead but I had saved a copy, feel free to check it out.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 01:09:36 PM by Crøwn »

didn't someone to do a "class" a while back for blockland scripting? he gave people projects to turn in weekly and all that
with how many people are interested, would be something to consider

I would love to know, but I am very new to coding and especially 3D modeling

didn't someone to do a "class" a while back for blockland scripting? he gave people projects to turn in weekly and all that
with how many people are interested, would be something to consider
mr wallet

Think in depth videos would be best. People who want to learn could do it at their own pace and not have to set aside specific time to learn from someone. Not to mention those videos would remain for future modders to learn and base things off.

I would love to spend my free extra time on something like add on making, i'm totally interested in it.