2 (22.2%)
Blood Orchid
2 (22.2%)
White Noise
0 (0%)
Chimera
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: The Rainbow Six: Siege Megathread (OPERATION PARA BELLUM)  (Read 31133 times)

is there anything in this world more satisfying than the *THUMP* and +70 of someone walking into your frost mat?

is there anything in this world more satisfying than the *THUMP* and +70 of someone walking into your frost mat?
Shooting through a wall, getting +120, a red hitmarker, and that *BING* noise whenever it displays the player count.

Just got an ace and carried my team in a match, feels good.

>tfw you clutch a point defense mission as frost 1v1
>tfw it was the welcome mat that got the final kill

did a double take there

wanna play with me bb
hell yell, but be warned im only a high silver pleb : (

hell yell, but be warned im only a high silver pleb : (
ill carry you in casual

ill carry you in casual
nice, I can carry too, but I'm not actually plat 2 on pc, only on ps4
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 10:14:37 PM by RazerBL »

how much longer do you think this game will be very active/is it worth the purchase rn? i like to get a lot of hours off games i buy

edit: i rented it on release for a few days and played it. it was ok but didn't really have time to get into it, plus ive heard it's got a lot better

how much longer do you think this game will be very active/is it worth the purchase rn? i like to get a lot of hours off games i buy

edit: i rented it on release for a few days and played it. it was ok but didn't really have time to get into it, plus ive heard it's got a lot better
It's much better and different than from the start, but there is a big learning curve.

It's been out for over a year and it's been growing exponentially. Not likely to die anytime soon.

30k Active players is the average I am told. However I wouldn't know because my matchmaking times are starting to range in the order of 30 minutes. My total playtime on steam is about 800 hours but ubisoft reports I've only actually been inside matches for about 500 hours. This is seriously not OK lol.

Not to mention the ridiculous amount of plats playing casual. Good luck as a new player trying to get into a fair match. I imagine the reason for this is that most people with plat haven't actually earned it (farmed with a premade, hacked, or got boosted) and are afraid of loosing it by playing more ranked games on their own so they just stuff on new players in casual. Most diamonds play ranked and most silver and bellows do too so I'm guessing getting platinum is super easy to do but super hard to keep or something.

There's probably a few who are just ranked players but have newb friends that they want to hang out with in casual; though I have yet to actually really see that ever happen. But that kind of explanation does not describe to me why I keep getting matched against these insanely sweaty tryharders that I can often times beat with randoms just by playing recruit. I'm serious, In a day of playing over 30 matches, seeing anyone below gold that isn't unranked is like seeing a unicorn.

I wouldn't really know though, I've played exactly one ranked game and it was an exceptionally hilarious stuff-fest of random disconnects, extreme lag, rubber banding strikes for all players, and people who claimed they were cheating, and proceded to prove it; but that's a story for another night lol.

Its still plenty fun if you play with friends, just try not to get too sweaty ;3

defending, i'm most likely to break a decent chunk of a wall by a stairwell, away from fuze-able windows, and just go to town when i see enemies coming.

attacking, i tend to act more sneaky. i pretty much go from the top floor top to the bottom floor and be as quiet as possible.

If you prefer getting kills then someone like Mira for defense isn't a bad choice by any stretch; though if you like to camp good spots maybe using a valk cam is your game.

Good Sneaker for 25k'd probably be Jackal atm, following footprints can give you that spooky edge you need for stealth. Any three speed operators are good for sneaking around but be careful who you pick because someone like Hibana is best used when not trying to be a sneaky lone wolf.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 03:52:58 AM by Rykuta »

defending, i'm most likely to break a decent chunk of a wall by a stairwell, away from fuze-able windows, and just go to town when i see enemies coming.

attacking, i tend to act more sneaky. i pretty much go from the top floor top to the bottom floor and be as quiet as possible.

Frost is also a good roaming, defensive operator, I've been able to just set up traps in areas where people will try to sneak in or charge in, works every time. Also, I put down traps after preparation so nobody sees where I put my traps up. Using the super allows you to make a nice hole to "glory hole" people, it does a stuffload of damage and it's fairly consistent.