Environment Zone 1.1 | Per-client environments | Multiple worlds!

Author Topic: Environment Zone 1.1 | Per-client environments | Multiple worlds!  (Read 38375 times)

but what happens with water?

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEE

i knew this had to be possible some how. thanks dude, very useful for campaigns!!

Do you have to pass through the border or will it still change if you use a teleport event?

Yeah, there's about a half a second of lag between zone transitions which is understandable. Unless you segment the zoned areas properly that lag is going to be quite jarring for players.

That's caused by your client loading the new skybox on the main thread. Nothing I can do about it really.

If you use the all white one, it will be much better.

Do you have to pass through the border or will it still change if you use a teleport event?

It should work if you teleport into the zone.

but what happens with water?

You can create different water for each zone, but it doesn't make much sense, as water is a global effect.
So while clients in a different zone won't see the water, they will still swim in it... or float from their point of view.

It would only work well if clients never get to touch the water. For example, you could have water in the main environment, and a small space zone somewhere high up that hides the water and ground.

Water is restricted to the zone since version 1.1
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 10:12:18 AM by Zeblote »

Can you add something like

Code: [Select]
/HideEnvZone {Name}

Hides zones you have made
/EnvZoneList

Lists all the env zones you have made
/EnvZoneTrust {Name}

Allows players to modify your env zone

/EnvZoneUnTrust {Name}

Removes the players trust to your zones if you have trusted them

/EnvZoneTrustList

Shows all the players you have trusted with /EnvZoneTrust

There really is no need for a trust system. All commands are admin only, if you don't trust the admins on your server to not mess up your zones, maybe they shouldn't be admin in the first place.

Also am getting issue with selectiveghosting.dll saying it's not enabled upon server start.
Video tutorial possibly?

If the steps in the OP aren't working, I really don't know what's wrong with it. You should ask Port for help there as he made the BlocklandLoader dll.

I notice that warping/orbing from inside one zone to inside another zone leaves you with the global environment. It seems to apply the new environment for a split second before reverting to the global environment. Not a problem for most users, but I know I'll be warping a lot.

Sounds like a bug. Maybe it's running the "left old zone" event after the "entered new zone" one because blockland.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

EDIT: I'm getting a bit of lag going into/out of a large zone using custom settings (not just picking a sky) and I don't know why.

Also water is global physically, do you plan to change that or do you figure it doesn't need changing?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 10:03:23 PM by Super Suit 12 »

This is great for rpg's, singleplayer gamemodes, and other gamemodes that have multiple worlds and zones.

EDIT: I'm getting a bit of lag going into/out of a large zone using custom settings (not just picking a sky) and I don't know why.

When you enter a zone, all environment objects are un-ghosted and then the new environment is scoped to your client. So it reloads the skybox even if you aren't changing it.

i request environments within enviroments

Sounds like a bug. Maybe it's running the "left old zone" event after the "entered new zone" one because blockland.
That sounds like the source of a similar and potentially much more jarring bug:

walking from one zone to an adjacent zone will briefly load the new zone's environment before going back to the global environment

so you're in a deep dark dungeon or whatever and oooh it's like
lava room time
get a touch of reddish ambient light in--
*OUTDOOR SHADOW COLOR*

This could all be avoided, I think, by using persistent zones which don't revert to global, but it would be good to not have to rely on that