Bullstuff interview questions keep me from getting offered jobs.

Author Topic: Bullstuff interview questions keep me from getting offered jobs.  (Read 5235 times)

then copy what somebody else said and fit it to yourself. you have to get over it or you won't be hired.

Can you remember paragraphs? Because I can't.

it's also worth noting that you shouldn't be too modest when answering the questions. you want to make yourself look good

What do you mean?

"Why should I hire you?"
i would say that i would be using this job as a springboard that gets me job experience and allows me to progress to a more important job in future

but i don't know i'm not an expert

What do you mean?
Going like "Naaaaaahhhh I'm not the bessssstttt"

Modesty can screw you over, don't feel afraid to flaunt some ego and be confident

Can you remember paragraphs? Because I can't.
you are telling me you don't get the jist of the 3 sentences that lay out how you answer the question?

What do you mean?

I usually have sort of a guideline thought out before the interview, but then they ask some different question I didn't think of and it throws me off and I can't remember anything

damn this dude is dense af

I usually have sort of a guideline thought out before the interview, but then they ask some different question I didn't think of and it throws me off and I can't remember anything
Take notes during the interview, then. They actually see you writing things down, and they see that as a sign of caring about what they're saying.

just BS them. i did it. it got me hired.

they asked me about a rough social situation in my life. i said that i forgot my lines in a speech. (which was happening at that moment). then i said something along the lines of "but i kept trying, and i remembered my lines, and i got an A".

I said I can't bullstuff I can't come up with stuff on the spot, I have to think of it beforehand. However, like I mentioned, a new question appears and throws me off and I lose everything.

I said I can't bullstuff I can't come up with stuff on the spot, I have to think of it beforehand. However, like I mentioned, a new question appears and throws me off and I lose everything.
good luck dealing with any form of upfront retail

Try not to do this then, be confident

You're being extremely dense tbh

Well I'm sorry if I'm dense, this is a rant thread after all

You should probably not apply for a job in retail and food preparation.  You encounter bullstuff daily.  Maybe try something else like data entry?

ya for a job like what you're looking for questions like those don't belong; nobody is going to spend their life working their way to the top of the walmart ranks
just appeal to your audience really

You should probably not apply for a job in retail and food preparation.  You encounter bullstuff daily.  Maybe try something else like data entry?
Most data entry jobs require prior experience, if not in data entry, then at least prior work experience.
Only retail and food preparation do first time hires.

Anyways, unless you've got high-up connections, this is something everyone goes through. Only the top 10% don't have to deal with it.